Bringing this to attention...

The past few times I’ve tried logging into or out of Pixar Planet, or sometimes when I navigate to another page on the forums, I get the “Internal Error” thing you see when the site is down. Sometimes it won’t let me go back to Pixar Planet until I wait a while and then come back, and even then I’ve been getting that message, but only sporadically.

I thought I would bring this to attention so if there’s something that needs to be fixed in order to keep the site from crashing again, it can be addressed. :slight_smile:

little chef

Hello red,

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention! Although I do not know how to resolve the issue personally, I alerted the moderators to your question at hand so as they may be aware of it and, hopefully, address the error.

Thanks again, red! :slight_smile:

– Mitch

Yeah I got that too a few times last week. Once right when I was in the middle of trying to post something.

Just to let everyone know, Phileas recently informed me that both he and Dash are working on resolving this issue. Hang in there! :wink:

– Mitch

This hasn’t happend to me…

This has also happens to me, especially when I attempt to sign into the blog to post a comment. I’m pretty sure I told Martin about this also.

Yep. Happens to me all the time, mostly when there’s high traffic on the server.

I just got this today: The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@pixarplanet.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Yeah, I just had this thing again just now. It’s pretty frustrating, but I guess we’ll just have to deal with it since it sounds like it’s a problem that can’t be fixed.

Yeah, I have this thing happen to me all the time also! It’s no biggy though, I just refresh a few times and usually everything is all good again. If not, I maybe have to wait like 10-20 minutes before I can come back on, which is also no big deal. But it is a little annoying at times.

It can get to be that long for me also. I wish I had your patience.

I’m currently working on the issue (mainly we’re simply outgrowing our server, we’re getting overloaded all at one particular time, hence, the error messages). I’m really sorry for any inconvenience caused. We’re trying to put some temporary fixes in place until the PP relaunch with the new PP website - we’ll be moving to a new, more powerful server to meet the ever-so-increasing visitor count at Pixar Planet at the same time.

If you get the message, it should go away in 5-10 minutes.

Thanks for your patience guys!

Yippee ki yay, mamacita! Thanks Phileas! :smiley:

Sounds great, Phileas! :smiley:

The same thing happens to me, but only between 6:35 and 7:35… I’m guessing maybe that’s when everyone comes on or something. It always seems to happen during that time frame.

Wow, all of Pixar Planet is going to be REVAMPED? :slight_smile:

I like that idea!