P-9000: The Clensing (An M.I. Fanfiction)

I had originally decided to abort this idea, but, upon the apparent popularity of my reference to T2, I decided to upload it here. I got the idea originally by listening to the Terminator 1 soundtrack, so yes, it’s heavily based on the Terminator movies.

Hope you all enjoy it!

(Caution: Though the POV is omniscient, there is emphasis on Randall’s story, especially in the beginning)

P-9000: The Clensing (A Monsters, Inc. Fanfiction)

Over 2 billion monster lives ended on March 16, 2012, when the human race found out about their existance. The few who survived lived only to face a war they hoped they never would.

The resistance, surprisingly, was led by a human: Mary O’Connor, who had grown up with monsters as a child. Alas, the others found out, and an assasination was attempted.

With the latest technology, a team of humans sent someone back in time to kill her when she first entered the Monster World. The resistance had no time to send someone back as well, so they had to pray that their past selves would find out in time.

Chapter One

New Orleans, LA; November 1, 2001, 11:59 PM

Mark Richardson loved the outdoors. For instance, it was typical of him to drive his car outside of the city in the middle of the night just to look at the stars, as he was doing now. Such stargazing also gave him time to think, often about the unknown. Was there really intelligent life out there?

As Mark kept his head upwards, he noticed one of the stars getting brighter. He squinted his eyes, trying to figure out where it was headed.

As it got rapidly larger, he realized. Immediately he hurled himself off of the hood of his car. The “star” impacted the ground, causing his car to flip over, killing him.

Amid the flames and burning plants there now lay another figure. Black clothes covered his pale skin, including a jacket made out of alligator skin. As he got up, some strands of straight, blond hair remained over one of his eyes. But the creepiest detail were the eyes themselves: the irises were so blood-red that they practically illumiated his vision.

He glanced at Mark’s body, then proceeded to flip the car right-side-up with unnatural strength. Having obtained a vehicle, he now began his mission, driving into the distance.

Randall Boggs was now hating his life. First, he spent years working on a machine that cost him his physical and mental welfare. Then, the test subject for the machine, a human kid, had escaped into the Monster World. Now, he had just discovered that the cause of the kid’s escape was none other than one of his worst enemies, Mike Wazowski.

“WHERE’S THE KID!?” the lizard monster demanded out of Wazowski, having pinned him against the wall.

“Kid?” the giant eyeball lied. “What kid?”

“It’s here in the factory, isn’t it!?” Randall continued, looking around the hallway.

“You’re NOT pinning this on me!” Mike retorted, blowing his cover in the process. “It wouldn’t have gotten out if YOU hadn’t been cheating last night!”

“Cheating!? I-” Randall started. That was one of the most ridiculous things he had ever been accused of. But then he stopped. He realized that Mike knew where he had been, however misguided he was.

“Cheating. Right…” Randall resumed, in a calmer voice. “Okay. I think I know how to make this all go away. What happens when the whistle blows in a few more hours?”

“Uh…” Mike stammered. “I get a time-out?”

“Everyone leaves work!” the lizard monster yelled, frustrated by his rival’s apparent stupidity. But he recomposed himself, nonetheless. “…which means the Scare Floor will be…?”

“…painted?”

“EMPTY!” Randall exploded, now shaking his enemy violently. “It’ll be EMPTY, you idiot!!” You see that clock!?” Randall now started playing with Mike’s arms, so as to make it absolutely clear to the idiot. “When the big hand is pointing UP, and the little hand is pointing SIDEWAYS, the kid’s door will be in my station. But when the big hand points DOWN…” they could hear Mike’s arm breaking as Randall brought it down, “…the door will be gone. You have until then to put the kid back. Get the picture?”

Mike nodded, whimpering as he did so.

A doorbell rang, and Mrs. O’Connor answered the door to the blond-haired, black-clothed figure.

“Are you the legal guardian of Mary O’Connor?” the figure asked.

The mother looked confused. “…Yes. What’s all this about?”

“I need to ask her a few questions,” he lied.

“No you’re not! You’re going to do something to her! Why else would a stranger appear!?”

The figure pointed a loaded shotgun in her direction. “Lead her to me, now!” he demanded.

Mrs. O’Connor, trembling from the life and death situation, reluctantly opened the door, letting the figure walk in.

“Upstairs, f-first door on the right,” she stammered.

After a few minutes, the figure returned to her. “She’s not here.”

“WHAT!?” Mrs. O’Connor immediately ran to her daughter’s bedroom, only to find that he was right.

“I’m waiting here until she returns,” the figure added, not letting her give him permission.

Chapter Two

Randall had honestly expected Wazowski to break the deal, but he had to do this in case he stayed true to his “word”. The lizard monster was currently hiding under the Mary’s bed, waiting for the kid to return.

He was ready to check a watch he had brought with him, when the closet door finally opened. He gripped the large box next to him in anticipation. Soon enough, he heard someone jumping on the bed.

He was just about to hurl the box over whoever it was, but then he noticed; he didn’t recall the door to the rest of the house being open by a crack. He glanced up, and about in the middle of the crack there were two hollow, metal cylinders, aimed in the direction of the bed.

Not a moment too soon, Randall flipped the bed over, having realized what it was. It fired, denting the bottom of the bed. He quickly got up in an attempt to get the kid, only to find…

“WAZOWSKI!?” he exclaimed.

Another shot fired, this time just barely missing the lizard monster’s head fronds. He quickly turned around to see that the blond, red-eyed human in black clothes had finally revealed himself.

Immediately, Randall burst out of the room, only to run into another one of his enemies, James Sullivan, accompanied by the kid in a costume.

“Give me the kid, Sullivan!” the lizard monster yelled.

His furry nemesis did not even have time to decline, for the door was now thrust open, throwing Randall to the side in the process, revealing the blond human.

The human stared coldly at Mary, almost as if trying to calculate what she was. Then he started marching rapidly towards her…only to be snatched away by an invisible force.

The human gave a look of enraged surprise, then started shifting his eyes around at an unusual, bird-like speed. HE then finally spotted his target, screaming as she was being carried away by the invisible force.

Randall did not know why he did it in retrospect; at the time, he could’ve just gotten another kid. All that mattered now, however, was that he did it, Mary clearly not pleased about it, to put it lightly. Finally, the screaming blew the lights, causing Randall to temporarily loose his place.

The human expected this, however, and grabbed him by the tail, now hurling him around like a ragdoll. Randall accidentally let go of the kid in the process, and now she was trying her hardest to run away. It took the lizard monster some time to recover from the constant pain, but he finally threw a blow to red-eyes, throwing him onto the floor from such a force.

Picking up the kid again, and she resuming her wailing from something she feared, Randall resumed sprinting, only to collide into his assistant, Fungus Oz.

“You have the kid!?” Fungus exclaimed. “Oh! Huzz-”

“SHUT UP, FUNGUS!!” Randall screeched, picking him up as well.

After some time, the three of them finally made it into the lobby, where Randall could see it was raining outside. A monster intern named Needleman gasped upon seeing what was chasing them, only to be shot dead. The human, upon his first kill, discarded the weapon, apparently out of ammunition.

As Randall burst into the street with Fungus and the kid, the human slowed down to a halt at the glass doors. Randall turned around in confusion. The human stayed in place, staring at the puddles before him, then glaring up to the lizard monster. Finally, he turned around and walked back into the building.

Having no threat at the moment, Randall resumed his journey to his motorbike, letting down Fungus in the process. Mary still would not stop wailing at her greatest phobia.

“Kitty!” she called every so often.

Finally, upon getting to his bike, Randall couldn’t take it anymore. He thrust her into his face and yelled, “Will you SHUT UP!? Your “Kitty” isn’t coming for you!!”

As soon as he said this, however, he regretted it; Mary began to wail even louder, tears now starting to form out of her eyes. As Randall stared at this scene, something inside him seemed moved. It seemed to remind him of something…

“Randall?” Fungus asked, driving Randall out of his thoughts.

“I’m fine!” Randall lied. He started up the bike, and they headed home.

Chapter Three

“He has her, now,” Sullivan muttered, fear in his voice.

“Sulley!” Mike cried. “Will you stop getting attached to that…that THING!? Besides, there’s nothing that can be done, now!”

“Mike, do you have any idea how afraid she is of Randall!?”

“Oh, and she shouldn’t be afraid of you!?”

Sullivan began to retort, but paused. “I don’t care about that, anymore.”

All this fighting aroused the hearing of the human figure, who now started walking towards the hallways it was coming from. He turned the corner to find nobody, then walked off.

The two had remembered the new threat in time.

After a few minutes of silence, Mike started to speak. “So, you want to head home, now?”

Sullivan looked horrified at the idea of just abandoning the kid, but he agreed nonetheless.

Those eyes. Those fearful, innocent eyes. They were beginning to scar Randall’s already-troubled mind. Mary was now huddled in the corner of his run-down apartment, watching him attempt to eat dinner. It finally occurred to him that the paint peeling off the walls and the rotting wooden floors certainly didn’t help his image. Yet what could he do about it? It was all he could afford.

“Randall?” Fungus asked.

“What part of “I’m fine” don’t you understand!?” Randall snapped.

He attempted to take another chunk of meat, only to finally realize: his hand was trembling.

He couldn’t take it anymore. “Fine!!” he exploded to his roommate. “I’m NOT all right!! And it doesn’t mean anything to someone as careless as you!!”

Fungus looked confused.

As the lizard monster felt tears starting to form, he pinned Fungus’ head to the kid’s direction. “Look at her, Fungus! Doesn’t this look familiar to you, as someone who’s been with me for years!? She’s scared, Fungus! And she doesn’t even know what we have to do to her yet!!”

Fungus stood dumbfounded, his head finally being let go. “Randall, it’s not-”

“SHUT UP, FUNGUS!!” Randall yelled. “Of course humans are sentient!! Why else would we be hiding from their parents!?”

Fungus hesitated; his superior, as much as he hated to admit it, had a point.

Randall now diverted his attention to Mary. She was obviously completely shocked at what had just happened. Was something she was convinced wanted to eat her really so vulnerable?

Slowly the lizard monster made his way over to her, bringing his head level to hers.

“Hi,” Randall said calmly, a sad tone still present in his voice. He then extended a hand out to her.

“What are you doing!?” Fungus shrieked.

Randall whipped his head around, softly shaking his head to him. He then turned back to Mary, who was still trying to figure this out.

“I’m a friend, now,” Randall whispered to her. “Please believe me.”

For a few more minutes, the girl stayed in place, trying to make a decision. Then, slowly, she extended her own hand out to Randall’s gecko-like one, the united hands now clasping together. Then she immediately hurled herself into Randall’s body, both of them sobbing their eyes out.

More to come, so stay tuned! :smiley:

Chapter Four is up! :smiley:

Randall woke up, feeling Mary snuggling next to him. Moving as little as possible, so as not to wake her up, he reached for the radio on his night table.

“…yet another human has compromised Monstropolis, proven much more dangerous than the first. This human, in the shape of an adult, has murdered several monsters since last night, and anonymous witnesses saw the human rob a gunstore earlier this morning, killing the owner in the process.”

Another voice on the radio took over, evidently one of the witnesses. “I saw the figure walk out of the store with who-knows-how-many guns and grenades towards the southern side of the city, near Razor Lane.”

Randall’s eyes bugged out, slowly turning his head towards the mechanism; he and Fungus were the only monsters he knew who lived there. There was no other possible explanation; somehow he found out where they were. Immediately he shoved the kid out of the bed and yelled at his assistant to wake them up.

Mary sat on the floor, fear returning to her eyes.

“The other one’s coming!” he yelled at Fungus, who now stumbled from the tone of voice.

Mary whimpered. Randall knew the sound was addressed to him.

“Look,” he said to the kid, “There’s no time for this to continue, okay?”

Mary remained unconvinced.

“Mary,” he said, finally remembering her name, “I know you’re afraid of me. But do you want to remain here alone and most likely be killed? I don’t think so. You HAVE to trust me!”

Upon finishing his minispeech, he extended his arm out again. Mary stared at the hand for a few seconds. As soon as the hands touched again, Randall grabbed her and stuffed her into her costume.

“Just be quiet,” Randall advised, “and you’ll be alright.”

The three of them finally walked out of the apartment. Heading to the elevator, they saw heard one of them ring. Walking over to it, Randall was about to enter…

…only to see the adult human waiting there.

Randall hurled the kid to Fungus. “RUN!!” he yelled. As soon as Fungus obeyed, Randall was pinned down against the floor, the human’s hand squeezed tightly around the lizard monster’s throat. He could feel the lack of air suffocating him within a short time. It almost felt unnatural, the force of the squeezing…almost like a machine.

But then he noticed: a shotgun was revealed behind the human’s clothes. He tried his best to reach for it, but he remembered his arms were too short. Yet he still persisted.

Finally, he was able to reach the trigger, which fired in the human’s chin. Randall whipped out the gun from the jacket and fired again at the human, causing him to fall halfway through a nearby window, impaled on a shard of broken glass.

Having killed his enemy, Randall discarded the gun, and started to walk away. But then he heard a weird noise, like the shifting of intestines on a sharp blade. He whipped around to see the impossible: the figure pulled himself off of the window shard, and whipped his head from side to side, realigning the neck.

Randall gaped in a horrific realization. “You’re not human!” he uttered.

The figure glared back. Then it started to reach for its shotgun, only to be fired at again.

Then the chase resumed, the figure armed with backup pistols, firing whenever it had the chance.

Fungus had never felt so disgusted. Just the idea of holding a human, even in a costume, made him feel grossed out. Yet times were desperate, so he just kept running, eventually finding Randall’s bike in the parking garage.

Just as he was about to start it up (he had acquired an set of keys in case), he fell down, a deep rumbling shaking the building. Smoke started to billow from the stairs, followed shortly by his superior.

“What was that!?” Fungus shrieked.

“It’s got grenades!!” Randall yelled, zipping onto his motorbike.

“‘It’?” Fungus asked.

“It’s not human, Fungus! I impaled it and it acted like it was unhurt!”

Then a small metal object landed near their feet. Just seconds after Randall sped them off, it exploded, leaving the figure to run after them at inhuman speed.

A CDA agent in a human-like shape was nearby, who ended up getting killed by the figure. At an incredible rate it stripped him, putting the yellow suit onto itself. Then it resumed the chase.

Finally, when they got near Monsters, Inc., the project fired a shot at one of the tires.

“F—!” Randall cursed, he and his companions falling off of the bike in the process. Injured, they could only watch as the figure, now clad in a CDA uniform, slowed down and aimed at them…

…Only to be run over by a speeding car.

Sullivan, late for work, did not intend to kill anyone. Immediately he stopped the car, which screeched very loudly as it slowed down, and checked the agent, who actually got up, seemingly unhurt.

“Are you all right!?” the hairy monster asked.

The figure paused for a few seconds. Then it said, in a rather cold, eerie voice, “Fine.” It turned its head back to where Randall, Fungus, and Mary lay, only to find that they already left. Slowly it walked into the building, searching for them.

Again, more to come…

…Beuller?..Bueller?

Seriously, if the lack of popularity here has to do with my writing style, I’ll understand.

Anyway, Chapters 5 to 8 now up.

Chapter Five

Agent #2 stared at the body of Needleman, then to the shotgun nearby.

“So, what you’re saying is, it’s a human model gun?” he asked one of the other agents.

“There are no monster models like that that exist. So yes, the killer HAS to be human.”

They were interrupted by another agent on #2’s communicator: “Sir, I’ve just found some interesting information on the security videos.”

“Proceed.”

“Two nights ago, one of the Scarers left a door activated, which, to cut a long story short, released one of the humans. Then yesterday, the door was activated again, releasing the killer one, and three other monsters were also nearby when it happened.”

“Got any names?”

“I’m checking the profiles right now.”

A pause, then all of the agents, including the disguised “human”, overheard, “Be on the lookout for four monsters who are responsible for releasing the humans. #1: last name: Boggs, first name: Randall. Description: reptilian male, 5 ½ feet high…”

This aroused the interest of the fraud, causing it to search at a more rapid rate, in case a true agent got to him first. Its first destination was the locker rooms, where it soon heard muffled high-pitched sounds, which it identified after a few seconds as Mary. He headed over to locker #742, Randall’s locker, and opened the locker to find the kid, now changing her sounds into screams.

As the being was about to fire, he was blown to the side by an all-too-familiar force. This time, however, the fraudulent agent took it a step further by shooting the force dead in the tail, causing Randall to reveal himself, shrieking in agony.

The shrieks aroused the attention of everyone nearby, including several true agents. The agents arrested the injured lizard monster, allowing the perfect opportunity for the fraud to snatch the kid from the locker and walk off.

Sullivan, just walking in, saw the two of them immediately, and his parental rage took control. Immediately he charged for the figure, causing it to run as well.

As it exited the locker room, it checked its chest. Four grenades left. It took the pin off of one and carelessly tossed it behind him, blowing up the pursuing agents.

The figure made into a hallway, where it burst through a door. It was a dead end; it was just a small balcony with metal rails.

Finally it resorted to fight mode, whipping out5 its favorite shotgun, only to have to fight with Sullivan over the possession of it. The two stood there, each trying to pry it out of the other’s arm. Finally, Sullivan shoved the figure, causing it to drop the kid and allowing him to snatch the gun and shoot the figure, causing it to fall off the railing.

As soon as he committed the crime, he was pinned down by some more agents.

“James P. Sullivan,” an agent said. “You’re under arrest for human release and for the murder of-“

“THE BODY’S GONE!!” an agent yelled. All turned to the ground below them. There was a garbage dumpster with blood smears, but there was no “agent”.

Chapter Six

“And why, dare I ask, did you dare to release the humans?” an agent asked quite rudely to Randall.

“I can’t tell you, all right!?”

All he got in return was a smack across the face. “And why can’t you tell us, lizard boy!? Afraid to be exposed?”

Trying his hardest to ignore the racist remark, Randall asked himself the same questions. How could he possibly escape? Why did he have to be himself? But, most of all, was the plan really worth it?

Finally, Randall sighed. Once again, there was no turning back.

“I’m involved in a conspiracy to kidnap them.”

Surprisingly, the agent said nothing, just standing there for a few minutes. Then he took out his communicator.

“Agent #1?” he asked. “A critically important case has come up from one of the culprits.”

Randall groaned. They apparently had had some idea for a while.

After a few minutes, to his surprise, he saw one of his superiors at the factory, now clad in a CDA uniform.

“Roz?”

The slug monster, ignoring the surprise, responded, “It’s about time we get a confession about this case we’ve only had rumors about.”

Randall was beginning to realize what she presumed. “It’s not what to think!” he pleaded. “I was forced into the job! I was only following orders from Waternoose!”

Roz raised an eyebrow, unimpressed with what she thought was a lie.

“I know it’s far-fetched, but it’s the truth! Heck, if you let me out, I can prove it to you!”

“Why would I risk you running away from us for good?”

“I won’t! I swear!”

Roz stayed in place, seemingly deep in thought. Then she turned to the other agent, who, in response, pinned down the lizard monster, injecting a needle into him.

“What the h— are you doing!?” Randall yelled.

As this was taking place, the fraudulent agent entered the CDA station, only to eventually walk into an agent blocking the hallway.

“666,” the agent said, addressing it by its apparent number, “This area is for 500s and under only.”

The agent stared at the hallway, then at the living roadblock. Then it turned back.

“I’ll be BAAAaaack…” it muttered.

“We planted a tracking serum in you,” Roz explained.

Randall looked confused.

“I’m playing it your way, Boggs. But if you so much as do what you’re not supposed to, you’ll be looking for an even worse sentence than I had planned.”

Randall gulped. He knew this was going to be risky.

After a few minutes of a briefing, Randall was released from the room, to find Mary in the waiting room. She ran over to him, and they made a tight embrace, happy to see each other again.

Randall soon broke it off, remembering what the kid was last seen with.

The “agent” was currently heading up to the roof of the building, where it shot the driver of one of the choppers.

“I was stupid! Okay? I admit it!” Sullivan confessed.

“And yet you tried to kill the agent,” retorted an agent coldly.

“He was trying to kill my relative!” Mike chimed in. “Or perhaps you didn’t notice the monster he had kidnapped?”

“Wazowski,” the agent began, but he paused. The three of them heard a hovering noise, like a helicopter with its blades on full speed. They glanced at the barred window, where a chopper’s machine gun was protruding from.

Sullivan ducked, pulling Mike with him, just before the gun fired rapidly, killing the agent. The bullets, to the hairy monster’s mixed joy, started to wear down the locked door to the room. Once there was a pause for reload, he burst out of the room, Mike trying his hardest to follow.

The fraud kept firing the machine gun mercilessly to the point that it did not notice an agent who got in threw a grenade into the chopper. The vehicle exploded, yet, again, the figure got out seemingly without any injuries. As it walked out of the alley it fell into, it took note of the hairball and green eyeball monsters running towards the factory where it all happened.

Chapter Seven

Randall approached a crab monster for his boss, holding Mary in his upper pair of arms.

“Can I borrow you for a second?” Randall asked.

The crab monster turned to him, a cold look on his face. “Do you have ANY idea what you’ve done here? You are THIS close to exposing us!”

“I have the kid now.”

Waternoose stared at the girl in the monster costume. Then he turned back to his lackey. “You slip out just ONE more time, Randall, and I promise you, you will not have a happy ending.”

Oblivious to this kingpin, the tracking serum inside Randall was working its magic. The agents overheard everything thanks to it taking over Randall’s sense of hearing.

“Now get the machine started,” Waternoose ordered.

“Finally,” Waternoose muttered, the Scream Extractor prototype being prepared by Randall. Mary was trapped in a seat opposite it, which Randall was fastening her in.

“I never should have trusted YOU with this,” Waternoose continued. “Because of you, my best Scarer is in prison!”

“Ah, with this machine, we don’t need Scarers,” Randall reminded him. “Besides, Sullivan got what he deserved.”

“Sullivan was TWICE the Scarer you will EVER be!”

Randall did not look in his boss’ direction, only at Mary, who was most likely going to be killed, now that he thought about it. The insult hurt, and it only further convinced Randall that his boss’ promises were lies.

“Start it up!” Waternoose ordered Fungus, who did so without any second thoughts.

As the suction was getting closer, Mary was becoming more and more terrified. It scared Randall to think that this would scar her life, if not destroy it.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered between her screams.

Then the machine powered down.

“For crying out loud,” Randall groaned, putting back on his edginess charade. Immediately he left to check the wires, only to be pinned down by his rivals.

“What have you done to her!?” Sullivan roared.

Randall gaped. “That;s why you’re so desperate for her?”

“Answer my question!!”

“It’s not what you think!!” the suffocated lizard monster retorted. As soon as he said this, Sullivan was knocked to the side by a swarm of CDA agents, now turning the corner to Waternoose. Pinning him down, one yelled, “Henry J. Waternoose, you’re under arrest for conspiracy for human release!!”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about!!” Waternoose lied. “You have no-“ HE trailed off, seeing his ex-accomplice grinning coldly at him.

Then he figured it out. He attempted to lunge for the lizard monster, only to get pinned down by more agents. “YOU B------!!” he roared at Randall. “You’ve ruined the company!! How the h— are we supposed to get our energy now!?”

Randall’s grin was wiped off of his face upon hearing more wailing by the kid. He headed back to the machine, to find the fraud aiming a gun at the kid.

It fired……only to be deflected off the metal seat back into the firer.; Mary was snatched by Randall in time.

A brief chase ensued, the lizard monster running to the leaving party, now closing a secret door inside.

“The kid!!” he yelled, hurling Mary and her door key to Sullivan. Sullivan nearly dropped her; he realized what Randall was going to do.

The door sealed shut, and the figure pinned Randall against the wall. It fired its shotgun into Randall’s stomach, and he collapsed onto the floor, his strength rapidly leaving him.

Having terminated an annoyance, the figure reverted its attention to the door, bursting a hand through to open the handle, which was disguised as a wrench on a “wall”.

Chapter Eight

Mike and Sullivan ran on, incredulous of Randall’s sacrifice. These thoughts were interrupted by a screech, and Mike was tackled by his ex-girlfriend, Celia Mae.

“If you don’t tell me what is going on, we are THROUGH!!” she yelled.

“All right!” Mike confessed. “You know the kid they’re looking for? Well, Sulley let him in. And to cut a long story short, he started getting attached to the kid, and now there’s a rogue agent trying to kill all of us!”

“You expect me to believe that pack of lies, Mike Wazowski!?”

Mary hopped onto Sullivan’s shoulder. Celia, in shock, let go of her boyfriend, squirming away.

Mike and Sullivan continued on, and shortly afterward, there was an explosion behind her. Whipping around, she saw smoke and several monster bodies, the “agent” walking out of the ashes.

This time, Celia tackled the agent, causing him to tumble onto the floor, ripping #666’s uniform in the process. Exposed, the agent began to aim a pistol at the female, but then its head jerked back towards the Scare Floor. It glanced at her, then resumed the chase.

Mary’s door was finally arriving, much to the relief of Mike and Sullivan. However, they then heard shrieking of their coworkers. Knowing that it was the killer human, Sullivan smashed his hand onto the emergency button of the station grid. All the doors began to leave, and Sullivan dragged Mike and Mary onto one of them.

Throoing its second last grenade at a swarm of agents behind it, the figure quickly got the message and leaped an unnatural height to one of the nearest doors that were leaving.

The four of them entered the Door Vault, amazing Mike and Sullivan in its size. Doors were all over the place in a room too large to possibly have calculated dimensions.

The figure, bored of the waiting, noted one of the door rails under it, then fired at Sullivan’s hand. Instinctively he let go of Mary from the pain, who was caught by the figure now speeding by below them. It dropped to a platform, Sullivan and Mike attempting to follow the drop, and ran down a set of stairs. Mike, who had dropped d6wn a shortcut, was waiting. Instinctively it tried to run back, only to be cornered by Sullivan as well.

Then it did something none of them expected to do: still holding the girl hostage, it jumped over the edge of the platform to the floor far below.

Sullivan was the first to get down to the bottom floor of the Door Vault. As he did so, he heard shrieking behind a door titled “Boiler Room”.

Opening it revealed a most horrific sight. The figure was walking to the top of a pit of molten metal, obviously with the intent of melting her alive.

“NO!!” Sullivan yelled.

The figure snapped its head to the yeller, tightening its grip on Mary again. Then it hurled her into Sullivan, knocking her out. It walked over to the top of the stairs in front of Sullivan, and took out its last grenade. Its eyes widened with a look of rage: the pin was missing. It snapped its head all over until he saw the pin by a door opposite the pit. The pin dropped from mid-air onto the flo6r, and an injured Randall revealed himself, showing a cold grin.

For the first and last time, the figure showed a look of utter fear on its face. Then the grenade exploded, turning the figure into an inferno. It shrieked with an inhuman voice, flailing its arms, until it finally collapsed from fatigue onto the metal grating.

Randall headed over to his enemies, who stood staring at him.

“Why aren’t you dead?” Mike asked, sounding a little disappointed.

Randall glared back. “It thought my heart was where it wasn’t.”

They glanced at the burning figure, whose skin was now beginning to melt away. Sick of the scene, they left the room to resume their conversation.

“Why did you save us?” Sullivan asked.

“I wasn’t saving you!” Randall snapped. “I was saving the kid!”

Sullivan stared. “…So what you’re saying is, you have feelings for her, too?”

Randall paused, having realized he cornered himself. Finally, he admitted it. “Yeah.”

Mike rolled his eye, but Sullivan seemed convinced. “C’mon,” he told them all. “Let’s get her home.”

They started to leave to the doors, but then the sound of a door breaking caught their ears.

“RUN!!” Randall yelled, being the first to figure it out.

A metallic hand burst out of the door, and, having found the handle, it opened the door, revealing its owner for what it really was: a metallic endoskeleton.

Chapter Nine

“A robot!” Randall shrieked. Sullivan and Mike gaped at the sight. Mary started to wail.

It took them long enough for them to get out of their state of shock to realize it was rapidly marching towards them. They ran to one of the doors and Sullivan had an idea.

“Make her laugh!” he yelled to Mike.

“What?” Mike and Randall asked simultaneously. Reluctantly, Mike obeyed anyway; he pulled out his eyelid and snapped it back, reacting in pain. Mary immediately started to laugh a storm at the eyeball’s feigned misfortune, powering all of the doors in the vault.

They entered the door they were at just before the android climbed up to their location, twenty feet above the ground floor. It attempted to open the door, but couldn’t. As a second resort, it slammed its body against it. Nothing.

Randall and Sullivan had jammed the door shut with nearby furniture, allowing them enough time to discuss a plan.

“What are we going to do?” Sullivan asked.

“Why are you asking me?” Mike retorted. “That thing is invulnerable!”

Randall finally chimed in, upon remembering something. “No, it isn’t.”

His two ex-enemies turned to him, confused.

“When it chased me for the first time, it refused to run outside because it was raining. If you ask me, it’s the classic weakness for electronics: water.”

“But where are we going to get that?” Mike asked.

“You forget these bedrooms are part of houses, Wazowski,” Randall shot back.

They had become distracted by a significant attempt to ram the door open; the obstacles on the door moved slightly.

Randall then snatched the kid out of Sullivan’s arms. “I’m taking her back. You guys try to find water.”

“You’re not taking her back, Randall!” Sullivan yelled.

“I can get her home faster than you, and you know that,” Randall retorted. “Just trust me.”

Sullivan stood in silence. Then he noticed the metallic hand protruding out from the furniture.

“Run!” he roared.

Soon enough, the robot burst through, searching immediately for any signs of life. Upon seeing nothing, it turned on infa-red vision, so as to detect heat. Still nothing. Convinced, the android moved onto the next room, where, soon enough, it saw a closet door close.

Randall was crawling along the doors at a rate that reflected the adrenaline running through his body. As he got to the familiar flower-painted door, he heard the shoving of doors under him. Looking down, to his surprise, he saw the android climbing the doors to his area.

Then it finally occurred to him. It wasn’t any particular monster the robot was after. Slowly he stared at Mary, huddled in his lower pair of arms, a look of fearful revelation in his eyes.

“YOU’RE what it’s after,” he muttered.

A change of plans was necessary; Mary could not be left alone.

Sullivan and Mike were running on their own, hoping to stay a safe distance from the android.

“Mike…” Sullivan realized, “it’s not following us…”

“All the more reason to get away while we have the chance,” Mike retorted, confessing his cowardly nature as he opened another closet door.

The android was waiting on the other side, shooting Mike dead through the eye.

“NOOO!” Sullivan yelled.

The robot turned to him now, about to fire another shot…only to get knocked off the edge by Randall’s body. The android fell a few meters, then caught onto a door below.

Sullivan looked sorrowfully at his old friend, who now had several pellets through his eye. Alas, times were desperate, so he had to move on. Reluctantly, he hurled the body through the door, where it fell to the floor far below.

Randall, having quickly diverted the android, now moved on to another room, Mary still in his arms. What was waiting for him was not what he expected.

“Ma!” a kid called. “Another gator in the house!”

“Another gator!?” a woman’s voice yelled. “Gimme that shovel!!”

Randall stood in shock, realizing what they were referring to. The hag came towards him, about to strike, a psychotic grin on her face.

A shotgun fired, and the woman’s smile was wiped off her face, rapidly collapsing to the floor. The kid tried to run from Randall’s destination, only to be shot to death as well.

Mary had taken the opportunity to hide in one of the nearby cabinets while the massacre took place, causing the armed android to target Randall instead. Discarding its final weapon, it started hurling punches into the lizard monster at rate so rapid one could not see its arms, its victim shrieking in agony. It stopped, however, upon hearing the sound of a drop of water. It noted the sink on the other side of the trailer, then dragged the fatigued Randall over to it. Using the shovel by the woman’s body, he pinned the lizard monster’s head under the sink, which it turned on full blast.

Sullivan had just followed through the door to witness the gruesome attempt of murder. Immediately he hurled himself to the android, giving Randall the opportunity to breathe again.

The machine, having rapidly gotten up, was about to smash Sullivan’s head in, but then it heard a scream. It noticed Mary, who had just fallen out of a cabinet by the door.

Randall took this distraction to his advantage. He whipped the shovel out of its arms and smashed its head to the direction of the running sink. The moment the metal head touched the faucet, giant sparks of electricity flew about, the android trembling violently. Finally, the shaking came to a halt, the blood-red lights for eyes dimming into black.

Randall looked at his ex-enemy, then at the kid. Then he pulled the hairy monster up.

“Let’s just get her home, already,” he snapped.

Epilogue

Sullivan and Randall accompanied Mary back to her room, with the CDA’s permission.

As Sullivan tucked her back into her bed, Randall, reluctant due to his dignity, walked over to her, extending one of his arms one final time. Mary slowly extended her own, and they made a reconciliatory handshake, Randall trying his hardest not to show a warm smile.

They then began to leave, Mary feigning sleep. Randall glanced back, a remorseful look on his face. It made him sad to think that he had once not cared too much about human life. It finally occurred to him how many lies there were surrounding humans, some of which he had to admit he fell victim to.

International Paranormal Research Insitute, Los Angeles, CA; August 29, 2011

Mary O’Connor, now 12 years old, was lucky to have a visit to this facility. It was perfect for her interests in the unknown.

She, her parent, and other nerds were now taking a tour of some of the research they were conducting. “Over here,” said a nerdy guide, “…we have scientists working on what is probably one of the most advanced pieces of equipment to date. We call it the P-9000. It’s a project meant to address certain paranormal concerns over the past few years. The shape of a human, the programming of mankind’s savior.”

Mary did not like the sound of his bias, but she took a look inside. Most of the parts were incomplete, except for the head.

Mary’s scream was heard all over the institute; the head had blond hair and red eyes.

End?

So what did you all think? :slight_smile: