Pixar Planet Chat-O-Rama! - Chatroom Session Timings

As I suggested to lizardgirl in the ‘Quiz Nights initiative’ thread, I think we could also set up multiple chat sessions throughout the week where members can gather and talk about all things sundry and inane. :slight_smile: It’s a lot more convenient than ‘Movie Nights’ or ‘Commentaries’ (The endless ‘drop-outs’ we had on Skype!), and a lot faster than sharing your ‘Dear-Diary’ experiences on the ‘Current Mood’ thread.

Plus, you can arrange for a fandom group to gather on one particular time to talk on a certain topic. This allows you to target specific members for conversations, instead of Private-Messaging or bumping threads in the hope that they would log-in to read your entries! So for example, Randall symphatisers are free to discuss about him on chat without perjury or fear of wandering off-topic on the forums, or How to Train Your Dragon fans (like moi) can talk incessantly with like-minded individuals without having to type gramatically-correct posts.

I think it’s better we post some timings, and whoever is free just reply and say they’ll be there at that time. The chatroom feature is woefully underused, IMO, so let’s get things started! :smiley:

Schedule for May 16 - May 22, 2010

Chat session 1: Thursday, 20 May 2010 at 13:00:00 UTC time

Chat session 2: Saturday, 22 May 2010 at 13:00:00 UTC time

Chat session 3: Sunday, 23 May 2010 at 22:00:00 UTC time

Anyone can make these times? Or just post your own, and see if anyone replies! It’s either we set things up, or the chatroom will continue to languish unattended! :slight_smile:

I would love to be there! The first time works best for me, since it would be 9:00 AM my time on a Thursday, and I’m pretty sure nothing’s going on during that time. However, not sure how long I’d be able to stay on seeing as how my parents expect me to be up and running by that time in the morning; running errands and whatnot. shrug We’ll see - I’ll let you know for sure if it’s not going to work, but for now, count me in for that time! :smiley: The time on Sunday definitely won’t work, because evening service @ my church starts at 6:00 PM, which is the time listed there for my time zone.

Umm, what are we going to be talking about? You can get a bunch of people in at the same time, but we might all want to be talking about different things. For me, I know that a deeper discussion of HtTYD is long overdue, TDIT, and I’d love to have a chance to be able to be on at the same time with ya. Come on, who else is with me? I know several people on these boards also really enjoyed HtTYD. :wink:

But I’m open to suggestions, too. However that topic of discussion would be my first choice.

little chef

Great idea, but neither time works for me.
The Sunday time would be barely OK on the 30th, though.

Saturday June 5th / Sunday June 6th at 13:00 UTC would be perfect for me.

Great to see you’ve set all this up, thedriveintheatre. I’ll most likely be attending the first time you’ve posted. I don’t really mind what we talk about, to be honest, though How To Train Your Dragon is a hot topic at the moment. Either way, I’ll be there!

The first time won’t work for me, but the second one will probably be OK. I’ll attend if I can!

Yeah, I can’t make the first time, but I’ll definitely make the second one! It seems I log onto the chatroom and then no one ever joins me. It’s kinda upsetting. :`-(

This is a really great idea. I tried to enter the chat room as often as possibe, and I love when others join me (though it doesn’t happen often). The chat room is such a great resource for all of us Pixar fans and we need to take more advantage of it!

If I also connected to the chat I was nobody and no nose Session 1 would suit me very well to me. :slight_smile:

Dang it, I was just reminded about half an hour ago that I have plans tomorrow morning, at that very same time. :frowning:

So unfortunately, I’m not going to make the first session. :angry:

Again, the Sunday date won’t work, either, so I’ll have to wait until another time. Sorry, guys! :frowning:

little chef

Hey what time will it be in Australia for this because this is so awsome!!! :mrgreen:
I (think) I know everything about pixar!!
I just hope it’s not past like 12:00AM!.
Plus it can’t be during 8:30AM to 3:00PM :cry: Hopefully I can make it! :smiley:

You know what time will the first meeting in Spain? :frowning:

Very good idea! I’ll try to make it today, i think i can!

Argh… I FAIL. I was online for the first meeting (11 pm Sydney time) but I was on Facebook! :angry:

Oh well, did anyone turn up? How did it go? Oh, and I’m so glad with the positive responses to this idea. Hopefully we can all make this work! :smiley:

Did you mean this time, totoro? I’ve added it to the list.

little chef: Haha, yeah, I was thinking about our prior discussion about HTTYD, and it was one of the reasons why I decided to come up with this idea so like-minded people can meet at prearranged times instead of impromptu moments.

I think I’ll write a schedule post at the beginning of every week (on Sunday), or if I’m not present on Sunday, anyone can just set up a ‘Schedule For The Week’. That way, everyone can check out one post instead of multiple posts all over the place which would make it difficult to keep track of. Of course, this is not a hard-and-fast-rule, and you’re welcome to post a meeting time whenever you feel like it (but hopefully much in advance).

And don’t worry if you can’t show up. The purpose of this thread is merely to provide a system of telling the general forum when you’re organising a meet, so anyone can jump in (though it would be best if you announced your attendance beforehand). This is much better and more ‘public’ than Private Messaging. :slight_smile:

I’m disappointed I couldn’t make it today, but i can probably make it to one of the other two times.

That time would probably work, assuming I’m not too busy.

The Sunday time I can meet; however, 6 AM is a bit too early for me on the West Coast and all. I’ll see if I can make it on Sunday, though.

Saturday’s meeting went well, quite a number of members showed up! We talked lotsa things… HTTYD and the members who still haven’t seen it… ‘The Studio That Must Not Be Named’ movies… comparing Rio to Alpha and Omega… someone’s upcoming fanfic… Cats and Dogs 2 vs Marmaduke (both lost)… Megamind… Inception… Toy Story 3, Shrek 4 and Jeffrey ‘Katsuckberg’.

Hopefully tomorrow’s session will be just as exciting! I won’t be able to attent the next one because I’ve got school an hour after the start time, but you guys go ahead and see what you’ll come up with!

I’ll post next week’s schedule soon… try to space 'em throughout the week to give more opportunities for different members. :slight_smile: And don’t hesitate to either inform me or add your own timings… think of it as a tea party… only without the tea or party! :slight_smile:

I had a great time today! I really hope I can come again tomorrow.

sounds like fun :slight_smile: I’ll try and make it to the one tomorrow!

I had tons o’ fun today! I will most definitely be there tomorrow!