Monsters Inc. New Years Special

Ok, not New Years yet, but the story would be too long to post in one day. :slight_smile:

But anyways, this special was made a long while back and turned out to be rather hilarious. Of course, Randall would have had my head back then for posting it here :laughing: But thankfully these days it doesn’t seem to bother him so much.
This is just a funny story for the sake of being funny. And heck, if M.I. had a series (winks) this might be an hour-long special.
And yeah, don’t worry, Ran, Sullivan, Wazowski, and Celia are all in it, Celia even more so 0_0

But anyways, over the next few days, chapters will be posted right up till new years to spread over the humor and enjoyment. Though hopefully we’ll get reviewers
ahem.
Anyways, here’s chapter one!

Chapter 1 New Years Eve

Randall yawned, raising his upper hands to rub the sleep out of his eyes. He aimed to get plenty of sleep last night, as the next two days were important turning points. He got up from his bed, coming around to the door in front of it, and heading into the living room. Well, ok, it wasn't really a living room as this was an apartment, but Randall still considered it. He passed he couch on the right side, aimed to take the Top Scarer when he wanted to just fall on something, the wood desk with his computer, which was surprisingly less-used than he wanted it to be....

“Maybe I’ll get a PC game or something when my pay gets up
join the “I have no life” group
” Randall mused when he looked over at it. He paused at the closed and blinded window to the side, he never did like anybody peeking in on him, despite being a floor or so up from ground level. What can you say? He liked privacy. Past that, he entered his kitchen, which was surprisingly large, having a fixed-in table in the center and cabinets galore. Randall actually didn’t have a need for such a large kitchen, heck, he was content enough to have a fridge and his coffee machine. Said-fridge was what he was aiming for, opening up the white storage device and peeking at the contents. A half-filled jug of some white sludge, a bag of something that looked like turkey, a quick sniff inside and Randall judged it should be thrown out, and some Chinese-looking container. Randall rose a brow. When did he go to a place like that?
Growling slightly, he closed the fridge, reaching over to a cupboard to the side and getting out Roasts Coffee Beans. In a short couple of minutes, Randall was swirling a half-consumed cup of coffee in a green mug with “mugshot” written in bold letters on the front. No, he didn’t get it for the comic appeal, if any, he got it because he wanted a mug. Leaning back against the kitchen’s center table, arms folded, Randall went over his agenda. He gave a look at a clock fixed into a wood stand that was lying on the counter. Randall made a mental note to have one in each room so he knew what time it was.

“Great early wake up
guess I pick something up or yeah
” he thought, taking a drink. He reminded himself of today. “Ugh
well
I’ve dealt with it
guess I have no need to be
”. Downing the rest of his drink, he figured to get started. Placing the mug on the counter, he started into the living room, nearly triping over a magazine that had conveniently fell, and grabbing his gray coat from a six-set hanging beside the door, and gripping the handle. “Oh crud
” he mouthed, looking around the room. “Where’d I put the key
”. Raising a non-existent brow, he checked the coat, sure enough his room key was there.

“I’m just set today” he chuckled, starting out.

“I’m tellin ya Sul
I’m feeling it
after this year
it’s OUR year
”

“Uh huh
”

“I’m serious! That’s our resolution Sul
come next year we’ll beat that Scare Record!”

Sulley rolled his eyes, adjusting his light blue coat with a white collar. He had fur of course, but he didn’t want any surprise drop in temperature to lead him to missing the next two days. Mike was beside him, a scarf wrapped around him
though it fell if he lowered his arms too much, hence the exaggerated expressions with them when he talked. Both were heading down the sidewalk to work, early of course.

“Well Mike
I’m making a resolution to do the best I can
I mean it’s the scream not the numbers right?”

Mike paused, as if he was thinking on it. “
Yes
but
uhh
more numbers means
more scream!” he jumped, sticking a finger to the air. “That’s right! So we get high numbers
more scream
vice vesa
and there ya go!” he said triumphantly, closing his eye to savor the moment. Said-moment later, Mike opened his eye to see Sulley several feet ahead of him. “Hey! Come back!” he said, running to catch up. A silent moment passed, till Sulley waved to some kids rollar skating across the street.

“What about you Mike? What’s your resolution?”

The cyclops pondered this question
literally, he looked like Sherlock Eyeball. “Hmm
ah! For you to do the best you can Sul!” Mike said.

Sulley was surprised, looking with better admiration at his friend. “Really Mike? Well
th
”

“And see the look on Lizard Boy’s face when we get ahead of him!” Mike added. The admiration quickly fell into a bottomless pit.

“Mike
” Sulley groaned, the crossing light turning green, and they continued walking.

“He always looks so smug! Rubbing Top Scarer in everyone’s faces
I tell ya
knock’em down some pegs
”

“He doesn’t do that Mike
”

“That’s because your in the door and I’m on the floor
” Mike retorted
thinking if he made a mistake with that end bit
but thought “nah”. He placed his hands together, rubbing them. “Now how to do that
”

“Googlybear!”

“Schmoopsie-poo!”

Sulley once again experienced “being in between two people who say weird things to each other” phase of the morning, where he had to wait for Mike to finish chatting with Celia. But he didn’t mind too much, it was early.

“Sooo
how have you been?” Mike asked, flexing his
brow.

Celia clasped her tentacles together. “Oh just working for the New Year” she said.

Mike then noticed a stack of cards, and spied his name on one. “Oh
that for me?” he asked, reaching for it. Celia quickly pulled them out of reach.

“Oh no no no
NOT till tomorrow Micheal” she said, wagging her spare tentacle at him.

“Awww
come on
”

Celia knew how to handle her man though. She reached over and whispered to him. “Oh don’t worry
you’ll get that
and much more tomorrow” she winked, making Mike choke on his own chuckled. Then Celia turned more professional. “You did make reservations right?”

“Uhh
uhh
” Mike stuttered. “Of
course I did
” he said through clenched teeth.

“Wonderful! Oh
” she started, as if lost in a dream. “It’ll be a day to remember”

“Yes
it
will
” Mike turned, a dreaded expression on his face, he turned back with a big, abliet fake, smile. “WELL
” he shouted, enough to make some nearby workers look at him. “
uhh
work to do! Lota work! Come on Sul!” Mike hustled, grabbing Sulley’s arm and dragging him a bit till he let go and started for the floor.

“OH! Sulley! By the way here
”

Sulley turned, Celia was holding out a gold leaf paper. He took it in his huge hand, looking it over. “What’s this?” he asked.

“Those are the New Years events this year
some of them are going to be today so if you want to participate you can be prepared” she smiled. Sulley looked over the list. It included some of the games for tomorrow and where they would be set up. Ones ranging from “Guess the Month”, where one had to guess what month an event took place, the “Box Game”, which is opening a gift wrapped in many layers while wearing mitts, and charades from the past year. Then there was drawings, some of which took place today and continued tomorrow. This included prize gifts, ranging from actual gifts to cards and coupons. Also included the “Baby New Year” drawing. Sulley wondered what that was. Then there was the times for the party and the fireworks display.

“Wow allot
” Sulley mouthed.

“Oh right
this is your guys’ first New Years here isn’t it?” Celia asked.

Sulley nodded. “Oh yeah
I guess it is” he said, smiling his unsure smile.

Celia smirked. “Well it’ll be fun
they set up games around the building
have the fireworks out in the lot, and a big party here in the lobby and auditorium
it’s fun and all day too”.

Sulley looked over the list. “Wow
there’s allot
what’s this Baby New Year drawing?”

“Oh that
” Celia said, chuckling. “Well the odds of someone in the factory having a baby are very slim
so they kind of “elect” someone to be the New Years Baby
”

“They do?”

Celia nodded. “Yep
they draw a name at random and whomever it is gets to be it
”. She laughed a little more now. “It’s a bit funny really since they wear the BNY attire”

“Who would do that?” Sulley asked, smiling.

“Well whomever gets picked and does it also receives a few courtesy gifts
”. She breathed from the laugh. “I remember last year Harley was drawn last year
he looked so funny walking with a diaper on and that sash under and over him” she laughed.

Sulley took a moment to remember who Harley was, then remembered it was the orange monster that looked like a mouth with two legs. Then he pictured the sight. “Would look funny I guess” he chuckled, looking the paper over. “
What are the prizes?”

“Oh
well I remember Harley got a new T.V
uhh” she started, tapping her pen on a card she was starting. “
what else
tickets to one of the premiere Staccto games
box seats
uhh
a reservation coupon for Chimes
Oh and you also get this little trophy for playing the part” she said with a smile.
Sulley nodded with a smile at each one, then the coupon flashed in his mind again. “Oh
well
uhh thanks Celia
” he said, looking at the paper. “Maybe I’ll give it a try
”.

Celia chuckled. “That would be a sight Sulley
Unsure if they make diapers in your size and if the sash is big enough
”

“Just kidding” Sulley smiled, starting off, Celia leaving her laugh in his head.

Sulley immediately went straight for his station where Mike was, everyone else talking about the new year with each other. Mike was in front of their station’s desk, banging his head against the side, lightly. He was thinking of telling Mike about the possibility of getting a reservation, but given that it would be hard, he had to go in general.

“Uhh
Mike?”

'I didn’t make reservations
" Mike mumbled, still knocking his head.

Sulley half-smiled. “You may not have to
”

“What?” Mike asked, turning with a slight bruise on his forehead. “What do you mean?”

“Well
” Sulley started, looking at the list, then down. “I heard that some of the prizes for the New Years party tomorrow are restaurant coupons
and for fancy places like Chimes so I figure maybe
”. Sulley looked back at the list
but it was gone, having magically appeared in Mike’s hands
that or Mike swiped it when he was talking.

“Look at all this
” he said behind the piece of paper. Sulley relayed to Mike what Celia told him. He heard Mike chuckle behind the paper. When he lowered it, Mike had a grin as wide as his face. “This is perfect!”. Sulley had to smile, having helped a friend always mad him feel good.

“Well I got to get some things from my locker so
”

“Sure sure
” Mike waved him off, still smiling. Once Sulley was out of walking distant did Mike start the “talking to self” phase of the morning. “Ho ho! I get to give Celia a good time after all AND knock Mr. Top Scarer down a few pegs too!”. He half-collapsed on the table. “Ahh
someone up there likes me
” he murmured.

A quick croissant later, Randall had an affinity for them, he found himself at the door to work, Monsters Inc. Pushing through the gold-plated door, the familiar lobby asserted itself. The first thing Randall noticed, aside from the welcomes, was that strapped to the ceiling of the Lobby, blocking the map, was a gallery of different colored balloons and thick streamers. Along with that, when the balloons and streamers were dropped, boxes fixed into a board with them would open, spewing confetti down from the ceiling. Randall smirked at it, after all
he helped make it.

He strode toward the reception desk, seeing some employees taking pictures of each other, and talking about resolutions. Celia was there, as always. But other than calls, about eighty percent of her job, she was writing on something
the other twenty percent of her job. Randall chuckled in his mouth, making his way slower, making no sound. He was right near her, and could see she was writing on a green card. “Card duty huh?” he said. Celia acted as if she didn’t hear him. Randall was a bit belittled.

“Uh
Celia
HALLO?”.

Celia’s reaction would be what a scarer would do, perk up and nearly shriek, though Randall just stood his ground. “OH!..” she started, then a little agitated. “Randall do you mind?”

“I might if I knew what it was” he chuckled.

Celia rolled her eyes, her snakey hair attracted to the balloons on the ceiling, as if dreading them coming down. “I’ve got a ton of cards to do
for family and friends
at least for the moment
”

“Oh really?” Randall asked, raising a brow. Then he arched his body, placing his upper hands in a tent fashion and starring at Celia with a fake devinar expression. “One for me in there?” he asked.
Celia looked like she was holding a laugh. “Depends
”

“Depends on what?”. As he was saying that, Celia had leaned behind the desk, then came up with a large box, placing it to the side. It was plain brown and had a white strip with “Floor F” on it.
“Depends if you would take this to Floor F with a smile on your face
” she said.

Randall backed up, eying the box. “What the heck is this?” he said, pointing like a hitchhiker.

Celia got up and placed her tentacles on her hips. “Don’t tell me Monsters Inc.'s Top Scarer doesn’t know what tomorrow is
”. Randall blinked only, making Celia sit down again, idly continuing the card. “They’re the hats and clackers for the floor
”

Randall folded both arms, flicking his tail. “Sorry to say Celia
but your attempt to turn the rest of the scarers into two year old kids won’t work
they already act like that age
”

Celia chuckled, looking at him. “And what about you Randall? You act younger than that
”

“I take that as a compliment
”

Celia continued writing. “Come on
have some fun this year
I remember last year you were still working through the party
”

Randall shrugged. “I wasn’t at the top then
now I am
”

Celia looked back. “And now that you are
WILL you enjoy yourself?”

Randall looked up. “I
suppose
”. He looked at the box. “But I’m not wearing one of those dunce caps
and I hate those clackers
they’re just annoying” he complained, rubbing the area between his eyes.

“It’s tradition”

“It’s stupid is what it is” Randall quickly retorted.

Celia lifted her pen, as if she finished the card, then relaxed her tentacles on the rest. “Well look Randall
I’ll make you a deal
you take that box with you the the Floor and maybe I’ll make a card for you” she said, smiling.

Randall rolled his eyes. “Fine fine
” he said, grabbing the box with his lower arms, it was quite light actually. “In the spirit of the New Year I shall deliver this box of childish glee to the little kids
” he added, pointing at Celia with his upper hands.

Celia laughed. “You do know that Floor F is written on there? That includes you Randall
”

Randall blinked again. “I knew that”. He realized Celia was looking at him with that “the female won” face. So he quickly tried to figure out a retort. Heaving the box a little, he started slowly in the direction to Floor F. “Well Celia
if I’m ever seen with one of these stupid caps and a diaper like a two year old you can have a field day
” he said, walking off, not knowing he would later regret that.

Celia watched Randall leave, laughing inside at the image he described. Then she turned her attention to the stack of cards in front of her, the ones on the right were finished. There was a decorated one for her googlybear, one for Sulley, one for Mr. Waternoose, a couple for some female employees she had gotten to know. The ones on the left she was aiming to get done. Though all of them had their own designs, and she had written the name for who she would send them to beforehand, last night, so she knew which was which. She picked up one that had a star in the corner with streamer designs around, and opened it up, looking at the name at the bottom. Randall. Celia chuckled. She had already planned to write him one.

Chapter 2 Mr. Baby New Year

Randall re-checked his paperwork again, even though he was sure he did it yesterday. But he did it from time to time when he didn't want to hear Fungus, who was spewing New Years jives from his mouth. Once the boring task of an unneeded check was passed, he decided to at least hear a little of what his assistant was saying from across his station's desk.

“
and when I was asked to help set up the dart game I just had to say yes
I mean after all gotta do our part for this
I mean last year whoo was that fun! I mean you remember right?” he paused, hands directed at Randall, though his face was turned and foreward, like a train that paused for an “ok”. Randall was twiddling a pen at the time. “I mean yeah!” Fungus continued, Randall shaking his head and holding it with a hand. “After all a Monsters Inc. New Years Celebration is the best! Of course I’m also helping to set up the lights and the fireworks display which is kinda hard to do since
”

When Sulley poked his head out from his station did it give Randall an open window to start a conversation. He leaned out from his, attention to Sulley. “What?” he questioned. Sulley rose a brow, he didn’t start anything. Then Randall’s thoughts gave birth to a starter. “Oh yeah
” he began, pointing the dark blue pen in Sulley’s direction. “This is your first New Years party here isn’t it?”

Sulley nodded. “Yeah
Celia told us what was going on and
” he started, looking down with a smile. “I’m surprised how they’re going all and out
”

Randall eyed that Fungus had switched his annoying voice to a new victim, Waxford. “Well
” Randall began again, turning his attention back to Sulley. “As far as I’m concerned
years are all the same
”

Sulley shrugged. “I guess it’s what you do in them that’s the reason we celebrate
”

Randall murmured a chuckle, getting to his feet and coming around his table, leaning against it. “I remember my first NY party here
they didn’t change much
tradition really
”. Randall looked past Sulley, seeing Jerry come on the floor, a basket in his hands, and he was talking to Roz. “
I guess that’s just the way they do it
”

“I think’ll be fun nonetheless
”

Randall shrugged this time. “Oh yeah fun
that
everyone acting like floppies with their heads cut off
”

“That’s
a weird way of putting it” Sulley said.

Randall blinked. “Ok a little unpleasant
but the meaning’s there
”

“So you participating in anything?” Sulley asked.

Randall shifted his position a little, then scratched his chin. “I guess
I’m already ahead in the numbers enough to lose a day why not
”. Despite it being part-sarcastic, Sulley decided to take it as just a comment, and smiled. “Besides
if I’m not here and everyone gets a hangover from spiked punch
there’d be no one to call medics
” he scuffed with a chuckled. Then he rose a brow and looked up. “Then again I suppose then they’ll be no one trying to beat my score
”

Sulley had to laugh at that.

“What’s this?” Roz groaned. Jerry set the basket down on his right, it was filled with strips of paper with names on it.

“For the Baby New Year drawing” Jerry said with a little laugh.

“Oh yes
” she groaned, again, looking down through her glasses at something she was writing on. “Don’t expect me to enter that
”

Jerry’s eyes went wide. “Uhh
no
”

Then Roz looked at him with daggers
albeit maybe limp ones. “Hmm?”

“Nothing nothing” Jerry quickly defended, raising his fourteen fingers. He coughed, composing himself. “Just wanted to make sure who was in right now so I don’t miss anyone who wanted to participate
”. While Jerry was speaking to Roz, the basket beside him was abducted by a green frog-like hand, disappearing behind the corner. Rustling of paper later, it returned.

“Ok so everyone but Ricky and Anderson
alright
guess I can get everyone else
thanks Roz” Jerry said, picking up the basket and heading into the floor. On the other side of the corner, Mike Wazowski chuckled like a mad scientist.

“Muhahahaha!” he laughed.

“Where’s your paperwork Wazowski?” Roz’s ghost-like voice vapored. Mike grew wide-eyed, taking off for the locker room.

“What’s this Jer?” Sulley asked when Jerry got to them with the basket. Jerry set it on Sulley’s desk, seeing Randall leaning against his own.

“It’s for the Baby New Year drawing
” he started, smiling, ready to explain, something he was known for.

“It’s
”

“It’s when some poor soul out of a bunch of fools is suited up like a tot” Randall’s voice echoed, getting both of their attention “And struts their padded backside during New Years heh heh” Randall chuckled, almost to the point of loosing his breath.

“
Don’t worry Jerry
Celia told me
” Sulley said, taking a spare piece of paper and ripping off, writing his name.

Randall eyed it. “YOUR gonna enter it?”

Sulley continued writing, putting it in the basket. “Why not? I mean it’s just one day
and there’s something I want to give Mike too if I win it
”

Randall spoke, but when he did it was a bunch of word-laugh hybrids. “Yo
YOU? Oh
it would MAKE MY NEW YEAR to see something THAT hilarious ha!”

“Then how about you Randall?”. Randall stopped laughing and looked directly ahead to see Jerry dangling the basket in front of him.

“Uhh
umm
well
”. At around this time, Mike came back on the floor, hands behind his back, and walking like he was about to go into Russian leg dance.

“Oh hey Jerry
what’s that?” he asked, smile on his face.

“The drawing for Baby New Year
”

“Oh REALLY?” he asked again, drawing another smile. “Oh hey
YOU going to enter?” he asked Randall.

“Uhh
” was Randall’s blank response.

“Oh? Not? Well guess there are some things you shouldn’t win” Mike smiled, even more so because that was actually a good taunt.

Randall puffed, looking at the basket, there was quite a couple entries. “Well
fine
” he said, swiftly grabbing paper and pen, ripping a piece, and writing his name simultaneously. “See
THERE
” he puffed again, putting the slip in
well
more like shoving it to the bottom of the basket. Once the act was done, he leaned back and pouted.

“There we go
” Jerry chuckled, starting down the floor again.

“YOU better have entered it too!” Randall shouted back, though more pouty than angry.

Sulley had to smile at the entire thing. “I can’t imagine Randall doing that” he chuckled.

Mike had to do the same. “Well imagining one thing
”

“Ok
and for the two hundred dollar gift card to Stop And Shop
Luckey!” Jerry announced. Everyone
or at least everyone who entered for the drawings
were in the lunch room. Jerry had set up a table with each container for each drawing and was going down the row. Sulley and Mike were seated near, shouting congrats to the winners. Randall was slightly isolated at the table neighboring it, eating some kind of sandwich, half gone. He had to admit to himself, every time Jerry’s voice was about to announce a winner, everyone swallowed and looked at him with anticipation. Then when they didn’t win, brush it off with annoyance. When they did win, they looked like they’ve won Miss Monstropolis.

“Includes the guys too” Randall chuckled. Luckey received his prize, though it took Jerry a moment or two to figure out where his hands were, then continued with the rest of the drawings. Randall pretty much didn’t care who won, but listened anyway till it became repetitive.

“And
Betty wins the furniture set!”.

“Ho ho Betty!” Sulley shouted, watching the light blue female scare assistant cheer with her fellow girl friends and run up to claim her prize.

“Yep
Miss Monstropols” Randall chuckled, taking another bite.

“Congratulations Betty
” Jerry said when she headed back, jumping for joy. “Alright last one
but remember that tomorrow is the party and you can still win prizes at the games but it’s all for fun
”. “And this years Baby New Year is
” Jerry said, rustling through the basket. He picked one up and glanced at it. He was unsure whether to laugh or feel regretful. He chose the former. “Heh heh
Randall Boggs everybody
”

Randall’s teeth found themselves lodged into the bread of the sandwich he was eating. “Whaf?” he questioned out of the corner of his mouth. Fungus, who was beside him, albeit allot, leaned over.

“Your the
the
” he laughed.

“Well come up Randall
” Jerry said in the microphone, chuckling. Actually everyone in the cafeteria was having some form of joyous look on their face and something in their mouth. Though to balance it out, some were distracted by the loud obnoxious laugh-fest from one Mike Wazowski. Sulley was smiling, but was showing that he was trying to hold it. Celia, who had been sitting with Betty, was smiling too, but she meant it.

“No
no
” Randall started, coughing out the sandwich bits. “Whaaaaa
” he whispered to himself. In a flash, he slithered up beside Jer, grabbing the slip of paper. “No no no no no
it
”. He starred at it, and his name “Randall Boggs” stared back. His jaw felt like it was going to drop.

“Congratulations Randall” Jerry chuckled, a few claps going on.

“Whoa whoa!”. Randall grabbed Jer around the neck, the microphone hissing, and lowered him. “No no this isn’t right
”

“Come on Randall
” Jerry said, trying to hold a laugh. “I mean it’s tradition
an honor
”

“It’s NOT an honor!” Randall shouted, realizing his voice trailed off past the table.

“Well either way be a good sport and just do it
”

“NO
I WON’T
”. Randall realized the laughs went down considerably.

“Well
who are our winning drawers this year?”. Randall swore his face went white. If you Jerry at the moment, you would’ve see Randall’s face LITERALLY turn white. Both Scarer and Floor Manager leaned up to see CEO Henry Waternoose right near them.

“Hey boss” Jerry waved.

“Doing well there Jerry
oh what’s this?” Waternoose asked, grabbing the slip from Jerry. “Ahh
you won Mr. Boggs
congratulations
which drawing was it Jer?”

“The
”. At this moment Randall wished the nerve to jut a hand right to Jerry’s mouth. “
Baby New Year one Mr. Waternoose
”

“Ahh
wonderful
” Waternoose said, Randall’s back still to him. “How exciting for you” he said, patting Randall on the back and, despite having four legs, nearly making the lizard monster fall. “A Top Scarer nonetheless! I look forward to you keeping the tradition Randall” he said, turning Randall to face the cafeteria filled with employees.

“And congratulations to the rest who won and hope you all enjoy the festivities tomorrow
” Waternoose announced, spreading his arms like a commentator. Randall just stood pale beside him while Jerry was nodding to everything the boss was saying. Randall swore “between a rock and a hard place”, or some variation of that, was drifting between his thoughts at that moment. Once Waternoose finished his announcement, he gave Randall another pat on the back, a little harder. “Well then Jerry
tell Mr. Boggs what his “duties” are
and see he receives his prizes tomorrow”.

“Will do Mr. Waternoose” Jerry replied, half-saluting. Waternoosses nodded, passing by them to Sullivan’s table, Randall still a ghost, pale and shocked.

“Uhh
Randall
Randall
” Jerry said, poking the Top Scarer.

Sulley was as surprised as everyone else. Someone like RANDALL winning THAT. It was like the thought of a politician throwing piles of money to the working man then dancing the can-can. Even Sulley considered bringing a camera tomorrow, but not to embarass Randall later, morely because it was something that would never happen again. Mike had nearly died laughing from it all. He was breathing to just breathe again when Waternoose came over.

“Ah James
good to see you
”

“You too Mr. Waternoose” Sulley said, nodding.

“I hope you enjoy your first New Years with the company
”

“Oh I’m sure I will
allot for everyone”

“Yes indeed” Waternoose laughed, looking back at the paled lizard monster, but morely the baskets. “Oh you win James?”

Sulley shook his head. “No no Mr. Waternoose
but I’m glad someone else does
even Randall” he said with a smile.

Chapter 3 Diapers and Duties

Randall was still pale when he got back to his station. Fungus and Jerry actually had to help guide him back before his mind came back. Which occurred right in the middle of the Scare Floor.
“I can’t believe it!” he yelled, nearly throwing Fungus and Jerry from his sides.

“Whoa
” Fungus said, ducking to miss a shoulder.

“UGH!..You cheated me didn’t you?” Randall turned on Jer.

“It was completely legit Randall
you won
you should be feeling good
”

“Oh
CERTAINLY
” Randall growled, going to his station, both following. “Ugh
what DO I have to do anyway!?”. Jerry looked at Fungus, then handed Randall a small envelope. Randall literally tore it open when it found it’s way to his hand. Randall scanned it firmly.

[i]Dear Winner,
	You have been chosen to be Monsters Inc.'s Baby New Year! The tradition which celebrates the new opportunity and discovery of the New Year! Consider it an honor as you embody all that this New Year will bring us! So ring in the New Year with a smile on your face and show those around you that good times are ahead and you, among others, will bring them!
							Signed,
								Mr. Waternoose.[/i]

Randall growled. “EMBODY ALL THIS NEW YEAR WILL BRING US!?” he whispered loudly.
“Ugh
putting it on with airs
” he said, slapping his forehead with the envelope, then realized more was in it.

“Well he’s right Randall
tradition and everything and besides you still win that
” Fungus started before Jer cut in.

“Don’t have to be so crabby
others HAVE done it
I mean Harley did it last year and we didn’t mention it since
”

Randall ignored them, looking over the list of “duties”. Randall looked at the first sentence with disgust. “I have to wear a sash
and a diaper?” he coughed.

“Well IS what the NYB wears
” Jerry said. “Seen the sash this year
red
gold
looks great
”

“The sash I don’t mind
” Randall growled, as if he was speaking to an idiot
happens more often here and there. Randall sighed, pinching his forehead. “Of course Waternoose had to show up at the drawing
I don’t do it and I lose grace with the higher ups
ugh
and what a way to get it
”. Randall came back to reality, seeing Jerry looking him over. “
WHAT
are you doing?”

“Wondering what size you are
”

“EXCUSE ME!?” Randall bellowed.

“Less you wanted to get it yourself” Jerry shrugged still with a smile on his face. “Then again Celia has the sash so I guess you should speak to her on that end
and do mean end
” Jerry said, laughing it still. Randall murmured something, he pushed “attire” to the side for the moment, looking over the “other duties”.

1. Participate in at least 3 Games (no need to win, just enjoy yourself)

Randall blew a breath. Nothing too big
then again his ability at any game might be hampered by the “attire”.

1. Assist Celia with party duties

Randall eyed that one. The irony of Celia’s involvement in the process was like a kick in the tail.

1. Speech in the Lobby and release of the balloons

A SPEECH? He had to give a SPEECH?

“Oh
I certainly did NOT want this
” Randall groaned, noting that Jerry had gone off and Fungus was at Roz’s window. But beside that, Sulley and Mike were coming. This was also something he certainly did not want.

“Well well well
congratulations Randall
” Mike said with great glee.

“Yeah Randall
1 out of
well
I know at least 100 I think” Sulley added, morely honest.

“Oh yes
I’m the lucky one” Randall mouthed off, venom on tongue, shaking his head lightly.

“That you are!” Mike said, coming near Randall, an action that Mike hardly did and one Randall eyed with interest. “Sooo
” Mike started, and everyone knew that when he was about to begin it was either short or long. “What’s on your agenda for the party?”. He gave a grin of great pleasure, much to Randall’s chagrin. “Maybe a strut down the hall with clackers
wearing one of those neat pointy hats? Maybe a little dance and some punch
and if too much punch a quick trip to the bathroom
OH! I forgot! You’ll be WEARING yours tomorrow! That’s right!” Mike chuckled, jabbing Randall in the side lightly
then retracting his hurt hand and stroking the knuckles.

Randall looked up at Sulley, seemingly no change in face. “So
what? Did you find him in the ball pit and that’s how you met?”

Sulley rubbed the back of his neck, but the little jibe made Mike have an excuse to continue. “Speaking of meeting
I can’t WAIT to bring my camera to meet your diapered tail
oh
I’m gonna make an album of it!” Mike laughed, trotting back to the station, singing some tune.

Sulley eyed his friend’s good mood, and switch over to Randall. “Sorry about that
”

“Oh that’s alright you change idiocy
” Randall murmured.

“But I wouldn’t blame you if you did the same if I won” Sulley smiled.

Randall rose a brow. “Is that YOUR way of taking a stab at me?”

Sulley held up his hands in defense. “No no
though it is kind of ironic
”

“Ironic?”

“Well I just never expected you would
well
”

Randall puffed, getting on all legs again from leaning. “Well your right
I wouldn’t
but I’m going to get through this stupid little thing
”. He folded his arms. “As best I can
” he whispered.

“Well good lucky anyhow
I’ll
try to make Mike not go overboard
”

“It’s field day” Randall said, rolling his eyes.

Randall’s upper body was lunged over Celia’s reception desk, the end of the work hours coming swiftly. “Now I know I put it somewhere
” Celia said, boxes rustling.

Randall moved his head slightly, seeing his own reflection sprawled out in front of him. “Oh please
take your time
ideally past New Years
”

“Don’t be grumpy
” Celia said. She came out with a large loop with a strap. “Here we are
the sash
” she said.

“Oh joy
”

“Come on now
”

“Ugh
” Randall groaned, taking his torso off the counter as Celia came around, holding the sash in front of him.

“We’re in luck
” Celia said, starting to see what it would look like on him, she had an
eye for these kind of things. “I hear sometimes they had to throw out the first one made because we got a candidate that was too large or too small
” she said. Looking past Randall’s frustrated stance, hands crossed, thin framed. “But you look perfect for it
” she added, handing Randall the sash. He was looking in another direction at the time, so she took one of his arms and thrust it under.

“Hey
” he miffed, grabbing the thing and folding it as she came around behind the desk again. “Now if you don’t mind I’m heading home and collecting my dignity
make up a fortress wall for it
”. He started in the direction of the door before Ceila called him back.

“Hold up there
”

Randall groaned again, that was happening allot today, and turned. “WHAT?”

She came up with a box and waved him over. “Now
what’s your waist size?”

“Excuse me?” Randall said, brow raised. He never imagined a girl saying that to him
then again never imagined NO ONE saying it to him. She smiled and leaned the box in his direction. Randall was wide-eyed to see a couple of new, folded, disposable diapers. “W
what are those
doing behind the reception desk?” he asked, twitching an eye as if nothing made sense anymore.

“For the position” Celia smiled, then laughed. “Like the sash
tradition dictates chance
so
size?”. Randall shook his head. Things were weird around the holidays. “Well
you can try them on if you rather do that
” she laughed.

“HECK NO
” Randall shouted. Immediately, Celia shoved the small box into his upper hands. “What the
?”

“Well take them home and pick one for tomorrow
but bring the box back
some of them I borrow from a class I had a few days ago
”

“What class??” Randall said, lifting the box over his head to look at her.

Celia blinked. “
Well
since it’s the New Years
I got to taking a
” she started, twiddling her tentacle around the card she intended for Mike, though Randall couldn’t see that. “
seminar for people who intend to have a child”

Randall paused, pushing the New Year Baby thing to the side. “Celia
your
?” he started.

Celia blushed, quickly showing he was thinking the wrong thing. “Oh! No no no
” she said, snakes on hair shaking their heads. “Of course not
just that if I ever do
”

Randall lowered the box. “Oh
well
” he murmured, a moment of silence passing.

“But
ahem
” she said, composing herself. “Anyway
the next shift will start soon so go on
and I expect a smile when you come in tomorrow, and helping out with the party
”

“Oh yes
” he murmured, looking at the box of different sized diapers and the sash around his arm. “Are you SURE
I can’t just wear the sash?”

Celia smiled. “Oh come now Randall
I’d think you’d look cute” she said, a glee smile.

“I’d look ret
” he started.

“Go on now
” Celia shouted, still smiling.

Randall groaned, turning tail and starting off. Never in his scareing career did he think he’d walk outside like this

Celia watched him head off, still smiling. When he finally left, she sat back down in her chair, a face like a teenage girl who just finished having a good conversation on the phone. In the past year she had gotten to know Randall merely by his passings by, and he was fairly nice actually, one of the few nice people she regularly talked to. Simple banter, but better than someone yelling over the phone because they were disconnected.

Celia smiled at the thought of how Randall would look tomorrow. Cute might describe him, yes. Celia enjoyed the idea of seeing Randall that way for the party, maybe she’d get to know him a little better, that is if he doesn’t get his diaper in a bunch. She chuckled again. Of course, her heart belonged to Mike, but that didn’t stop her from knowing Sulley or Randall.

With a sigh, she started to work again, thinking of how fun tomorrow would be.

When Randall got home, he tossed the box on the couch and sash with it, which landed half-way in the box. He left a few minutes later to restock his fridge and rented a film, he decided that he had to relax tonight in order to get through tomorrow. He re-entered his apartment carrying paper bags in his hands and two movie disk cases wrapped by his tail. He kicked the door closed and aimed for the kitchen, putting everything away in less than a minute, knowing where he would put everything before hand. With that done, he went to his T.V. set on top of a shelf with a cut out middle, where he placed his VTR (video tape recorder) and VDR (video disk), and an oval device with switches on the front so that he could switch between them. Now and again he didn’t both with it encase of electricity problems, but figured for the convenience. He popped in one of his rentals and waited for it to start up, taking the remote in one of his spare hands. He plopped on the end of the couch, waiting for the menu screen.

“Now
relax
” he breathed out to himself. While waiting, his eyes drifted to the box. “Oh
right
” he remembered. Groaning he got up, pausing to hit the play button on the remote when the menu came up. Tossing the remote on the couch, he looked at the box. “Me
always me
” he murmured, scratching the back of his head. “Well
do
you’ll be a laughing stock for a couple of days
but you get stuff outta the deal and be in goods for a raise
maybe
don’t and you have the whole “tradition” thing thrown in your face”. In the end, Randall conceded, rustling through the box. It was quite a split, from an entertainment perspective. An action film with car chases and explosions in the T.V. screen
and on the other side
a lizard monster picking out what he was wearing to a New Years Eve party.

Randall pulled up a rather large white diaper. So big that it spanned his arm length. “Guess this is the one if Sullivan won the “honor”
” he mumbled, holding the thing far from him. While looking for a diaper that fit him, harder considering he had no intention of putting it on, even if he did he had no idea HOW, Randall started to think on what Celia said. Not specifically, but enough to emulate his own thoughts. Morely to the thought of kids. Randall was a little miffed at the idea. The thought of kids running around in his apartment didn’t much appeal to him. But sure. Maybe a part of him thought that it was something he needed. Maybe once he broke the Scare Record, maybe even get a high paying position he might settle down and start a family. However

Randall paused with a grimace, looking at one of the smaller diapers. Actually all of them were manufactured by the largest disposable diaper company in the monster world, titling their brand as so
Little Scarer. Back in day, and yeah even now, everyone wanted to be a scarer, so the name stuck. Strange enough, they made a mint and then some, seeing as how monsters were more varied than humans. Heck, Randall himself guessed he probably wore them when he was a kid
then again he couldn’t remember much about that. Anyhow, Randall eyed the strip on the one he was holding, a bunch of kids with happy faces. “AS IF mine had one
” Randall mumbled in thought, throwing the thing aside. Oh yes, starting a family
what an idea. Haven’t had a good relationship in all his years. And even if he found someone
how would family go? "Oh yeah
she’d be like “here’s my my man and I love’em”
and they’d go “yes he’s a fine young man
now that he met us we should meet HIS parents”. Randall muttered that thought every time the subject came up. Imagine how awkward and unsettling that would be. Too much.

Finding one that looked like it fit, which he simply judged, he tossed it next to the sash, wanting to have nothing to do with it for now. His last “diaper experience” included tape and a flagpole. Settling down on the couch, he crossed his legs and amid to push the thoughts of family and kids aside. But it was still nagging at him. Maybe he’d make that a New Years resolution
to not think about it. But it was still there, nagging. To satisfy the annoyance, he switched the resolution. If he broke the Scare Record, hopefully by next year
maybe he’d look into how having a family would be. He looked over at the diaper and sash. “
I certainly ain’t going to be the baby of the family
” he coughed.

Pretty good so far! And I like Celia in this- if I was to nitpick, there are a few little things like ‘your’ and ‘you’re’ getting mixed up and I think the first chapter could benefit with some paragraph spacing during the first part of the first chapter (and later too), when we sort of get a third-person insight into Randall’s thoughts.

But good one so far! And once again good Celia- and Sulley so far too!

blinks Oh wow. Was expecting no reviews like most times

Uhh
also this story’s been elsewhere
so

Oh well shrugs Happy face heh.

Yeah, Celia’s in this allot more than most, so we get to see some more interaction between her and Randall.
Unfortunately I had had this spaced normally, but when I put it in a post here, the spaces are removed, so I have to hand go through it all in order to space it again.
Not to mention it also takes out the italics, so some speech which is actually thought
erm
sorta complicates, but hopefully it won’t

Ah yes, Sullivan. Give him and Wazowski some equal ground in this so far too.

Next chapter features some fair hilarity, especially where Randall is concerned. Unfortunate for him, but fair humor for everybody else :laughing:

Chapter 4 Lizard in Padding

Randall realized he had fallen asleep on the couch. Of course that was because he aimed to relax himself, and despite most of the odds, he was able to do it. He awoke just like yesterday, a quick stretch and realization. The first was he forgot to turn off the player and the disc's menu screen was still up. Muttering, Randall trudged over and turned it off, later recalling he could have used the remote instead...again some muttering. Then the little mistake lead him to recall looking at the clock in this room, which was a black framed one....somewhere.

Muttering again, Randall started to look for that darned time giver, finding it had fallen behind the VDR. Grabbing it, he noted that he had a few minutes to get to work before the rush of employees for the shift showed up. “Great
” he said, placing the clock back, which almost toppled again till his lower hand caught it, pressing it back firmly on the shelf.

He switched the T.V. off, the sounds of the outside hustle and bustle for the new year filling the void. Heading to the kitchen, Randall half-thought to see what New Year news there was, but figured not to blow out his picture tube. The Roasts beans met him with anticipation, raining with joy as they were were put into the coffee maker
how they felt about being ground up into liquid, we shall never no. But the end result is what mattered to Randall, grabbing a different blue mug from one of the cabinets and placing the first one, who had spent it’s day on the kitchen counter, getting to know the fridge better, into the dishwasher. It was alone of course
now it would get to know that appliance too. Returning to the living room, Ran thought the heck with it and turned on television, switching it to one of the news channels.

“
and as they say
curiosity killed the Quat
” the anchor man, a tentacle-like monster, announced as Randall sat down. “In other news
Scare Co. announced today their celebration for the New Year will include a fireworks display later on tonight along with their yearly plaque and award announcements
”. Randall noted that. He was unsure, but he MIGHT get something out of that
usually they informed winners hours before the event. “The mayor has taken the earlier hours
holding a parade down Monstropolis main street
featuring such favorites as
”.

Randall rolled his eyes. Monstropolis directors and Scare Co
the eternal struggle. Even in a holiday they wouldn’t let it go. “
let us all celebrate the new year in our own ways and look forward to the future
as for me
” the anchor started, straightening his papers, then reaching under the news desk and bringing up one of those dunce caps, as Randall called them. “
I’m taking a well deserved vacation”. Randall wondered if that was suppose to be funny
he later decided no. A second later. He looked over at a box beside him. When did he get a bo

Then yesterday flashed before him. “Oh
right
” he chagrined. Randall was unsure he had the strength to handle it. Then the prospect of looking good for the boss scratched at him. “Raaaaiiisse
Raaaaiiisse
or somethiiinnngg like that
”. That was uncommon. Randall shook his head, placing the drained mug on a round tree leg table beside the couch, could hold about four mugs of that size. He aimed to grab the sash, but the box was blocking him, so he dragged it over to the floor then picked it up. Though it looked rather nice, red with foil gold boarder, the words reminded him of the “duty” it came with, as the white word’s said “Baby New Year”.

“Thanks for the constant reminder
” Randall growled. He wasn’t intending to wear it on the way, but he did have to make sure it wasn’t uncomfortable. He looped it around his neck so it went over his first shoulder on his left, then under his second right. Randall was a bit surprised, it actually fit well. Sure a little loose, but it wouldn’t come off the way it was. He got up, testing if it wouldn’t get in the way with his arm movement. Nope, not at all.

“Well that’s that
” Randall said, lowering his head to take it off. He folded it up, placing it on the closed box. Then came the second part of the attire. Randall starred at the diaper on his couch. Never imagined something like that. Gathering up his dignity, he managed to get it in his hands and unfolded it. For a small size, to his knowledge, it was still rather big. Randall felt a little queasy, the diaper smelled like baby powder, no surprised there, but still. With it unfolded in his hands, he

“How
”. He looked the disposable garment over, trying to figure out
how the heck did you put one of these things on??

After a moment of trial and error, none of which lead to it ever touching more of his body, Randall tossed it in the box, placing the sash in as well, and tugging the box under his upper left arm. “Oh yeah
give it to me
let me be a laughing stock and for the first time I don’t know HOW to be it
” he mumbled, grabbing his coat, putting it on and fumbling the box as he went.

The walk to work was a bit dreadful, as Randall knew what the day held, but as he came to the street before the company, he saw the signs of the mentioned parade in the distance. The confetti was a dead give-away and Randall did notice some floats. He had thought of taking a look, but figured he could catch it on a rerun when he was picking up his pride later tonight.

No sooner did he step into the lobby did an annoying voice, accompanied by an annoying thing, jumped in front of him. “THERE YOU ARE!”. Within the next three seconds, Randall thought he was blind, as Wazowski snapped a picture of him. Blinking the sight back into his eyes, he shoved Wazowski back with the closed box.

“What
are
you
doing!?” Randall shouted. Mike stepped back, a camera with a long chamber in his hands, like those ones that policemen use to gain evidence photos.

“Oh just getting
some memories
” Mike laughed, looking Randall over. “Hey
your missing something
”

“So are you
” Randall snickered, referring to something in Mike’s head, then noted Mike peeking in the box that shoved him. Randall immediately curved it away, looking at Mike like a child who was caught finding Christmas presents.

“Wow
” Mike said, as if he got something he wasn’t intending. “You
got a BOX FULL?”

Randall immediately realized the folly of his mistake. “What? NO
” he said. “Just ask your girlfriend
she got’em
” he added, pointing in the general direction of the reception desk.

Mike blinked, showing a look of
well the word “huh?” describes it so much better. “Huh?”. See.

“Gears stuck again a?” Randall slyly retorted, moving nearer to the cyclops. As he did, he seemed to trip, the box falling on Mike and his camera flinging to the side. “Whoops
” he chimed. “Sorry about that Wazowski
”. Randall grabbed the box and Mike’s fallen camera, not bothering to help Mike up, though he could do it himself.

“You did that on purpose!”

“So what if I did?” Randall said, pausing, then handing Mike his camera. Mike gave it a quick glance over.

“Better not have broken it
” he said.

“Why would I do that?” Randall snickered, moving away from Mike to the reception desk.

“Just wait till the party!” Mike yelled back, taking off for the lockers, probably to polish the lens.

Celia was just as perky as she was yesterday, though her new outfit, supposedly for the party, was different. Blue fish-like-scales around the shoulder areas and a red furry collar. Randall had to take a moment to compare hers to the one he would have. Yep. He’d rather wear what she was. He set the box to the side as she finished a call, something about reservations. She looked
a little red in the face. Once she finished a sentence, she looked at Randall with the same expression, he merely waved with twitchy eyes.

Randall hadn’t scorned a woman in his life, he didn’t intend to, but was well aware of what one would do. Her expression softened a tad, but quickly recovered when she got more words into the conversation on the other end of the line.

“
well thank you for telling me that
oh yes I am a little annoyed
”. Randall watched Celia’s other tentacle squashing spare paper with the Monster’s Inc. label on it. “No no don’t worry
I’ll handle it myself
OH
and happy new year
”. Celia aimed to smack the phone against the receiver, Randall noticed, but she refrained, setting it down
a little forcibly. She groaned, holding her forehead, snakes having the same expression Randall had on.

When the silence became awkward, Celia looked up as if she hadn’t noticed Randall before. “Oh
hi
” she said.

Randall blinked, pausing for a moment to let her cool. “
Uhh
yeah
”

“Sorry about that
” she said, straightening herself. “Just something I have to take care of later
”

Randall rubbed the back of his neck. “Oh right yeah
guess at the party
”. Golden rule, switch the conversation into a lighter zone, and Randall was going to follow that. “Oh yeah
” he began, pointing at Celia’s dress
well more like a suit. “That’s
that’s new
”

“Oh this?” Celia said, instantly replacing the scorn look with a slightly embarrassed one. “Well yes
I hardly wear this one unless it’s a party like this
I got a hat too
” she said, looking around the bottom of the desk. “
somewhere”.

“Never where you need it” Randall said, cheesy grin.

Celia came bag up, shrugging. “Ahh well
” she said, looking him over. “Speaking of costumes
where’s yours?” she asked.

Randall blinked. “I’m not
wearing one
”

“I meant your “attire” for the party Randall” she said, laughing.

Randall groaned, hoping to not add to it. “Well I CERTAINLY was not going to wear it in broad daylight on the way here
”

“I guess not
” she replied, smiling, then turning her attention to the box. “Well
you better get suited up
I need some help to set up the tables
”

“NOW?” Randall eyed.

“Yes now
everything wasn’t set up a minute before last year you know
”

“Ugh
”. Randall unfolded the box, grabbing the sash, then remembered something. Then he thought
Celia is a girl right? He leaned his head from the box’s top, looking at Celia. “Uhh actually
could I
ask you something?”

“Well sure
”

Randall twiddled his lower hands and had his upper left draw a circle in the air. “Well
” he started, looking around, seeing only a few employees, then he turned back, grabbing one of the diapers and holding it up in the box so Celia could see. “Do you know how the heck to put one of these on?”. Just as he predicted, Celia was about to laugh out loud, but she held it back, pulling a tentacle to her mouth, cheeks puffing from the air. When she was going to speak, she did it a second time. Once she composed herself

“Men
your all the same
at least on that note” she said, still holding back.

Randall sighed. “WELL
if I HAVE to do this stupid tradition
I’m not having it fall off have me trip and land in the punch
or other things”.

Celia chuckled. “Ok ok
I’ll help you with that and you’ll help me with the tables
”

“In
the lobby?” Randall stated.

“Yes lobby
and as a bonus I’ll stave Micheal from you
I have to have a talk with him anyhow”

Randall mumbled the options, few. “Ugh
fine
” he said, grabbing the box.

A moment later, the two found themselves at a cross-section with the Male and Female locker rooms in different directions. Randall eyed Celia as she looked the paths over.

“Uhh
well
” she said.

A moment later, Randall grinned. “Well women do have a habit to change kids in the female restrooms
and I’m sure a trip to that locker room is every guy’s dream”

Celia folded her tentacles, looking at him harshly. “Oh ha ha
” she said, grabbing one of his arms and dragging him down the hall. “We’ll use one of the empty rooms”

“So I was digging in my mother’s couch yesterday and guess what I found? My issue 25 of Scare Monthly!”

“Wasn’t that the one you lost like three months ago?”

“Yep! Same one!” Needlemen declared, pushing the large container of janitorial equipment, Smitty beside him. Their office rounds of the morning, though both found it kind of redundant since the halls and rooms would be confetti and streamer filled later today.

“And all the time it was there
yeah
” Smitty stated, shaking his head.

“Alright
room 18F
” Needlemen started, about to knock on the door if anybody was inside. But before he could, he got confirmation someone was inside. But not just one.

“Hey! Watch it!” said an angry scowling voice.

“Well this IS how it’s done alright
I took classes” said another, female, then again Needlemen didn’t know many.

“Uhh
” Needlemen started, tapping his lip.

“Well sorry
but I’m NOT one of those dummies
”

“Maybe not
but like the dummies you can’t do it yourself
”

“I think we should go
” Needlemen said, starting behind the container and pushing.

“Aren’t we going to do the room?” Smitty asked.

“No no
two people are in there
”

“Doing what?”

Needlemen shrugged. “I dunno
heard something similar in a movie once
think one of them is getting a raise
”

Several minutes of “tail goes through here”, “first set of legs”, and “the tape goes like this”, the door finally opened. Celia stepped out first, her snakes hissing laughs through their tongues. “Well come on then
” she said, reaching in, grabbing Randall and pulling him out, sash draped around his shoulders, and a thick white disposable diaper taped around his legs, the set near his tail. “There you are
the new you” she stated.

“DON’T
SAY
THAT
” Randall murmured, arms slung, almost ready to shake out an angry rant.

“Well
it would’ve been easy if you didn’t ACT like a child” she smiled.

“I did NOT
”

Celia shrugged. “All in all though I did a good job
and we found one that fit you
”. Randall puffed, looking at his right side, lifting both pair of legs and starred daggers at the thing. It was snow white with pale green tapes and a blue band strip, and the leg gathers were tinted light blue. The darned thing was thick too, not enough to pull him back, but enough to signify it’s existence.

“Ugh
I can’t believe
” Randall mumbled, lowering his legs, feeling the front shell of it between them. He placed a hand to his head, sash waving. Then he immediately reminded himself to do something. He leaned near Celia, though having his feet firmly where they were, and stuck one finger up. “Celia
don’t EVER
ever
ever ever ever ever
speak
voice
mutter
whisper
or hint at what happened a few minutes ago
”. He took a moment to point at her hair too, then back to her. Celia starred at him with a “I got it you didn’t have to say it” look on her face, enhanced with tentacles to hip. “Alright then
” Randall muttered, leaning back and folding arms.

Celia shook her head, taking Randall by one of his lower hands. “Alright
we’ve got tables to set up
come on diaper boy
” she said, dragging him. Randall rose a brow at the name. Lizard Boy or Diaper Boy? Which one was better? Randall couldn’t tell.

It took Randall a minute or two to get use to walking with the diaper on. Every time he walked, the plastic crinkled, echoing in the hall. Not to mention the thick bulge keeping his legs apart, felt like a pillow. Celia laughed on more than one occasion when he walked a little wide at first. Not to mention when he went wacko when he forgot he was wearing a sash, thinking it was either rope or some slug thing. It was quite funny to see him jittery.

Celia was waiting for him at the end of the hall, watching with a light smile at his slight waddle. She never imagined seeing Randall this way, nor imagined he would be the one helping her with the arrangements. But maybe it was a form of fate. Sure, she knew him from school but not too much. She was the editor of the school paper then, which gave her a small lead for the job she had now. She did know he was the quiet, secluded sort back then, and she
well the dividing line for “geeks” and “populars” was subtle then, and she guessed she considered herself in the later category. But she never considered Randall in the geek category, despite the fact he had great grades. She didn’t really think much of him. Then again, a certain article in one edition, which was quickly retracted before anyone but the staff could read it
made her hold quite the sympathy for him

“
Hello? I managed to get to the end of the hallway in one piece
”

Celia snapped out off thought, having gone from amusement to a sodden look. “Oh
!” she said, surprised at herself, looking at Randall in front of her. “Sorry
”

Randall folded both pair of arms, eying her. “What was that a second ago? Surprised you dropped a smile against me for this” he said, his tail inadvertently making the diaper crinkle.

Celia turned, a little embarrassed. “Oh no no
just thinking of something
”. She quickly composed herself, wiping imaginary dust from her waist. She turned back, bit more perky. “Anyways
ready to help me out?”

“Like I even have a choice?” Randall muttered, dropping his arms.

“Well thanks
” Celia replied, as if annoyed.

“Well
better you than most I guess
” Randall whispered, passing by her. Celia motioned to follow, stopping before she tripped over Randall’s lower section since he was going slower. She watched him peek around the corners.

Maybe it was luck he got the position. Maybe she would get to know him better though this. Strange, she thought. Did she want to know him better? Maybe it was to see why Micheal disliked him so much. Either that
or to wonder why he nearly did so many years ago back in school

Going to be posting two chapters today since I missed yesterday. Next one in a few hours.

Chapter 5 Set Up, Knock Down

Sulley had been spending the past half an hour getting his costume on for the party. He felt it a little redundant to wear one of those “all around beard” accessories with a thin tie, seeing as how he had enough fur already, but he wanted to make a good impression for his first New Years here. Of course, once he got off work, he would call up his family and see to them. Dropping Mike at his of course too. Sulley left an incredibly large robe in his locker, having tried it on last night. It was light though, as he didn’t want to sweat up a storm during the party. He was trying on the wig and fixing glasses to his eyes when Mike came in. He had done so a couple minutes ago, trotting with joy and his camera, announcing how much he’d enjoy torturing Randall at the party. Sulley just let him go on till he left to put on his own costume.

When Mike came in, his body was secluded inside a fake champagne bottle costume. “What in the world are you gonna be?” Mike questioned when he glanced over Sulley.

“Father Time
” he announced, spreading out his arms, though with lack of costume bulk. Mike gave him a “that’s what you came up with?” look. “Well I still have to get the robe on Mike
” he added, turning back to his locker. “That costume fit?”

Mike shrugged in his confined space. “Ah can’t complain
”. He paused. “Think they’ll spike the punch or should we do it?”

“Mike
”

"Wha
?

“I’d rather not drink in the way to make a bad impression
”

“It’s a party Sul
” Mike said, hands to hips
well
bottle sides. “That gives us a free ticket to mess up and do what we want because” he started, pointing in that way he did with Roz or Celia. “
That’s what they want you to do
”

Sulley rolled his eyes. As if for a cue, Charlie leaned out from the locker’s near Mike, wearing a black bow tie. “Whoa Wazowski
nice one
” he said, pointing a tentacle.

“Oh? What? This thing? Yeah yeah
nice
made it myself
”

Charlie leaned a little more. “Then why is there a price tag?”

“Uhh
” Mike started, turning so said-price-tag was out of Charlie’s view. “Uhh
anyway
oh what’s that?” he said, pointing at the bow tie. “Date tonight there Charlie?”

“Na
” Charlie whined, adjusting it. “I can’t wear much so this is my costume for the party
”

“Oh
inventive
”

“Least I took off the tag
” Charlie whispered.

“What?”

“Nothing
”. He looked over the Sulley. “What are you going as Sulley?”

“Uhh
Father Time
”

“Oh beard huh?”

Sulley grabbed the robe, trying to get the bulk out of his locker, while Mike was retrieving his camera from his own. “Oh hey Charlie
this is yours and George’s first party too right?”

Charlie adjusted his bow tie again. “Well yeah
don’t know about George
but
”. He folded his tentacles behind his back. “It’s not like I haven’t “whoo hooed” at a New Years party before
”. He looked over at Mike. “Camera? You the photographer for tonight Wazowski?”

“Ho ho no
” Mike started, holding his camera as if it was Little Mikey. “I’m saving my roll for Celia and Liza
I mean
Randall
” he said. “Oh yeah
HAVE you seen him yet?”

Charlie shook his head. “No
he didn’t come to the lockers to my knowledge
then again I just came in a minute ago for the tie
”

“Oh
well
tell him that I MUST take pictures of this year’s “tradition holder”
” Mike replied, motioning with two fingers to emphasize the end.

“Uh
huh
well
I’ll
see you guys at the party
” Charlie said, waving a bye at Sulley, who had gowned himself in the huge red robe, which seemed even too big for him.

“Whoa! Randall
slow down!”

Meanwhile, Randall was
“helping” Celia set up the Lobby for the party. At first they had to retrieve the long tables from storage. They were white and stack on each other, having wheel legs on each corner that folded into the hollow underside, hence the stacking. Randall took to getting the tables on their sides so Celia could set the legs. Of course when Randall asked how they would get it them to the Lobby, Celia naturally replied “rolling it down the hall”. Once Randall realized he had to go down the occupied halls, despite that the lobby would later become more occupied, including him

“Would you at LEAST let me keep up?”

Randall was currently pushing the table down the hall at a steady pace
though not walking. Celia was pushing beside him, as well as trying to keep up with the lizard monster. “Move it! Outta the way! Move aside!” Randall called whenever someone was coming up in front of the table. Anyone who moved aside only saw a white blur being pushed by a purple and blue one, and a crinkling sound.

Once the table found it’s way to the Lobby, Randall parked it horizontally from the hallways that led to the Training Room and Bathrooms. Once he did, he held out his right hands to stop Celia from hitting against the table side. When she found out they stopped moving, she gave a sigh of relief, her snakes shaking and holding onto each other. Randall let go of the table, straightening it slightly before he noticed Celia’s look. “What?”. She folded her arms, stamping a tentacle. “WHAT? The table’s here
see” he said, gesturing at it, but not sarcastically.

Celia looked at it, then at him, then her expression softened. She placed a tentacle to her forehead. “Yes it is
well
”. She looked at the hallway they had come from. “
That’s ONE
”. She turned to him with a smile. “Would you be so kind to get the others here just as fast?”. Randall rose a finger to protest, but Celia grabbed him by the arms, turned him around and aimed him for the hallway. “Well go on now
we need at least two more
” she said, letting go and giving him a slight kick to the side of his diaper.

Randall growled, turning his head to her. “Let the MAN do the work right?”

Celia folded her arms, giving a look only a woman could. “Your wearing a diaper
so I might not pick that word”

“Nice
real
nice
” Randall said, narrowing his eyes and nodding, going down the hall at a trot, diaper crinkling.

Randall’s trot back received mixed reviews from passing employees. The popular result was laughing or a passing snicker, a couple actually were a bit surprised, though Randall guessed that they weren’t there for the drawing. He ignored his diaper’s defiant crinkling and grabbed another table, rolling it out, th doors flapping open from the force, indirectly heeding the path of

“Randall??”

Randall stopped dead in his tracks. Sullivan had managed to back away before the table nudged him, while Wazowski bumped his protected champagne head against the table’s rim. As soon as Wazowski mumbled an obscenity, Randall quickly tried to pull the table back, though one of the wheels was caught within the extra of Sullivan’s “robe”. “Who? What? RANDALL?”. Wazowski’s nagging voice made Randall nearly rip Sulley’s robe with the wheel. Knowing it was caught, Randall flung back into the store room, Wazowski in tow.

“Mike!” Sulley yelled over, tugging his robe in bundles to get it out.

Wazowski was gleaming like a kid in a candy store. Except the store was a store room with stacked boxes and hallways to other sections. It didn’t take two eyes to spot Randall. Then again it wasn’t Randall Wazowski noticed. It was the weaving sash and floating diaper near a three-box-stack that gave him away. Mike casually walked in the direction, eye elsewhere while he whispered a little tune. Sulley had managed to loosen himself from the table, pushing it back into the storeroom so it wasn’t blocking the hall or keep the doors open. He first looked at Mike, then at what he was looking at. Sulley was a little confused at what it WAS he was looking at, that is until swatted the back of the diaper, the impact causing a white blended Randall to appear with his side against the boxes.

“THERE’S the baby” Wazowski declared, pointing in the school-boy fashion and giving a dry laugh. Randall growled, turning on Mike and reverting his colors back.

“Shut it or
” he took in Mike’s costume, “
I’ll unscrew your cap and squash what little brain you have in there!”. Wazowski, surprisingly, just stood there with a stiff lip and crooked smile. Randall was slightly taken back, but knew the reason was because Sulley was in the room. Speaking of such, Randall crossed his vision over to Sulley, who was ALSO on the verge of laughter.

“Want to add YOUR two cents Mr. Bugenhagen?” Randall murmured. Although not much know, the name referred to one of the “oldest living Monsters” in the Monstropolis World Records.

Sulley looked down at his own costume, then back up, instantly holding back his laugh again, though it came out in his words as he lowered the glasses he had. “No no
but you do look
”

“WHAT?” Randall bellowed, feet planted like he was ready to leap at a comment.

Sulley swallowed what laugh he had. “You
look good heh
besides sure some people’s costumes are just as ba
”. Randall was eying him, making Sulley raise hands in defense. “Not that your costumes bad
!”

“It IS BAD!” Randall shouted.

Sulley paused for a moment, leaning. “Uhh
Randall
”

“WHAT?” Randall yelled, then felt the diaper moving. “What the
?”. He looked back to see Wazowski crouched down, poking the front of his diaper. "

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Randall yelled again, raising a leg and hopping to the side, Wazowski falling back, the costume he was wearing lifting a bit, but he was laughing too much to notice. Randall leaned back on his rear legs, studying to see if Wazowski stuck a note or something, but nothing was foreign on him, aside from said-diaper.

“Tahahaha! He’s wearing a baby diaper!” Mike announced, pointing and laughing, still in school-boy fashion.

“What?”. Randall looked back down again. He WAS wearing a Little Scarers for babies, with a faint size number “6”, and went pale that he didn’t notice it before. He expected it was just a plain one. “Gah! CELIA
” he whispered.

“Tahahah! What
?” Mike asked, wiping a tear of joy.

“Grr
” Randall growled, skitting past Sulley, who was surprised by the move, and grabbed the table, shooting out of the door Sulley could voice his own opinions. Even with Randall gone, Mike was still laughing.

“Mike
” Sulley started, but realized he was near to laughing out.

“Oooh
this is rich! So rich Sulley!” Mike chuckled. “I am SO gonna have a field day with Lizard Boy!”

“Now Mike don’t go over the
the top
” Sulley said, pausing to hold a smile from his face. The thought, which became real moments ago, of Randall Boggs in a diaper was enough to make anyone take a smile.

“CELIA!”. Celia had barely enough time to turn around before Randall let the table slide with it’s own force, which barely scratched the reception desk. He was literally marching right up to her till he was right near her. “WHAT
DID
YOU
DO?”

Celia gave a look signifying “what are you talking about”. “What are you talking about?”. See.

“Well it WOULD have been good to TELL me
” Randall started, arms raised. That is till he noticed that there were several employees around, the time for the morning shift approaching. More than half were staring directly at the long lizard in a sash and diaper. Randall looked at each one, then back at Celia, who was still a little confused. The reptilian monster lowered his arms and, surprisingly, smiled a grin, which seemed to make a few carry on with their work. Though in actuality, Randall was speaking through his teeth in a little bit of whispering ventriloquism.

He leaned in closer to Celia. “It would’ve been NICE
to tell me
that you put an INFANT’S size on me
” Randall muttered through his smile.

Celia nearly laughed. “Well what’s the difference Randall?” she asked, smiling, more employees going ahead.

Randall rose his arms in delight, though in actuality quite the opposite. “OH brilliant
!”. He lowered them.

Celia rolled her eyes. “I DID get a few from the daycare center Randall
”

“Least I can pick out who it’s intended for” Randall mumbled.

“Plus it’s the one that fit you
your thin you know
” Celia said, eye closed as if she was schooling him, raising a finger. “The others were either too small or too big
so deal
”. She started past him to the reception desk, going behind it and under it, leaving Randall staring at the entrance with wide eyes and a happy grin. Then one of his eyes twitched to show the true feelings.

He marched over to the desk, spreading his hands far. “CELIA
” he started, that is till Celia came up with something black in her hand, which she quickly plotted on Randall’s head, his three fronds disappearing in it. “What the!?” he voiced, grin broken.

Celia smiled. “There you go
the complete costume
”

Randall plucked the thing from his head, starring at it. A black top hat with a blue strip. “What the
?”. Then he nearly collapsed. “PLEASE tell me there isn’t MORE to this thing
?”

Celia kept the smile, but shook her head. “Nope
I just added that
wasn’t too much
I got it for a great deal so consider it a gift and yours”

Randall eyed her. “
What?”. He shook his head. “So what you got me this and want me to WEAR it?”

Celia almost looked taken back, but it was in good fun. “If you want
might take some attention off you” she said, though that probably wasn’t a truth to it. She smiled a little wider. “In fact the costume can be considered yours
as I got you the Top Hat
you get to keep the sash too since we only use them once a year
even keep the diaper if you want” she laughed.

“Oh JOY
” Randall bellowed, keeping the top hat in his lower hands for the moment.

“Now
” Celia started, Randall raising a finger to protest, but she continued. She disappeared behind the desk again, coming up with a clipboard, and then coming up with her own hat. It matched her dress and was thin enough not to black her snake hair. It looked like miniature buildings, in blue with white windows, strange thing.

“The food won’t arrive for a little bit since we don’t want it lingering in the Lobby
that and the incident last year when someone garbled up a whole table
”. She paused, but not short enough for Randall to voice again. “SO
I’ll need your help setting up the some of the games in the halls
”.

Randall gave a half-open mouth with a dull look. “What?”

“So closest is the balloon popper
how’s your breathing?”

Randall still had the look. “I think I’m an expert on it
”

By the seventh balloon, Randall started to question why they didn’t have a pump to do the job. Suddenly the “expert breather” comment wasn’t such a smart idea. Yet here he was, standing wobbly to the site of the game booth blowing up the eight balloon for the past minute. Celia was talking to Bob in the booth, making sure he knew how to handle the game. When she finally came over to Randall, she plucked the balloon from between his upper hands.

“You can rest now
” she said comically.

“Oh
good
” he replied, half-jokingly falling back on his diapered rear, instantly reminding him what he was wearing. Celia got treated to a rare look from Randall, a raised brow and narrowed eye that made him look so much like his role. To Randall, it was weird sitting in a diaper, felt he was propped up a foot with the padding in it.

“Alright
sit then
” Celia announced, smiling still.

Randall quickly removed his look, eying Celia like he did for someone who annoyed him. “I might as well not get up
”

Celia rolled her eyes, snakes chuckling, starting back to Bob. “Alright then
be a good and I’ll get you a bottle
” she said. She meant “slime bottle” from one of the vending machines, but when the dual wording reached her, she laughed at her own comment. Randall just stared as she left. When he recovered, he mumbled something half-unheard off, and just stayed where he was, arms folded. He never pictured himself sitting in a diaper next to a balloon stand in a Monsters Inc. hallway. Randall stretched from his position past the booth’s corner. Celia was still talking to Bob. He retracted diaper crinkling. Randall growled in response, shifting a bit, the diaper filling any crevice between his scales. He couldn’t wait to be rid of it. Taking eyes off his diaper for the moment, he looked over at the top hat he had placed beside him.

“
Oh FINE
” he mumbled, using his tail to wrap around the base and pull it a little closer, the diaper crinkling again, and grabbed it. Studying it for a moment, he finally put it on and pouted.

“There you are!”

Randall jerked. Voice. It was Wazowski. He leaned again, finding Mike and Sulley coming up the hall, stopping when they saw Celia. “Great
” he mumbled.

After the brief introduction including “googly”, “bear”, and “smooch”

“Whatcha doin?” Mike asked, looking over the booth.

Celia placed the clipboard behind her back. “Setting up shop
it’s my duty to help with the party”

“You need any help?” Sulley asked.

Celia looked him over. “What are you Sulley?”

“Oh! Uh
Father Time
”

“Look great” she replied. “But to answer your question
I got help”. She turned, smiling. “Randall!”

Randall perked up, but stayed where he was, not wanting to come out. Unfortunately the three came over. In the instant, Mike took his first picture of the diapered lizard monster sitting on his rear. Randall instantly got to his feet, that is after a moment or two recovering his pupils from the flash.

“Micheal
” Celia muttered, placing a hand on Randall’s chest before he trotted him.

“So YOUR helping her?” Mike said, pointing at Randall, and ignoring Celia, something he would later regret.

Randall scuffed, straightening a little so his diaper was less visible. “YES
while YOU’VE been on a date with your camera
I’VE been working
”

“Didn’t know that was part of the job
” Sulley noted, morely thinking.

“Oh wish I had a second camera
Celia dear
you have one?”. He threw an arm around her
well
waist. “After all you’ll be working close with the padded tot”

“Alright that’s it
”

“Now Randall
” Celia started. But before she could finish, Randall marched forth and separated the two. Then he gripped Mike’s costume and, with little effort, or regret, flipped Mike onto his side, and gave a firm kick. Given his costume, Mike started to roll down the hall, rather fast.

“DAAHHH!!! SUUUULLLLLEEEEYYYY!!!”

Randall just stayed where he was, arms folded, and a pleased grin on his face. Celia looked at him with slight annoyance as Sulley raced after Mike. Randall noted Sulley himself had somewhat of a grin he was hiding. Randall cocked his head in Celia’s direction, seeing her expression, though it didn’t change his.

Chapter 6 Pain In The

Mike was walking now. Walking. Not rolling. But in-cased in that bottle of champagne was the forlorn expression on Wazowski’s face. Despite the straight path the halls, he had rolled for quite a bit. Several dodging “pedestrians”, a collection of Chalobie’s slime, and a crash into a box stand later
he finally stopped.

“Maybe you should
try a new costume Mikey
” Sulley said, walking beside him. Mike didn’t reply. Sulley had manage to hide his own smile through the escapade. “Well not like you didn’t des
”

“I am so going to get him back
” Mike mumbled. Sulley had no idea where they were heading, he was just following Mike. They past the Daycare Center. Sulley couldn’t remember going there.

But Mike noticed, halting near the door, getting a devilish look on his face.

“You DIDN’T have to do that
” Celia mumbled, idily patting the mittens for the Box Game booth on the side. Randall was on the wall nearby, nearly all limbs crossed.

“Blame your boyfriend for picking a costume that rolls” Randall chuckled, clearly enjoying the replay in his head.

Celia scuffed. “Men I swear
”

Randall chuckled again. “Coming from the woman who called me a kid”

Celia rolled he eye, as did her snakes. “Alright
but if Michael got hurt it’s your fault
”

“Oh please
” Randall started, turning his head. “Wazowski has the tenacity of a roach
”. “Hey Phil” he added when a monster resembling said insect passed by. Phil, he works in accounting.

“Well you BOTH need to grow up
” Celia stated, tapping the booth with a tentacle. “Where’s Betty? She’s suppose to be working this booth
”. She started asking passersby. “Jacob you see Betty?”

“No
” replied the shifting blue blob passing by.

“Ray? Seen Betty?”.The reply was some sort of buzzing noise, but it could be seen as a no.

“Oh for the love of
” Randall muttered.

“Well if you DON’T like waiting Randall
help me find her so we can start setting up the lobby
”

“Oh joy
like I’m going to be searching
” he started, getting off the wall and twiddling his arms in a fairy fashion. “
all over the place for one of your girlfriends”. Randall got one of the shocks from his life when Celia grabbed hold of his sash and pulled him right in front of her. Suffice to say, Randall was surprised.

“You don’t get it
Mr. Waternoose wanted me to organize this
and DON’T want to do a bad job
”. Randall blinked, swearing that if he wasn’t so in control of his bodily functions, the diaper would be a little heavier. Celia let go, despite Randall still being surprised. She turned, slightly blushing. “Sorry about that
”. She turned back. “It’s just I got this job and I don’t want to look like I can’t plan anything
I don’t want to look bad in front of the boss
”

Randall managed to get his speech back. “EXCUSE ME?” he started. “I don’t GET IT?”. He rose his left legs and directed attention, for once, at the diaper taped around him. “Whadaya think I’m wearing THIS for?” he added, shaking a leg and making it crinkle, lowering his legs a moment later. He folded his arms, almost serious, then it fell. “Teheheh
we’re a couple of suckups” he laughed.

“I guess
” Celia mumbled.

Randall shrugged. “FINE
I’ll look for Betty
in exchange
”. He adjusted his sash. “Don’t do that again”

“Mike
”

“Don’t blame me for being smart”. Sulley sighed, looking down and having to catch the glasses for his costume from falling. Mike was at the water cooler, filling up a pitcher he borrowed from one of the many coffee stations at the start of the Floors.

“You did deserve it you know
”

“Your just saying that
” Mike said, taking the pitcher filled with cold water from the cooler, shaking his other finger from holding down the button for so long.

“Alright fine
but I’M not having anything to do with it and it’s not gonna come back on me
” Sulley stated, almost stomping off
then going at a bit of a walk when he nearly tripped over his robe.
Mike simply chuckled, walking in the direction of the daycare center with a smirk on his face.

Through the search for the elusive scare assistant, Randall had to hold himself from causing two knockouts, seven slaps upside the head, and 53 snappy comments from the rest of the employees. Though the search was fruitful, Betty was either on her floor, the lobby, or visiting the kids in the Daycare. Well
he had already checked the lobby on his way back
and he did walk by the floor too

So, Randall was treading into the section he never expected to, searching for the door. Eventually he found it, looking inside. The familiar daycare items ranging from the stacked blocks to a “pen”, Randall got a good chuckle at that word, but no kids. “Great
”. He was about to go out, but stuck his head back in when he saw the familiar pale pink shape of one of the caregivers. “YO
Nesbit
”

The female caregiver turned her attention from a stack of papers near the office, a little gittery. Probably her one flaw in the job. “OH! Uhh
Randall
”. Randall rolled his eyes. She only knew him mostly by reputation and the fact his photo was in the lobby. Still, Ran was glad to be hiding the rest of his “costume” behind the door.

“Yeah
make this quick
where’s Betty?”

Nesbit held the files to her chest, thinking. “Betty? OH! Yes
she just left
said she was one of the booth operators tonight
”

Randall grumbled, muttering some obscenity. “Great
thanks
” he mumbled, moving his head from the doorway and shutting it before Nesbit could make any additional comment. No sooner than he’d closed the door, did Randall hear that “nails on chalkboard”, at least to him, voice.

“I KNOW I promised it
”

Randall slumped slightly, muttering his 137th obscenity of the day. He was about to add 138, that is until the small jabbering voices of kids alerted him. He hadn’t noticed the later till the familiar champagne bottle edging, curiously backwards, from around the corner. That was more than enough reason for him to leave. No sooner than he as 20 feet from the door

“THERE he is!”

Randall muttered number 138, quickening his pace and turning a corner. No sooner had he, slightly pushing a large mass out of his way, than did his feet trip on something that was moving under him.

Randall would’ve grabbed something, but the thought of installing railings everywhere in the building would seem more like a luxury than a need
still
Randall wished he COULD’VE grabbed on to something. He aimed to have his hands grab the floor, but it moved under him and soon found his upper body to the floor and his lower sticking up, including his padded tail. That was obscenity 139’s birth.
“OH! Sorry
Randall
”

Randall poked open his eyes in fringing frustration. Apologetic, slightly amused, and turning attention to him
could only be Sullivan. Sulley was amused at Randall’s reverse-rotated S shape, but was morely guilty as Randall had tripped on his robe. Sulley moved a little over, trying not to move the robe end too much. Randall just waved him away, getting his feet back on to the proper floor and brushing off his chest. When he turned, he caught Sullivan holding back a slight laugh from the fiasco.

“CUT
THAT
THING
” Randall mumbled, pointing without moving his arms down at the excess robe mass.

Sulley chagrined, knowing Randall was right. “Yeah
surprised it was so big
”

“Hope it costs the trouble” Randall mumbled again, but by this time his slightly venomed words were chopped up when he forgot what he was doing. Just when he remembered did Mike and a bunch of kids that SHOULD have been in the daycare center, came from around the corner. Wazowski seemed to have a gift and a curse of pointing things out. This one was a gift, as he had pointed directly at Randall when he came around the corner.

“SEE! Told ya kids!” he said, like a conspiracy nut pointing at a lamppost and calling it a flying saucer. Randall would’ve launched into a run, but another side of him aimed to slump and mutter as the gaggle of kids ran over in a fit of amusement, amazement, and disbelief. Randall was SO glad that he was sure none of the kids knew him properly. No sooner had they literally surround him than did they start looking him over.

“What’s with that weird hat?”. “OOoh! A ribbon thingy!”. “Wow! He’s a big baby!”

Randall resisted muttering out anything parents would feel “wrong” to say in front of kids. In fact, Randall had a mind just to push through them and get away, that and Wazowski taking the occasional picture hurt his eyes. He knew he would have to handle the kids first, then take care of Wazowski by rolling him into the trash compactor this time. But not knowing how to handle kids, aside from scareing them,

Randall had little knowledge of HOW to get rid of them. A few of them started poking his side or grabbing his arms, lowering him sometimes a bit, though he did manage to get them to let go.
The more older girls were going “aww” more than anything else, and it sounded just like Wazowski
though that was when the orb talked normally. They probably KNEW he wasn’t a real toddler, but were just as insistent to imagine as everyone else. One said he’d offer him a pacifier if he needed it, or a blanket, Randall mumbling at both offers but resisting the urge to say something. They were all laughing of course, enjoying what Mike had referred to them as a “large lizard still a baby”.

“He’s so big!” one little slug-like thing said, he barely was past Randall’s leg in height.

“HEY! He’s wearing a diaper like mine!” said a bat-looking thing to his left wearing a Little Scarer, a few of them were.

“Aww he’s so cute though!” said a girl blob, her supposed brother beside him laughing at the comment.
Randall was constantly giving “get off the topic” comments to the kids for their reactions, looking to find a way out and at all possible leave. He paused when he heard a slight ripping sound. Looking down and raising a leg, one of the kids was pulling the left tape of his diaper. He quickly got on his back legs and backed up, slipping the tape back to the front before it came off, turning on the kid.

“Hey! Whadaya think your doing?” he growled, though the kid, the bat-looking one, was hardly scared.

“Dats MINE!” he said, in the style most parents hated their kids doing. He aimed to step on Randall’s foot, though his thin claws hardly did anything. But, all the same Randall was tempted to pick the kid up and give him a one on one talking to. Needless to say, Randall was on the verge of doing it. He leaned down, which looked kind of strange since he was on two legs and half against a wall.

“LISTEN
kid
” Randall started, a finger jabbed in the kid’s direction. “IF you get a job here
YOU try doing this “tradition”
”. Sulley was watching him be strict, wondering when to chime in to halt Randall from going too far, that is till his attention turned to something else behind him. “YOU be annoyed by kids
”

“Uhh
Randall
” Sulley started, trying to get his attention.

“Quiet I’m talking
And YOU try looking happy about it” Randall continued without looking back. Perhaps that was his biggest mistake.

While Randall was giving a talking to to Jacob, a son of one of the accouters, he wasn’t sure, Mike was inching his way behind him. Sulley was more focused on making sure Randall didn’t throttle any of the kids, though
was probably sure he wouldn’t go that far
probably. He hadn’t notice Mike come up with the water pitcher in time to properly tell Randall

Mike very carefully slipped a finger into the waistband of his diaper. With one quick motion, the green orb pulled back on the elastic and poured the entire pitcher of cool water into the seat of Randall’s diaper. It probably goes without saying that Randall was quite surprised at the sudden feeling of cold wetness on the bottom of his rump. He had only just noticed the feeling the waistband of his diaper getting stretched at pulling against his stomach a bit when he felt the water poured down into his seat.

He started turning his head over his shoulder but never got the chance to finish. When the cold sensation splashed all over his seat, soaking the diaper, he gave a yelp. His whole body shivered as he felt the cold water get absorbed into the padding around his tail.

Of course, Mike thought the whole display of the Top Scarer squealing out loud at the sensation of his diaper getting wet was a laugh riot. He nearly fell over, clutched his sides. Randall took a moment to recover from the shock, he growled a little bit, turning to face his Mike, who was wiping tears from his eyes, he was laughing so hard. He looked about as intimidating as he could, standing there with a diaper that had started to obviously sag in between his legs from the weight of the water it had absorbed.

“YOUR DEAD!!!”.

Mike managed an “uh oh” before Randall leaped for him, albeit tripping over Sullivan’s robes AGAIN. Mike had to gull to snap a picture with his camera, having dropped the pitcher. But he didn’t have long, droopy diaper or not, Randall got to his feet and sprung at him, Mike running for dear life. The kids chased in turn, following the scene, leaving Sulley alone in the hall.

“
Good grief
” Sulley muttered.

And now that it’s 12:00 at least here, it’s officially New Years Day. And here’s the second to last chapter. The next will be later on today.

Chapter 7 Party Woes

The party was in full swing not more than an hour later. Nearly everyone was donned in costumes, ranging from cut-out stars to famous people from the year, to just showing off their most expensive-looking suits. The lobby was the most occupied at once, having tables filled with party food and drinks, and decorations in the ceiling, including balloons that could release come the new year. Although it wasn’t night, any windows were covered with colored paper and the lights were dimmed, probably to enhanced the multi-color self-powered lights that were placed around the lobby’s ceiling rim. The music was being played from speakers near the entrance, the disc player to the side and watched over by one of the employees. It wasn’t too loud though, so that if an important call came into the lobby, they wouldn’t be drummed out. There were few people dancing, as nobody wanted to looked like an idiot in the workplace, so many contented to talking to one another by the food tables as if the party was an extended coffee break.

Speaking of coffee

Sulley was in the back of the lobby, behind the reception desk, watching the party. He was, of course, giving waves, but he didn’t quite want to take an active role just yet. To his left, Ceiling was standing looking between the party and a clipboard she had. She was double checking to make sure she had everything.

And between them was Randall, slumped and sulking. He looked just like a kid that was put in time out by his parents and was none too happy about it, and his sagging diaper added more the illusion, though Randall was thankfully hardly anybody had noticed it’s changed form since this morning.

It wasn’t till Celia interrupted Randall’s path in throttling her potential love interest, that Randall halted his pursuit. Having explained the scenario, somewhat shamefully, Randall was between dropping the whole tradition then and there, especially when Celia asked why his diaper was soggy. It took Randall a firm point-by-point that it wasn’t HIS fault.

Humorously Celia believed him, knowing in the time with Mike that it would be the sort of thing he’d do, and suggested he get himself a “diaper change”. Randall firmly denied needing it in that sense of course, saying instead it would rather be a “re-fitting”. Unfortunately for him, Celia dragged him back to the lobby, stating the party would start soon and that she didn’t have time to give him a new one, hence Randall’s forlorn expression. Then again the thought of getting something as awkward as a diaper change at his age gave Randall the chills.

Still, Randall was as moody as ever.

“I don’t think anybody would notice
I can’t” Sulley said, shrugging. Sulley himself had had his own laugh session when he saw Randall again, but it was more of sight than predicament. It was funny enough seeing his old, well not really “old” in any sense", wearing a diaper and a top hot, but it wasn’t in his wildest dreams imagining he would use the former. Of course, Sulley reminded himself it was due to Mike, but the hilarity was still there.

“And nobody will notice Wazowski unless on a slime carton
” Randall muttered in reply, though not changing his expression.

“Now Randall
” Celia said with a smile.

“I’ll bury him along with this
” Randall started, shaking the sash. “And THIS” he added, pointing to the droopy diaper around his legs.

“If you want I could see if I can find a spare now” Celia offered, noticing the smile on Sulley’s face.

“I’m already wearing the darned thing
I’m NOT going through it AGAIN” Randall muttered. There was no way in this life or any life he would give Celia that sort of satisfaction. He wanted out of it sure, but not when it meant going through the escapade in 18F again, and certainly not now with the halls occupied.

“Have it your way
” Celia shrugged, noticing one of the phones with a call button, heading off to pick it up.

“I DID tell Mike not to do it” Sulley said again. He had been saying it over ten times now, and it was starting to get annoying.

“Instead of repeating yourself
you’d best find him before I do
” Randall muttered, looking at him. “Or I’ll have a “bottle of wine” that I’ll pour in one of the toilet stalls till it’s empty”. Randall turned back to the party, scanning for any sign of Mike. Sulley had to stop him from rushing at any camera flashes when he saw them, not taking the time to see they were all taken by someone else.

“Kind of ironic
” Sully said, morely for the joke.

Randall puffed, folding his arms and flicking his tail, absent mindly making the diaper shift. He was actually surprised that it held a full pitcher, grateful he didn’t leave a trail of water when he came back into the lobby. Then again Little Scarers WERE the choice brand for kids, and with millions of parents buying them they HAD to be efficient. Randall scoffed at thinking that. The sooner this night was over, the better. And the sooner Wazowski was dumb enough, which evolution dictates he is, to show himself in the next few minutes, even better there better.

“Ugh
” Randall muttered, Mike’s “little” joke and his own comment of what to do to the orb if he saw them again churned in his stomach. “I gotta go and do something private” he added, scurrying, as best he could with a wet diaper, off before Celia and Sullivan could make any good humored comment.

“It just won’t let me go will it
”. Randall had gone through nearly all the first floor restrooms. Of course, with most of the action in the lobby or, as he saw later, the auditorium, every one of them swarmed with employees. Whether that they needed to, had too much punch, or simply to annoy other people he was unsure. Not that he cared. Though he DID care that there was barely enough room to move around, and even more so that there were facsimiles of LINES for the stalls. Honestly, Randall hadn’t seen anything like it. Well
aside from that day the cafeteria served Minced Spice Blob. Just another fair reason Randall enjoyed off-site dining.

And right now he was edging to accept humility and loss of dignity to go out of the factory and use another “facility”. He was leaning a shoulder against the wall that held the sinks, between two larger employees that probably wouldn’t get much in the way of privacy compared to the size of the stalls. Randall as quick enough and everyone was too busy going back and forth to notice him, all the fine to him.

Randall had crossed his legs over the diaper he was wearing, and jabbed a finger at the furry monster in front of him. “What’s taking so long?!”

The mon didn’t even turn around, just as disgruntled as he was. “Guess the guy ate part of the table
and he’s working it out
”

“Charming
” Randall muttered in thought. Oh well, less of a table to push back to the storage room if he had to.

“Hey
what ARE you doing here?” the blue fleshy monster with small rough stubs on his back said, poking Randall in the shoulder.

Randall eyed him. “What are YOU doing here?”. He turned away. “Good
now that that touche’ moment is over
still waiting for a darned stall to open” he quickly said, though he didn’t say “darn” exactly.

“I mean looks like you’ve already “gone”
”

Randall growled, getting off the wall and pointing at the employee, who, he guessed, was probably a scarer on another floor. “WHAT DID YOU SAY?”

His tail incidentally hit the furry monster in front of him, making the rather large shadow cast over Randall from the light. “Hey watch it
oh
heheheh
NICE costume
”

Randall dropped his hands. If there wasn’t such a thing as “assault” or “employee policy”, Randall would’ve sharp elbowed the fleshy guy and drop kicked the furry in a heart beat. But unfortunately, violence wasn’t part of his job. Sure, it was with Wazowski, but Randall considered that more of a pastime than a job.

“Yeah
seems it’s full!” the scarer chuckled, despite probably unaware it was.

“Heh
yeah” the furry started, turning. “Hey! Anybody got a spare diaper!?”

“Alright THAT’S IT!” Randall yelled, getting out of “line” and marching for the exit. Meanwhile, everyone else had turned their attention to the furry who had yelled, thinking that HE was asking for a certain something. Needless to say, that was probably a start for George Sanderson’s unlucky turnarounds.

Randall went straight to Celia, and found a little satisfaction that she was talking to Mike. Needless to say the little orb’s self-obsessiveness dropped when he ran back into the crowd. Randall digressed, he’d throttle him later. She got Celia’s attention and pulled her over to the reception desk.

“Alright I’m done with this
When is this stupid speech of mine suppose to START?” he said, trying to keep his anger inside the restroom.

Celia blinked, waiting for Randall to take a step back. “Uhh
after Waternoose’s
”

“WHAT?”

As if on some ironic cue, the big crab himself stepped up to the reception desk, giving a nod to Randall and Celia, only the later giving a replying nod. She quickly pushed Randall out of his front visual view. The CEO clattered his few, yet thin clip notes, on the top of the reception circle. With one claw he turned on the mike that was plugged into one of the sockets under the desk. Usually the mike was unplugged and placed in one of the drawers, but was used to give a floor-to-floor announcement. Usually this would be for special visitors for certain personnel, important packages, or similar circumstances so that they could reach whomever they needed in short time. Sometimes it had interfered with the Scare Floor speakers, but a rerouting cable had solved that. Now, Waternoose used it to give his speech over the company halls.

“Men and Women
and other” Waternoose started, gesturing at a blob who worked down in management, who gurgled a response. “Thus ends our 99th year and our first step into the new millennium
”. He paused, seeing he had everyone’s attention. “When my grandfather Floyd took over Monsters Lmt. and made it the corporation powerhouse it is today
”. He paused again, some murmurs here and there.

Randall blinked, recalling that Floyd was already deceased. In fact, there was a memorial day for him. Waternoose continued. “And now, as we step into the near year
I know that my
and
our company will aim for a brighter future”. “I thank you all for your ambition
”. He looked at a small group of scare assistants near one of the tables, albeit where Mike was hiding. “Your determination”. He moved his eyes to Celia and Randall, the former blushing, the later shrugging. “And
your prosperous hard work
”

He was looking at Sulley, who was pretty near the reception desk, when he said that. Waternoose took a strange pause there before continuing. “So I ask you all to enjoy the rest of the evening
tomorrow will be a fresh start
and I look forward to much improvement from us
and through that
improvement for our fair costumers of the whole city
”. He rose a clawed finger. “Because our new motto proves just that
”. “We scare
”

“Because we care!” the rest of the crowd added in, some absent, in unison. Whether it was scripted for the speech or done on a whim nobody absent knew.

“Exactly
” Waternoose added, folding the cards behind his back. “Now I’ve babbled on long enough
time for your Top Scarer to say a few words”

Halfly engrossed in the speech, Randall was a bit taken back when Celia shoved him over to the desk, nearly bumping into Waternoose. Though thankfully he had taken a step or two away before crashing in. Needless to say, Randall was unsure what to say, though thankfully that the unfavored part of his costume was over shadowed by the desk made him a little thankful. Coughing, he decided to drum up any public speeches he made in his life

Too bad there wasn’t any. But he knew somethings you just had to wing.

“Ahem”. He tapped the mike, thankful again that he didn’t cause that ear shattering noise. He folded all arms behind his back, then swiftly went up to remove the hat on his fronds, placing it also behind his back. “I’m
not sure exactly what to say that Mr. Waternoose hasn’t already
” he grinned, looking at the bos, who seemed modest. “But so far for me
it’s been a good year at Monsters Inc
sure
some unexpectations
but with a job like this
it’s always unique
”. Some had a chuckle at that, though he was unsure why. “It’s umm
allot of firsts for allot of us
and if I do recall there was allot of worry about this year
”

Somebody said “oh that Crazy Steve kills me
” with a laugh, though they became embarrassed when no one else agreed about the talk show host. A second loss from George.

“But
I figure that if this years turned out alright
the next shouldn’t be something to worry about”. “I think as long as there’s somebody to scare and there’s somebody that needs that scream
then we truly have nothing to be uncertain about”. He paused, that seemed to work for Waternoose, and seemed to for him. How uncanny. But he did want to make this short. “And so lets look forward to tomorrow
”. He folded his arms. “After all
know somebody would want to try to beat my score
”. There were a few laughs here and there, though each one Randall could tell were good sporting or the kind that wouldn’t ever beat him.
“That’s MY new years resolution!” someone yelled over with the noise. Wazowski’s voice. Bingo. Randall ignored it for the moment.

“So
”. He placed the hat back on. “Happy New Year
”. Though it was uncongratulatory, everyone else expected it to be and gave cheers and threw packets of confetti. Randall simply walked back and pulled a rope that connected overhead, the balloons and additional confetti fall in a gallery of colors. Some starred with awe, others went back to their conversations, some got more wacky than usual, and others simply remained unchanged. Sulley was a bit embarrassed when one of his horns hit a balloon, sending it spiraling a little before it hit another one. Then again he was still thankful. Thankful he was no longer a janitor
or else he’d had to clean all this up.

Randall waited till all the balloons fell to the floor before moving, though he paused when Jerry came over, having talked with Waternoose during the drop. He handed him three envelopes first. “These are for helping out with the preparations and everything” he informed, then produced a small silver trophy, with New Year 2000 engraved. Randall took both, looking them over.

“Oh
I am SO filled with happiness right now” he said, in a sarcastic tone, till Jerry left, dropping any smile he had. With a scuff, he looked over the envelopes. Just the same ones the role was promised. He paused at one, gave a bit of a sigh, and then moved over to Celia.

Chapter 8 Happy New Year

“Here”. Without looking at first, Randall shoved the envelope in Celia’s direction.

“What’s this
?”

“Just take it” he murmured.

He lowered his hand when she did, opening it and looking at the Reservation Coupon for Chimes. “This
is
”

“Just something for helping me out” Randall said word for word, like a kid who was saying sorry for something.

Celia paused, looking between the coupon and him. “
Thanks Randall
OH! And here
”. She hustled behind the reception desk and pulled out the card she had made, putting it in his hand. “See
I DID make one for you
doesn’t
quite match up to this but
”

“Ahh
consider it something for nothing in my book heh” Randall chuckled. He looked past Celia to see Wazowski still behind scare assistants. “Besides
I happen to know your “boyfriend” came up short
consider this my unintended butting in” he grinned. Celia blinked.

“He
what?”

Randall blinked this time. Unleashing a woman’s fury
poor Wazowski. “Yep
he’s right over there” he said, pointing in Wazowski’s direction. Celia turned, all snakes going a bit uncertain to what she would do. She paused, turning to Randall.

“Thanks again Randall
you know
we should have lunch sometime
”
Randall blinked. “Sure
and also a little help with getting THIS darned thing off” he said, gesturing the dropping diaper taped around his tail.

She chuckled at that. “Sure
”. Then she turned. “Just give me a minute with Michael
”. Then, she marched forward in a firm pace, aiming to have a “little talk” with her “googlybear”.

After the party, the janitors and the new ones Smitty and Needlemen were in charge of clearing the lobby for tomorrow. Some stayed behind to help, though most went home either walking down the street in a bit of a swerve or car pooling. It was certainly strange seeing everyone pile out of Monsters Inc. as if it were a nightclub, though in some fairness it probably was that night.

Sulley stayed back to help clean up, having been in the job himself, though made sure to un-costume himself as his robe had more than once got caught in a vacuum. Celia pretty much gave Mike a talking to that he’d remember coming into the new year, though they quickly reconciled at Chimes, Wazowski drawing up any charm and devinarness he had at the time, little did he know his only meal there was thanks to, in his mind, his mortal enemy. Oh well, a little secret Celia kept to herself.

Randall didn’t stay for the entirety of the party, but enjoyed himself to an extent. He did inform Celia when he was leaving to help him with his costume, and she did, having left Mike with his mouth wide open, head filled with a woman’s anger. Needless to say, the second time was still funny.

Randall took his normal route home, amused at some of the early leavers walking half-drunk home, or faking it. He heard a T.V. following the celebration at the Monstropolis Art Gallery when he came home, carrying a box. He set it beside his couch and turned on his own set, changing to the same channel. Cracking his knuckles, he opened the box. Inside was everything he had for the New Years, including some grab-bag stuff and some stuff from the tables he grabbed before he left. He got those out and put it in his lonely fridge, heading back and getting out the the envelopes and tossing them on the couch. And last he grabbed the hat, sash, and diaper. He didn’t want to leave anything behind to bite him in the tail later on, and didn’t want Mike going as far as to use any of them against him.

He threw the sash over the coat hanger bar in his closet and placed the hat on the upper panel, which he had cleared later, and tossed the diaper in his empty trash bin. He’d get rid of that thing later.

Shoving the box off, he laid on the couch and watched everyone outside Monsters Inc. celebrate. A bit of him wondered why though
not like the year would be any different. Maybe it’s because it’s the new millennium
that could be a good enough reason. But it was still the same really. He turned on his side, funny enough starring at the diaper smudged against the bottom of the white plastic bag. Just then he remembered something, and had quite the chuckle fit, as it was an all day blunder someone

Wazowski jumped with joy to his car, letting Celia in first before getting in the driver’s seat. “To Chime’s my dear
”. Well
he TRIED to get in the driver’s seat, his costume making him impossible to get in. He quickly got out of it and tossed it in the back, getting in. He moved the camera around his neck, hearing Celia chuckle.

“Umm
Mike
did you have that on since you brought it?”

“Have what on?” Mike asked, seeing her point to the camera. He looked it over and noticed what he hadn’t noticed this morning. He shrieked like a girl when he realized the implications.

“I HAD THE LENS CAP ON!?”

At that exact moment, a fair distance from the M.I. parking lot, Randall began laughing