Ballboi's Cars One-Shots

Well, I said that I was going to start some of these soon and I’m proud to announce that the first one-shot is complete! If you have a specific scene from either Cars film you would like to see, please let me know.

The first one shot starts off with Lightning and Sally at a restaurant to celebrate Lightning’s fourth Piston Cup. Lightning was glad that his friend Mater wasn’t there to interrupt them on their date. Mater was back at Radiator Springs where the rest of his friends were. A waitress car drove Lightning and Sally over to their table.

“Thanks mam.” Lightning said to the waitress.

“No problem. I’ll be back in a few minutes to take your order.”

Lightning started at the beautiful sunset. He was thinking of something to say to Sally.

“Hey Sal?”

Sally looked over at Lightning “Yes stickers?”

“It just sounds peaceful here without Mater bothering us. I mean, he has always interrupted us whenever we were on a date.”

Sally laughed. “Well, he only wants to hang out with us.”

Lightning sighed. He didn’t want to make fun of his best friend behind his back.

“I don’t know Sally. It’s just that he isn’t the best car to take with us if you know what I mean.”

“ I think you might be a little too harsh on Mater. You know how he acts don’t you?”

“That’s exactly what I’m trying to say! Mater always has to embarrass me wherever we go!”

“Aren’t you being a little too rough on him?”

“I guess so. Besides, were celebrating my victory aren’t we?”

Sally remembered. She was glad that the topic of Mater had ended. The thought of Lightning talking about Mater behind his back made it feel a bit strange to her. She didn’t know why but it did. If Mater had found out about Lightning saying things behind his back, he would have been upset.

“Hey, is that Lightning McQueen?!” a random car called out.

Lightning turned to see who it was to see it was. It was Strip Weathers paying him a visit. How he found Lightning McQueen maybe a mystery. It could have been either a coincidence or something. Who knew.

“Hey, Strip!” McQueen smiled. “I would like you to meet my girlfriend Sally Carrera.”

The King went over to Sally to greet her.

“Hi there!” Sally said.

“Why, it’s a pleasure to meet you mam.”

The King went back to Lightning. He was eager to ask McQueen about his four Piston Cup wins.

“So McQueen, how did you feel after winning your fourth Piston Cup?”

McQueen didn’t know what to say.

“I felt great after winning that Piston Cup. The fact that I got to beat Chick a few times, just felt good. You remember what he did to you?”

The King flashed back to his last race from five years ago. He remembered being pushed off the track by Chick since he was always tired of losing to him. Ever since then, he always wanted to come out of retirement and race again. He hasn’t been satisfied with his decision for a long time. It would of prevented him from being reinjured after that horrific crash he suffered.

Lightning wasn’t sure whether or not The King was still listening to him or not.

“Hello?”

“Oh yes. I’m sorry about that McQueen. It’s just that I’ve always wanted to come out of retirement and race again. The problem is that some of the injuries I’ve sustained in that crash is preventing me from racing again.”

Lightning wished he could help The King out but there wasn’t anything he could do. He decided to give him some advice.

“Listen. I think you should do what’s best and just stay in retirement. You don’t want to go through what happened with Doc. Do you?”

The King sighed. “Well, I suppose so. Listen, I got to go. Talk to you later.”

Lightning felt a tear rub down on his headlight. He felt sorry for what happened to the poor car. The King did what was right for him and that was to retire. Sally came over to see what was wrong with her boyfriend.

“Is everything alright Stickers?”

Lightning sniffled. “I guess so.”

Lightning and Sally went back to the table to finish eating their dinner. Then, Lightning wanted to ask Sally a question.

“Sally, I know we’ve been going out for five years now but I think it‘s the appropriate time to ask this.”

“I think I might know where this is going.”

“Sally, will you marry me?

“Yes, I will Stickers!”

They were both feeling happy about their decision of getting married as they drove back to Radiator Springs to tell everyone the news.

Great job! I really enjoyed it. I think this is an improvement over your fan-fic.

Thanks! Yeah, I didn’t think my first fan-fic was all that good. Although it wasn’t too bad for a first try. Like they always say, practice makes perfect.

Hey, great stuff, Ballboi! :smiley: I agree it’s definitely an improvement over your other fanfic. What I really like is how you showed Lightning’s thoughts and concerns on things… like the problems with Mater, and how he feels bad for The King. One thing though… I think the proposal at the end was kinda lacking in the tension that would precede that kind of thing, and then the excitement that would ensue afterward. I don’t know, I just think there should have been a little more spice in there. :wink: But yeah, overall I really liked it! :smiley: :sunglasses:

Thanks Snipe! I agree, I didn’t think that the proposal at the end wasn’t that great. Like, I just thought it was kind of short. Maybe I could of added a bit to it to spice it up. Anyway, the next one-shot should be up in a few days.

I’ll be looking forward to it! :smiley:

I am excited for it.

Just wasnted to get you guys’ advice on something. How should I do my next one-shot? It’ll probably be pretty lengthy with Mater/Finn/Holley during the spy scenes in Cars 2. I was thinking of either dividing the one-shot into two parts or just do one long one.

I would say do one long one.

I liked it! I agree with Snipe about the proposal being rushed and lacking in some aspects but I still enjoyed it! :slight_smile: I say one long one also.

Thanks! I wasn’t sure how to handle the proposal at the end so I just went with what I had. Alright, long version it is.

Yup yup, I vote for the long version as well. :-D)

Thanks guys! :smiley: Longer version it’ll be! I’m going to get started on it right now. This one will be about the events after Mater finds out about Axlerod and just before he gets knighted.

I’ll read it when it’s up.

Great job! I wasn’t expecting to see The King (although I secretly love his character) and I liked the ending too. We all know that marriage was right around the corner for those two. :wink: Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

Thanks! I wanted to throw The King in there as a little surprise. He was one of those characters that I liked in the original Cars.

The King is awesome. I still love how they got Richard Petty to do his voice. :-D)

I agree. The King was a great character in the first Cars. My favorite bit with him was when he called Lightning stupid after the first race.

That’s a great scene. ^^^

I agree! King sure told him! :wink: I must say…I have always had a thing for Bob Cutlass and Kori Turbowitz as well. For some reason I think they would make a great couple. :stuck_out_tongue: 8D