WALL-E clips randomly out of order?!

So I was using the AoA DVD ripper to get some clips off my WALL-E DVD. But you know how when you’re ripping a movie clip, there are two preview screens that tell you where in the movie you’re starting and stopping?
That was when the weird thing happened.

When I moved it to the very end, the last screen showed a shot of the
beginning! :confused:

And when I started it somewhere in the beginning, it went from EVE scanning on Earth and on the other preview screen, just a few seconds difference, it showed a shot of the Captain and Auto! And I know the clips can’t be that close! :confused:

Not to mention one of the clips I ended up with also jumped around! It started with EVE meeting Hal the cockroach to all of a sudden EVE’s in WALL-E’s garage. :confused:

I for one am very baffled, and also a bit worried. What is going on here?

Maybe it is just a bug. Don’t you try to rip the clip anyways? I think it will still work, despite the fact that AoA DVD Ripper is showing you the wrong scene-shot.

Even the ripped clip skipped around. :confused:
Maybe the disc has got a scratch…?
I’ll try again and see if it works.

I think that’s how some of the copy protection works. It jumbles all of the clips.

Oh, I’ve noticed that. :laughing: I think I brought up that problem a while ago … yesh, it shows a whole list for me, and each one is the movie in a different jumbled order. I really don’t care, but it’s downright obnoxious when it comes to finding a certain scene to use for music videos. :frowning:

If you are still experiencing problems, I think I can direct you to a more better DVD ripping program BDD.

It’s not the program TSS; it’s Disney’s new way of preventing theft, which is why they give you the digital copy that you can’t use to put to Youtube, take clips from, etc.

Oh, then that is quite unfortunate. I guess it never occured to them that some of those videos could be tributes. :frowning:

You can still make tributes - it’s just a real pain in the butt. xP

Well, as my avvie currently says, dreams aren’t for rookies- giving up is for rookies. I’ll try anyway.
Thanks for your help, guys.

Try using DVDShrink to rip the DVD (it’s free).

or DVd Decrypter. That will extract the raw files, and then you can put them through autoGK to get them into AVIs

I use a program called “DVD to VCD AVI DivX Converter”

i’m trying to get my walle disk to rip to my ipod…i’d hate to pay $2.50 a month just for some program apple sends out…anybody now if this dvd is actually going to let us do that?

If yes then what program do you guys suggest…i tried DVDtoIpod but it said it couldn’t read the disk…i think its my decoder?

I’ve just downloaded DVDShrink, but it’s not working. It said it was unable to read any of the discs I put in. :confused: Help, ASAP! I’m trying to rip clips from a DVD before I have to return it (it’s rented).

Sorry, Al-Bob, I don’t really know, becuase I’m kinda experiencing a similar situation.

Check to see if there are any smudges or scratches on the DVD, as is what happens with a lot of rentals because people don’t take care of them. If there are any smudges, try rubbing them off with a piece of cloth. Not with a tissue 'cause that will leave fluff on the DVD. Then try again. If that still doesn’t work, download AnyDVD and make sure it’s running before you try to rip using DVDShrink. This may get past the copy protection code, if that is indeed the problem.

Al-Bob, try the above suggestion, too. DVDShrink seems to get past the copy protection on its own, though. Just make sure the program is up-to-date as the Disney copy protection seems to be new.

Thanks for the help. :slight_smile: I’ve wiped it several times with cloth in case there were any smudges. Unfortunately, I think it’s because of the multiple scratches on the disc. Oh, no! There’s no way I could use this DVD now! :frowning: Nooooooo!

BDD: My friend is going to let me borrow WALL•E on DVD tomorrow, 'cuz I’m trying to make a music vid, too. I have a setup planned (with multiple downloadable programs to back me up), and if it works successfully, I’ll let you know how I did it, k?

By the way - what movie are you trying to rip, exactly? And how much longer do you have it??

little chef

If you really want to know (though the movies I use were supposed to be surprise when it’s finished) it’s [spoil]Treasure Planet[/spoil]. How long do I have it now? Oh, about…two hours. Yeah, and I’m freaking out about it because I had big plans with this movie. Big plans (without intending copyright theft in any way- totally fanmade plans FYI).

Awwww. :frowning: That is sooo horrible. I would have totally loved to see it. :slight_smile:

Like I said, I’ll let you know how my endeavour works out - and if you ever get the chance to rent the movie again (preferrably a NON-SCRATCHED one, plz Movie Gallery… haha), I’ll talk ya through it. Trust me - I’ve been frustrated for MONTHS now trying to get mine off the ground. The idea is there, but no vid to work with! (Same situation…sigh)

Hang in there, bright dot-dasher. It’ll be okay. :wink: