*SPOILER ALERT* My Criticisms of WALL·E *SPOILER ALERT*

Hi Guys,

I absolutely LOVED WALL·E, and I am considering seeing it again. MY rating for the film is 9.9999/10

The reply to most, if not all of my statements is: “It’s a Film, and it adds to the storyline”.

Here they are:

· All the buildings are in pretty good nick for 700 years without any maintenance! Most building would just be overgrown concrete and steel frames by this time.

· Regardless of how long WALL·E had had the VCR and Hello Dolly! for, The VCR’s tape heads and the tape would have deteriorated over time. 30 years is enough for a VHS to become unreadable, so 800 years (Surely they weren’t using tapes in 2105!) would have destroyed the tape.

· When Auto Spins and tilts the ship, why did everyone tip? Is there a field of gravity under the ship that doesn’t move with it? In space, You could be upside down relative to the earth and still not tip.

· Where is WALL·E getting his power for his house from? There is no solar panels on the truck, and no obvious source of other power.

The Major Flaw in WALL·E’s design
He needs SOLAR light to charge! say a WALL·E is in an artificially lit area, and is low on charge, it cannot charge even though there is plenty of light!

As I said, most of these add to the story line. And I am considering seeing it again. When it comes out on DVD, I’m gonna buy at and watch it over and over. :smiley:!

I like being able to use HTML!

This is true. And you’ve seen the “world without humans” show on History Channel, the buildings would have just collapsed. There’s this law that that points out that the world is slowly deteriorating, but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

Well, since it’s a movie, I usually just roll with the logic of it. Hyperjump is impossible, but that’s in about 100 different movies right now. Neither should there be sound in space.

Movies don’t always have to make sense. Sometimes they just defy them for the dramatic effect of it.

And you have to admit that the Wall-E intro would have been sort of boring without those buildings, lol.

Another criticism-[spoil]I don’t see how Wall-E was able to climb up the vent (when EVE goes to deliver the planet a second time to the Captain and Wall-E follows her after a while) when he has those wheels on. Wouldn’t he just like slip and fall down?[/spoil]

Yeah, I had a few questions too.

For example, the Captain [spoil]makes it clear that the current humans do not know anything about farming or growing their own food. So where do they get their actual food from? Is it all chemically engineered stuff?

Where do they even get their oxygen from, as there are no plants? Do they somehow combine chemicals to make oxygen?[/spoil]

And as a friend of mine pointed out after we had finished watching the film, [spoil]how exactly does WALL-E get his memory back? It makes sense for him to have lost it, but for him to suddenly remember who EVE is and everything that happened seems a bit random. But as I pointed out to her, it is a film aimed predominantly at a younger audience, and to have such a depressing ending would just be a little too much. Perhaps his memory gain is just a bit of Pixar magic![/spoil]

FounderofAzn- I see your point. I guess [spoil]WALL-E does have quite grippy tyre treads, which might help.[/spoil]

Yes I did, and 2 weeks later it was on channel 4! so I watched it twice!

One last criticism: Wall-e didn’t have any strength in the trash area, and was finding it hard to function. How did he have the strength to hold the Holo detector up?

Actually…

1. [spoil]There is no sound in space (“Define Dancing”, Eve says “No, no…” then Wall-E zooms by saying EVE"[/spoil]

And ^^, No, I don’t think so. Friction would keep him up.I do that all the time, :stuck_out_tongue:

To answer ^'s question [spoil]they used the plant in the boot to begin with, then seeds, which is self explanatory after that [/spoil]

Artificial light =/= to help Solar panels. He needs the sun, and being inside a ship won’t help much.

-EIA-

^I understand that, but There is PV cells that do not need sunlight to use. Wouldn’t those be better?

Not for Wall-E, he’s made for being outside. Not cleaning inside, I assume he just chose to live in the house, because of cover.

I guess it was unreal [spoil]getting hit by lightning twice, and still working. for a machine it takes a little shock to ruin it[/spoil]. But maybe humans advanced that or something…

-EIA-

^yeah, probably, but he is designed for working through all weather, all terrain.

"Where is WALL·E getting his power for his house from? There is no solar panels on the truck, and no obvious source of other power. "

There are 2 giant banks of Solar Panels covering Walle’s truck, and also a mountain of car batteries with wire cables attached to them INSIDE his truck.

Both PAINFULLY obvious.

Yeah… that part didn’t make any sense at all. Kinda bugs me :frowning:

When EVE visits his house you will notice strings of light coming on one by one as he attaches wires to the big pile of batteries in the back of his home.

Both are handled by the ship. When the Captain is doing morning rounds he checks on the Regenerative Food Bar and Atmospheric conditions. So the ship and robots take care of that somehow. Probably recycling waste (ew) and air scrubbers.

The IMDB FAQ has a good technical explanation. imdb.com/title/tt0910970/faq#.2.1.23

Actually the tipping might be explained.
If the ship has its own gravity field, the ship might have a way to tip. Even so, it does beg the question where does the gravity come from? :stuck_out_tongue:

I did not see them! O_o.

Some sort of gravity generator. If you remember the docking bay, when the doors close there’s suddenly gravity, so it can be turned on and off and adjusted at will. So it would be easy for Auto to adjust the gravity to make everyone slip over to one side of the ship, but that would not require actually tilting the ship. I’m sure that was just to make it clearer to people what was happening as not everyone can be a sci-fi geek.

Maybe Auto was making sure.

Sorry points at self science geek.
I’m thinking they did recycle everything to get new stuff. Think about the waste and then to replace it wouldn’t be hard (sadly) So everything could have been artifical and also been replenished

Which is why it was in a cup. But the Axiom was only designed to last 5 years, so it must have had plenty of backup systems.

That explanation is AWESOME. Essentially what I assumed, but in detail. Almost hilarious how thorough that reasoning is.

Funny yet true.
You can replace the motherboard of your computer and keep the hard drive.
You will retain all your data and information. (operating system too)
But there is one thing lost in the process, your BIOS (Basic In/Out System)
Its your motherboards…well operation system (Like Windows or OSX)
This is where your computer stores settings for your system specs. So it will ask you the information for the systems parts.
Maybe Wall-E just had his BIOS reset and went out for a time where the basic system told him to do what he was originally programmed for. Then, after the settings were updated, the system rebooted and his personality was back.

But I like to think EVE kissing him just saved him :slight_smile:

People claim to have heard the sound of a hard drive spinning up after she kisses him? Anyone else notice that?

No, I didn;t