Pixar Planet Chatroom - AJAX Beta

I know we’ve been having problems with the Pixar Planet Chatroom, and the cause mainly for it is because of the nature of the chatroom interface - using Flash.

Well, currently in beta and available to the public is a a non-Flash chatroom. You will need a more recent version of your browser for this to work.

chat/ajax/

It shouldn’t drop out any connections. If it does, please let me know.

Ooh, yes… I like it! I’ll keep testing it out… :unamused: :wink:

Nice work, Phileas. Looks great!
I’ll be testing it out during this week’s chat sessions. :slight_smile:

Hey hey hey!

Very nice! I like it a lot Gabe :smiley:

It was wonking out for me tonight.

I’m having a bit of trouble. Sometimes my name will change into someone else’s name, and pretty soon everyone will be appearing as a certain member.

I have that problem, too. As soon as someone enters the chatroom, the chatroom shows the name of that member instead of my name. It’s always the name of the last person who entered.

That’s probably 5 people it’s happened to now… I’ve had it happen to me, too. :frowning:

Thank you for thinking of us iOS users :slight_smile:

We have the new chatroom now? Cool!! Thanks for setting it up, Phileas. :smiley:

EDIT: does anyone want to join with me? :wink:

Oh, so let me get this straight: The AJAX chatroom is still kicking you out guys? I’m sorry about that - it looks like we need a different backend then. As for the usernames, I’m actually in the process of working on it.