WALL•E Soundtrack

Here are the details of the WALL•E soundtrack… So far we only have a picture and a release date, but hopefully they’ll release a track listing soon.

Release date: June 24, 2008 (United States)

Amazon.com page

The background looks so… cardboard-ey. They should have made it a starry, spacey background.

Well at least WALL-E looks adorable. I agree with you on the background though.

I disagree. I think the cardboard type background is well suited, due to the fact that it’s just another piece of “waste” that WALL•E will eventually pick up in 700 years.

A track listing should be available in the second week of May.

I’d actually have to agree with rachelcakes1985 on the cover. It’s rather plain. I would have preferred something a bit glossier or whatever.

I’m on tip-toe waiting for this soundtrack to be released. A well-composed score has always been, to me, one of the most integral aspects of any production, and WALL-E’s soundtrack is no exception. What I have heard from the film – as far as background music goes – sounds absolutely splendid and entrancing, and I can’t wait to get my paws on it…

As for the cover, I’m with bawpcwpn on that. I kind of like the grubby, dated cover – it gives it a more earthly, worn-out look that suits the flavor of the starting location in the film. I wouldn’t be surprised if the cover was changed later on in the game, though, since there are still a few months left until the soundtrack’s release. I suppose we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

– Mitch

The song that Peter Gabriel is contributing to the soundtrack is called “Down to Earth.” Apparently it will be released as a single…

On Amazon.com there’s the tracklist!! 38 TRACKS! THREE written by Thomas Newman and Peter Gabriel!
Two from Hello Dolly! + La vie en rose by Louis Armstrong!!!
O. M. G.

[Note the track #26 :smiley:]

amazon.com/Wall-e-Original-S … l_1#disc_1

1. Put On Your Sunday Clothes Performed by Michael Crawford
2. 2815 A.D.
3. Wall-E
4. The Spaceship
5. EVE*
6. Thrust
7. Bubble Wrap
8. La Vie En Rose Performed by Louis Armstrong
9. Eye Surgery
10. Worry Wait
11. First Date
12. Eve Retrieve
13. The Axiom
14. BNL**
15. Foreign Contaminant
16. Repair Ward
17. 72 Degrees and Sunny
18. Typing Bot
19. Septuacentennial
20. Gopher
21. Wall-E’s Pod Adventure
22. Define Dancing*
23. No Splashing No Diving
24. All That Love’s About
25. M-O
26. Directive A-113
27. Mutiny!
28. Fixing Wall-E
29. Rogue Robots
30. March of the Gels
31. Tilt
32. The Holo-Detector
33. Hyperjump
34. Desperate Eve
35. Static
36. It Only Takes a Moment Performed by Michael Crawford
37. Down to Earth*** Performed by Peter Gabriel
38. Horizon 12.2

*Composed by Thomas Newman and Peter Gabriel
**Written by Bill Bernstein and Thomas Newman
*** Music by Peter Gabriel and Thomas Newman, Lyrics by Peter Gabriel

[Note the track #26 ]
Yup. I didn’t post on it before because I thought it’d be a spoiler. But now it’s on Amazon, oh well.

Looks like they put a lot of the tracks on there.
Thanks for the update.

(Amazon asking list price + shipping? Whoa…)

Can you say why the song “BNL” has been written by Bill Bernstein (according to IMDB he’s the music editor of Thomas Newman)? It is a particularly complex song or whatever?
If you can’t say anything more, ok, it’s fine :slight_smile:

Yess!!! I’m completely pumped that Put On Your Sunday Clothes and It Only Takes a Moment are on the soundtrack! A couple years back I was in a community theater production of Hello, Dolly, so I’m totally going to have some nastalgia every time I watch this movie! And those are two great songs! I’ll probably be singing along in the theater!

As a side note, count me among those who don’t like the soundtrack cover. I would have preferred the cover to have an inspirational “outer-space” look to it. Now, I don’t really mind the cardboard look, but I hate the way Wall-E is cheaply placed into it. If you notice, it’s just a quick cut-and-paste job. The picture of Wall-E is taken from this poster, which is why he’s blue-tinted on the cover while the background is brown. I mean, I could have done that in Microsoft Paint!

Anyway, I’m glad it’s the CD we’re paying for and not the art. I’m definitely adding this soundtrack to my Pixar collection!

[spoil]Ahhh, the reference to A113! :smiley:[/spoil]

I’m sorry for the “spoiler” but I thought it was implicit that usually a tracklist can be risky to read

I think I’ve discovered somekind of new cover-art for the OST.

It’s…ehm…I think it’s ugly. :smiley:

Source: [url]Amazon.com

Wow…a new soundtrack cover! Eh, it’s okay for me. I think they’re trying to distinguish the score soundtrack with maybe another “kids soundtrack” version that they’ve done with other Pixar films–make the score’s cover more artsy and the kids version more recognizable. I wouldn’t let the soundtrack cover disrupt from the experience from listening to Thomas Newman’s beautiful score. I’m probably going to download the soundtrack on iTunes, anyway.

It looks a bit like 50’s/60’s Pop Art, doesn’t it? I think that’s somekind of reference to this era of movies, too. :wink:

Edit: After looking at the cover for some time, I really start to like it. I even think that this one is better than the former coverart. :wink:

Hmm… Looks a bit odd. :confused: I’m sure I’ll get used to it, though.

me too…

i hoped they would change the cover, but this is worse…

It’s perfect for marketing though! Who would ever be able to walk past those big sad eyes and not buy the album?

But really, I actually like it a lot. Seems very pop artish.

I like WALL•E’s eyes, but I’d rather it on a spacey background, and not all pop-arty…

This isn’t really the issue, but I like the cover because it’s stand-outish and unexpected. A great marketing tool, especially for casual shoppers with impulse buying (unlike us, who plan months in advance)!

~Sarah