What is your 'song or songs' that get you through the day?

I was watching the film and thought this might be an interesting question. I’m still not sure of my own, but I’d be interested to hear what makes us hum and possibly gyrate a bit as we walk down the street or do a task.

“Send Me On My Way” by Rusted Root

It’s so upbeat, and it always brings my spirits up. :smiley:

One of These Mornings by Moby

Depressing, but upbeat and kind of happy at the same time. Hard to explain…

After seeing WALL•E my song is “Down To Earth”, I can’t get it out of my head. It just makes me smile and think of how awesome the movie is!

I think I may have the answer to my own question.

One song that goes on my iPod every once in awhile is ‘Good for Me’ by Amy Grant.

What can I say? Amy Grant brings out the hopeless romantic in me.

Even the chorus seems almost like Wall-E’s love to dance around:

When I start to sing the blues
You pull out my dancing shoes
I think you could be so good for me
You get brave when I get shy
Just another reason why
I think you could be so good for me.

Well, lately,[spoil] I’ve been singing Sunday Clothes a lot. Darn obsession. [/spoil]XD But usually, Switchfoot songs are awesome. Christian rock in general, but especially Switchfoot.

Well, usually my own little jingle I made: “Do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you.”

But the tune sounds horrible (though I still hum it), and after seeing WALL•E, it’s been Put on Your Sundat Clothes, of course! :smiley:

Put me on the list of Put on Your Sunday clothes-ers!! Barnaby!!!

I have lots of favourite songs to get me through my day, but at the moment it would be the 1812 Overture. Such a powerful piece.

I am scared of Thunderstorms like crazy. Whenever we have one, I sig “Never Let Go” to myself. “Oh no, you never let go, through the calm and through the STORM!” I yell storm. XD

Usually, any song that I love so much that I can hear it over and over again will help me get through my day.

Good one, Netbug! :smiley:

And Martin, welcome to the club. XD Barnaby…!

Really random, but YAY! Barnaby!!!