Sheet music for the musically inclined...

I was kind of obsessed with WALL-E for a bit so I wrote up some sheet music for the main theme (The Axoim on the soundtrack).

omohide.com/WALL_E_Theme_Axiom.pdf

omohide.com/wall_e_theme_axiom.mp3

(leave off the www)

Oh. that is so cool.

But I dont play any instruments anymore lol

Oh, wow!!

I’ve been playing the piano forever and I’ve been hoping they would put out a Wall-E Piano book…and now I have a song from it all thanks to you!

Thank you so much!! It sounds great!!! :smiley:

Ooh, treble and bass! Looks awesome. Might print that out sometime, perhaps after I’ve seen the movie and have an idea as to what the music should sound like. Thanks for that, theowne! :smiley:

Well, I can’t play piano to save my life, but I can read music. Thanks for it theowne.

beautiful! I love the piano! I want it on the CD :smiley:

I’d learn to play the piano just so I could play “You’ve Got a Frien in Me”.

…You just made me wanna try and play WALL-E music on my harmonica. Darnit, I wish I knew how to use piano/read music. I played drums. All this notes going up and down stuff is beyond me. XD

Beaaautiful arrangement! I love the little things you added. Are you a pianist? In the future, be sure to keep to either sharps or flats entirely… it’s just easier for any piano performer and will make them less irritated. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi, thanks for the advice, I have to admit I never really noticed, since I did it using a computer program which just automatically assigns sharps or flats as I enter the key. I’ll keep that in mind in the future. Yes I play the piano, this is my youtube channel.

Wow. That is echanting! You are quite the talented one :slight_smile:

I love to play the piano, but unfortunately, I do not have a piano to play.

theowne: that’s great! Nice job!

As far as sharps and flats go, the original does modulate of course, just as you wrote – but when you’re finished, you might want to go back and correct the weird things the computer does, such as the funky enharmoics (ie, the “F-flats” in measure 22 should just be written as "E"s, which is what they are). In the studio we see this kind of enharmoic stuff all the time with computers and learn to wade through it (but not necessarily like it). But really nice job (right key, too!)

By the way, a little trivia… something I never mentioned before (because it’d only make sense to musicians) is that many times film scores do not have key signatures, even if the cue is in F# minor or E major or whatever. Instead, each measure will simply contain the needed sharps or flats (but without a key signature at the top). Not all the time, but I’d say a majority of the time this is the case. Like for Wall-E, I don’t think there were any cues that had an actual key signature at the top, even if the entire cue was in d-flat major or G major (instead, the needed flats or sharps would be simply be printed for each measure).

Hey, you should video yourself playing it for your YouTube channel…

Wow, thanks for pointing out to me. Lol, that is so completely random and strange.

So you mean it’s all written as if it was in C Major? That’s really strange, is there any particular reason for that? Seems like it’s just more work for both the composer, orchestrator and the performer. I would guess all those sharps and flats would become really annoying.

This is amazing! Funny, cause I was just listening to the soundtrack on my bike ride home from work today, and I was wondering what the Axiom part of the score would sound like if it was done on piano. It’s definitely the most majestic part of the score, I’m surprised the cues don’t repeat as much as they should. It’s well written and beautiful indeed.

Oh and I edited out all the sharps and flats weirdness…

Apologize if the recording is a bit weak, I had to do it on my lame digital piano.

Definitely, and the theme is really great, I wish it would have been used more. The only other part where it appears is in the 2815 AD near the end, played on the music box, and it sounds amazing there as well. Darn Tom Newman, creating these great melodies but not using them enough! :slight_smile:

Wow, thanks for pointing out to me. Lol, that is so completely random and strange.
That’s computers for you… :sunglasses:

So you mean it’s all written as if it was in C Major?
Yup. Sometimes you’ll see a key signature, but the majority of the times you don’t, with the accidentals simply notated in each measure. As for why… I don’t really know. But my guess is that it makes it easier to troubleshoot problems and make changes during the recording process… for instance, if there’s a wrong note in the room in measure 137, I think it might be easier having all the accidentals in each measure rather than having to check back to see the latest key it was in. Since recording time is expensive and the cues aren’t published, I can kind of see where it makes sense. Of course in anything that would be professionally published (such as an official piano or band arrangement) it would be given a key signature…

As per miafka’s advice, I’ve uploaded a video of the arrangement to youtube;

youtube.com/watch?v=oVRSgwnpmtg

Great arrangement, and really nice phrasing and performance. Nice!

Wow, I just have to say, you played that so beautifully! o_o That’s one of my favorite songs from the movie. (I admit, it gets me a bit teary-eyed for some reason) I favorited it so I can listen to it whenever I want now. xP

Cool topic, too! Too bad I can’t read music. ^^; I have all these instruments, yet really no idea how to play them…kind of sad.