WALL-E Box Office!

I hope I’m not overlooking an existing thread, but since I couldn’t find another current thread discussing the film’s box office totals, I decided to start one.

Anyway, Box Office Mojo has just updated their site with Friday’s estimates! While “Wanted” did better than expected with $18.7 million, Wall-e got an easy #1 with an awesome $23.3 million! This is THE BIGGEST OPENING DAY TOTAL EVER for a Pixar film! The second biggest is The Incredibles with $20.5 opening Friday. The Incredibles is currently Pixar’s biggest opening weekend with $70.4 million, so that means Wall-e is almost definitely going to hit $70+ this weekend and will probably beat The Incredibles opening numbers!

Here’s the links:
Daily Totals
Wall-E Page

This is terrific! Having seen the movie, I’ll be plugging it till it becomes the next “Shrek 2” – because it deserves to make money!

~Sarah

I had a hunch it would be the most grossing film of Pixar yet. For some reason, I thought it would be a little more than that, but any who, that’s certainly enough walking-around money.

It’s wonderful to hear that it’s doing so well!

Well congratulations for an big opening day for WALL-E. It’s gonna get bigger and better!

Considering that Disney has marketed this film more than they did The Incredibles, Cars, and Ratatouille, and with a character that you can instantly love in the 2 minute trailer, I’d say a lot of people will rush to WALL-E opening weekend.

An estimated $23.3 million for opening weekend is remarkable and expected. I just hope that adjusted for inflation, WALL-E has the highest grossing opening weekend for a Pixar film ever. Everyone deserves and needs to see this film. And I’m not just saying that just because I love Pixar.

(Gosh, don’t even remind me of that dreaded green ogre franchise again!)

Opening day, not weekend. There’s two more days…

\

Thanks for the correction. I usually edit my posts before I post them, but I think I was too excited about the box office before I pressed the submit button!

Go WALL-E!! It’s funny how DreamWorks makes a decent film for once, and three weeks later, Pixar blows right through it, story wise and box-office wise!!

It would be awesome for this to start off it’s theatre run with a bang! I know it can get the highest weekend opening for a Pixar film ever! GO WALL•E!

All them lucky Americans getting to see Wall E already :frowning: :cry::imp:

New estimates are up @ boxofficemojo.com

Friday: $23,100,000
Saturday: $22,018,000
Sunday: $17,400,000
Weekend total: $62,500,000

And remember, these are just estimates, not real numbers.

boxofficemojo.com/daily/char … -28&p=.htm
boxofficemojo.com/weekend/ch … =26&p=.htm

I have a feeling Wall-e’s going to improve in box office in the next two days.

my estimates:

Saturday: 26 million

Sunday: 24.5 million

Total weekend grosses: 73.6 million

Biggest Pixar opening EVER!!! :smiley:

And just for information, Dreamworks’ Kung Fu Panda did $60,239,130 on it’s opening weekend, 'tho it was in 4114 theaters vs. Wall-E in 3992 theaters and had less competition.

I think Wall-E deserves more money than Panda!

Oh geez. I can only imagine Jim Hill’s blog entry on this in the coming days. “What went wrong with WALL-E?” :unamused:

Hey, we can help this guys. Let’s all go see it again!

The opening weekend gross is estimated to be one-third box office total (per country). Imagine it makes $200 million domestically, and another $300 mil worldwide. We’ve got another winner! How rich is Pixar?!

~Sarah

Is it bad that Wall-E’s gross went down over the weekend instead of the normal Friday good…Saturday higher than friday…Sunday a little under Fridays.

But instead…It goes down from Friday to Sunday…

I’m worried
:frowning:

Saw it twice already. I’ll probably see it again a 3rd time. And I’m spreading the word.

This movie will make tons overseas, but it will have to work hard to beat the likes of Hancock domestically. Good grief, America.

I went to go see it again today with one of the movie passes I got in a school bonus point auction, but they’re not taking passes for a week or so. I know using coupons doesn’t support the movie, but I’m still kinda bummed. Oh well.

Some movies have opening weekends like that, but I don’t think you should be worried. After all, we got a lot of days to go before we get the total. SO just hold on to your horses. It will get better. I think.