TSS's Fanfiction: The Incredibles: Syndrome's Return

Hello everyone. This is not the first Incredibles fanfic I have written in my life, nor is it the first one I ever posted here on Pixar Planet. But this one is one of my favorites and one of the more popular ones, according to Fanfiction.net statistics. I decided to post my fanfic here and see what you guys all thought.

Disclaimer: I do not own the Incredibles Characters. they belong soley to Brad Bird and Pixar.

The Incredibles: Syndrome’s Return (rated PG [maybe PG-13 in case violence and beatings becomes a little too strong for PG] for action violence & fighting)

Premise: Syndrome returns and that means bad new for the family of Supers. Plus, Violet gets an opportunity of a life time to be normal, but how will it affect her family?

Chapter 1: Glory Days Restored

Three weeks have past since the defeat of the Underminer. Before that, the Super Hero Relocation Program had been abolished. This resulted in Super Heroes going back to their old jobs. Still, even with the return of Super Heroes, crimes are still being committed, mainly in Metroville.

Metroville is a peaceful city. It has its restaurants, movie theaters, schools, a stadium for all sports, shopping malls, parks and recreation centers, a library, and other stuff you might find in any other city. The most distinguishing thing about this city is that it is home to some of the most well known, glorious, famous super heroes in the world. But other than that, Metroville is a pretty normal place. . . well, almost normal. . .

//////////\

“Alright everybody! This is a stick up!” yelled one robber in the Metroville Grand City Bank.

One of three robbers went over to the safe vault. He tapped his pistol on the large steel door. “Alright, someone open this up.” he commanded. Nobody moved a muscle. “I SAID SOMEONE OPEN THIS UP!”

The robber aimed his handgun high into the air and fired a deafening shot. Many panicked and screamed for their lives. The robber fired another shot in the air. The commotion ceased. The third robber aimed a shotgun at a banker.

“You, get up!” he roared as he brought the horrified banker to her feet.

She slowly made her way towards the large vault. She was about to open it when she froze. Chills were running down her spine. The impatient robbers all aimed their firearms at the terrified banker. She carefully opened the safe. Finally, the locks of the steel vault had been opened. The three robbers all collected money from the vault, loaded it into a large sack, and loaded them into their get away van. Altogether, it took them four trips to load their loot into the van.

“Come on boys. Let’s get outta here before the cops come.” said one robber.

The three thieves got into the van. The engine roared, signaling the car had been started. The driver stepped on the gas but surprisingly, the car didn’t move an inch.

“What the heck is wrong with this hunk of junk!” wondered an irritated robber.

The driver looked on his side mirror. What he saw completely shocked him. A big, muscular man in a red super suit with a lower case “i” on his chest was grasping on to the getaway vehicle tightly.

“Mr. Incredible! Run for your lives!”

The three robbers jumped out of the vehicle. Mr. Incredible, (aka: Bob Parr), who possessed the gift of super strength, hurled the van into the sky. It disappeared into space. The three robbers all aimed their guns at Mr. Incredible. They were about to shoot when a long, elongated arm wrapped around the felons legs and brought them to the floor. They looked up and saw that the long arm had belonged to a heroine who was also wearing a red super suit with black gloves and boots, the same as Mr. Incredible. She was known as Elastigirl (aka: Helen Parr), Mr. Incredible’s wife. She joined her husband and both assumed a fighting stance. Realizing that they can’t beat both Supers, the three thieves decided to split up.

“Honey, I’ll go after that one.” he pointed at a eluding robber. “You get the other one.”

“Roger that.” she replied. “But who will get the third guy?”

The third robber ran as fast as he could. He didn’t get very far, because another Super froze him right on the spot in a block of ice.

“Dude, you need to chill out.” replied the Super known as Frozone.

Meanwhile, Mr. Incredible continued to chase down the robber. After a running a couple meters, the robber thought he could escape by running though an alley way. As he turned the corner and went through the thin alley, he found out that it led to a dead end. He slowly turned around and came face to face with Mr. Incredible. The robber brought his arm back and delivered a punch to the Super. Mr. Incredible caught his hand. With one quarter of an effort, he began to squeeze the criminal’s hand.

“OKAY, OKAY! I GIVE UP!” the robber agonized.

Mr. Incredible grinned at the robber and carried him to a police car nearby.

At the same time, Elastigirl combated against the last remaining robber. Things started out with the thief shooting at the heroine. Elastigirl dodges all of the bullets with grace and nimbleness. After he ran out of bullets, he quickly reached into his pocket for some more ammo. This gave Elastigirl an opportunity to strike. She sprung up into the air. At the peak of her jump, she delivered a long, solid kick across the robber’s face, knocking him out. Elastigirl landed on her feet and went up to the dazed robber. She hoisted the thief on to her shoulders. And carried him in to a patrol car. Policemen came and congratulated the three supers.

“Thank you Supers. Good work.” thanked an officer.

“We’re just doing our job.” replied Elastigirl.

Suddenly, a voice from Mr. Incredible’s communicator spoke. “Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, it’s Rick from the NSA. Report to headquarters immediately.”

“Roger that Rick.” acknowledged Mr. Incredible. He turned to his friend Frozone. “Zone, I need you to take care of Jack-Jack for a few more minutes.”

“Are you kidding me?” Frozone interrupted. “That creature already destroyed my house the last time you told me to take care of him a little later than usual!”

“Sorry Zone, but it’ll take a couple minutes. Bye!”

Mr. Incredible could smell that a argument was about ensue if he stayed any longer. Both he and his wife jumped into the Incredibile and raced to the National Supers Agency’s headquarters.

//////////\

So what do you all think? Reviews please. I really like reviews, including comments, questions, and thoughts. I also really critisims and flames. Those kinda motivate me to do a better job. But what I love the most is to hear the truth from you guys. I would really appreciate it.

Wait a sec…I’ve read this before, I think…do you have a fanfiction.net account, because I think this story plot sounds familiar…just wondering…

Anyway, really exciting! :smiley:
It’s just that robber yelling “Run for your life!” doesn’t really sound like something he’d actually say once catching sight of a superhero. I think some would either stay silent and try to get away without being noticed or think he can take on Mr. Incredible. Then again, I guess if they already know about Mr. I, then they should be scared and panic.

bright-dot-dasher: Yes, this story is on my fanfiction.net account. I am wishing that some poeple who haven’t read it yet would get a chance here. After all, the TI section of FF.net is kinda dying right now.

Oh, that was you who wrote it! I remember randomly searching the net and finding it there. So, I’ll tell you that I have already read the entire story, and I really got into it, like staying up late and waking up early to catch up on it. (no spoilers here)
I know there will be other members here who will enjoy it as much as I did.

I hope so. So far, you happen to be the only reader. I hope more come along.

Here is the next chapter. Be warned, it gets a tad little intense.

Chapter 2: The Junior Heroes

Meanwhile, on the suburban side of Metroville, a middle aged woman arrived at the driveway of her beloved home. She got out of her car and went to her trunk. After popping it open, she began to unload her grocery bags. She carried the two bags to her front door step.

When she opened the door to her house, expecting to be greeted by her husband and children, she froze. She dropped her bags to the floor. She found her home completely in ruins. She saw furniture overturned, glass all over the floor. . . and her children and husband tied up on the couch. The mother immediately rushed over to her family.

“Honey, kids, what happened?” she frightfully inquired.

No one answered. The dad and kids were all terrified, they couldn’t move or speak. The mother had just reached into her purse and grabbed her cell phone. She was about to dial the police when she hear a voice from behind.

“Do not call the cops lady, or else you’re gonna get it.”

Two burglar emerged from the kitchen. One had a butcher’s knife in his hand. He brandished it at the terrified mother. By now, she was frozen as a statue. The burglars inched closer to her, but she couldn’t move. She glanced at the armed burglar, then at the cell phone, then back at the two burglars. She was about to call the police when a third burglar locked her in a full nelson hold. The mother immediately screamed for help. The kids, sitting on the couch, were scared to death. They watched helplessly as tears fell from their eyes. The burglar with the butcher’s knife slowly approached the mother. He raised his arm, ready to deliver the killing blow.

Suddenly, a reddish blur sped through the house and tripped every burglar to the floor. The reddish blur stopped in front of the doorway.

“Hooray! It’s Speedster!” celebrated the children.

Speedster, (alias: Dashiell “Dash” Parr) was the son of the famous Supers: Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl. Obviously, according to his name, his super power is super speed, acceleration, and reflexes. He had blonde hair and was wearing a red super suit with the same detail as Mr and Mrs. Incredible.

The three burglars scrambled to their feet. They all rushed in towards the young Super. Speedster smiled and dashed out of the way. All of the sudden, the door slammed right into their face. The burglars were knocked off of their feet. They were dazed for a while. They got to their feet. Then a barrage of blows were delivered to the oblivious burglars. After stumbling around, a large, round, purple orb had the burglars trapped. After being suspended in the air, the violet orb that had them encapsulated vanished, resulting in them dropping to the ground.

“Invisigirl is here!” cried a burglar.

The three burglars reached the door. Unfortunately, once they opened it, they were greeted with a wooden pole to their backs. The wooden pole was levitating in midair. Suddenly, the invisible figure wielding the pole became visible.

It was none other than the fourteen year old Super named Invisigirl, (alias: Violet Parr). She was Speedster’s older sister, and daughter to Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl. She possessed the ability of invisibility and force fields. Invisigirl was wearing a red super suit with black gloves and thigh-high boots. On her chest detailed an “i”. Invisigirl had long, dark, black hair that was pulled back by an orange headband.

“You’re all going to jail. And if Speedster ran fast enough, the police should arrive right about. . .” Police sirens were all of the sudden heard outside. “. . . now.” grinned Invisigirl.

“OPEN THE DOOR! THIS IS THE POLICE!” yelled a man from outside. The burglars had no choice but to give up.

//////////\

Several minutes later, after the criminals were apprehended, an officer went up to the two young supers.

“Thank you Incredikids. Once again, you both saved more innocent lives.” the officer thanked.

“It’s all in a day’s work.” smiled Speedster. After he glanced at his sister. “Isn’t that right sis?”

Invisigirl did not answer. She was talking to her mother, Elastigirl on the communicator.

“Okay. . . sure. . . alright. We’ll be right there in five minutes. Speedster and I will take the short cut. . . okay. . . bye.”

“What was that?” asked Speedster.

“It was mom. She wants us to go to the NSA headquarters immediately.”

“What is it about? Did we do anything wrong? Are you in trouble? Did you do something. . . OW!”

Invisigirl gave her a well deserved slap to the back of the head.

“Wow, you haven’t changed at bit. First, no I’m not in trouble. I’m a good girl. I’m surprised to see you haven’t gotten into trouble with the NSA yet. Second, nothing is wrong. Mom just wants us to meet her in the NSA headquarters. All she said is that it was very important.”

“Well then, what are we waiting for? Let’s go!”

//////////\

Invisigirl and Speedster instantly sprinted towards their new home. Since their old one got blown up by falling debris, the family of supers had to move to move to another house. It was not that far away from their old one. It was just five miles away from their old house and only ten miles away from Violet’s middle school. The family’s new house was a two story house. It has a family room, a living room, a dinning room, a kitchen, a laundry room, three bedrooms (one for each member of the family), two and a half bathrooms, and a playroom for Jack-Jack. The family also has one giant screen TV, many comfortable sofas, a coffee table, a fireplace, wooden floors, an oven, a microwave, and a swimming pool in the backyard.

The two young heroes arrived at their house and dashed through the door. They came to the fireplace. Invisigirl reached inside and tapped the wall three times. All of the sudden, the fireplace rose from the ground. As it rose up, two steel doors became visible. The doors opened up, revealing an elevator. Invisigirl and Speedster all entered the elevator and pressed a button. The elevator doors closed and the fireplace sank back into it’s neutral position.

The elevator took the two Supers down below the surface. Afterwards, the elevator doors opened up, revealing the National Supers Agency’s Headquarters. Once they stepped inside, they were greeted by many workers and fellow Supers. After saying hi and signing a couple autographs, Invisigirl and Speedster made their way to the front desk, where a lady in a suit was working on some paper work.

“Ah, Invisigirl and Speedster. And how are the NSA’s best young Supers doing?” she greeted.

“Everything is so sweet!” Speedster replied a little hyper, being the ten year old energy ball he is. “There were these bad guys, and they were breaking in someone’s house, then I came in and was like “POW” and BAM” and I was like “TAKE THAT YOU. . .” and then, Invisigirl, she was doing okay, but I. . .”

“Speedster," glared Invisigirl. “I was doing fine, thank you very much.” The ten year old Super stuck his tongue out at Invisigirl. She rolled her eyes. “So, I understand the NSA wanted to see us?”

“Yes, your mother and father is on the top floor with Rick.”

Invisigirl replied. “Thank you so much. Come on Dash. Our parents are waiting for us.”

The two super siblings rode the elevator up to Rick’s office on the top floor. Once the elevator doors opened, Invisigirl and Speedster saw their parents standing in front of a desk where Rick Dicker was sitting at.

A lot has changed Rick since the Syndrome incident. Shortly afterwards, Rick Dicker received a huge promotion. Now he is the Chief Executive of the National Supers Agency.

Rick cleared his throat then said, “Incredibles, I summoned all of you here for a very special assignment.”

I waited a while to see if anyone else was going to comment, but for now, unfortunately, it seems like just you and me, TSS.

Even though I’ve read it before at Fanfiction.net, I’ll comment here since I didn’t get to comment on it the time I read it.

It was exciting, and I loved the way Speedster and Invisigirl worked together but still treated each other like siblings. It makes them seem Incredible, yet down-to-earth. (BTW did you make up their superhero names?)

I hope for you to get the attention more readers as well soon. (I’m sort of experiencing the same thing)

To answer your wuestion, I kinda made up theie SUper Names. I was thinking of using Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible, Incredigirl, Incrediboy/Incrediguy/Incredikid, and Incredibaby, but I llike using original names.

Speedster just seemed like the right name for Dash. With other names, I either didn’t like it, or someone already took it.

As for Invisigirl, I don’t think I was the first one to give her that name, but I think I made i popular (sorry for sounding egotistical)

Thanks for commenting. I always love to hear what others have to say.

Here is chapter 3

Chapter 3: Special Mission

The family each had a different reaction in hearing this. Mr. Incredible was excited to receive another special mission. Elastigirl was a little reluctant. Speedster was so excited because he never been on a highly classified mission. Invisigirl, on the other hand, was very nervous.

“Now don’t worry Mr and Mrs. Incredible. I am well aware that your children have not been assigned to something so highly classified and dangerous. By all means, if you think your children aren’t ready for this, you may decline.”

Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl all looked at their kids. Speedster was all anxious and eager about this.

“I’m okay with this! Let’s go! When do we leave? Will we kick butt? Will we save the entire world?

Invisigirl was silent. She didn’t believe she could handle such great responsibility. She wanted to tell her parents. She wanted to say something, but she couldn’t. Nothing came out of her mouth. She wanted to say “Mom, dad, I don’t think I can do this.” or, “No, I do not want to.” but she couldn’t.

Then, it was too late. Mr. Incredible took one quick glance at his daughter then said, “Rick, on behalf of the entire Incredibles family, we accept this mission.”

“Great,” smiled Rick, “here is your assignment. Mr. Incredible, you and your family remember Syndrome right?”

“Yeah, he was the one who built the Omnidroid, unleashed it in our city, and tried to defeat it to become a hero.” Elastigirl answered.

“Yes, well there has been some mysterious activity going on back at his island.” replied Rick.

Speedster asked, “What kind of activity?”

“This is where things got a little perplexing.” said Rick. “You have no idea what our experts have discovered. An army of robots and the Omnidroid patrolling the island. And. . .”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Are you saying Syndrome is alive?” wondered Mr. Incredible.

“But that’s impossible. He got killed in that explosion right?” Elastigirl thought.

“The thing is,” Rick Dicker added, “studies from the NSA show that villains have a high percentage of escaping fatal deaths than most Supers out there.”

“Hmm, no wonder Baron Von Ruthless would always come back seeking for world destruction every time someone puts him away.” said Mr. Incredible

“There are very few supers out there in the world that could take a beating and still be alive. One percent to be exact.” added Rick.

“Okay, so Syndrome is assumed alive.” Speedster interrupted. “What other strange activity did you find?”

“We don’t know. But our experts believe that whoever is hiding at Nomanisan Island is currently working on a strange invention.”

“What kind of invention?” inquired Elastigirl.

“We don’t know, but what ever it is, it uses a lot of energy and can be very dangerous. I believe you now know what your mission is right?”

“Yeah,” responded Speedster. “Go to the island, investigate, stop any threat to the earth. Easy enough.”

“Until you get to this level son. It’s only easy until you reach the top.” laughed Rick.

He later got up from his desk and went and shook Mr. Incredible’s, Elastigirl’s, Invisigirl’s and Speedster’s hand. “Congratulations Incredikids. From this moment forward, you will joining your parents as official Level A Super Heroes. We wish you good luck and success.”

“Thanks Rick.” thanked Mr. Incredible. “It such an honor for me and all of my family.”

Rick gave a smile. “You shall be giving details on your mission in a few days. You will be notified when this information is released.”

Elastigirl turned to her husband. “Honey, we better get home soon. The children have school tomorrow.”

Soon after, everyone left the NSA headquarters and headed straight home. On their way back, Elastigirl couldn’t help but notice strange behavior coming from her daughter. Invisigirl was, all of the sudden, quiet since the trip to the NSA headquarters. In addition, she had her head band off of her head, resulting a large curtain of hair veiling her face. Elastigirl knew. These were certain signs of something wrong with her daughter.

(I haven’t read this fanfic in a while, probably because fanfiction.net is getting old.) Poor Violet…oops, I mean Invisigirl, I wonder what’s troubling her. Then again, if I were in her place, I would’ve felt the same way about the huge responsibility.
I can tell (Dash) Speedster is excited.

Any other members on Pixar Planet: Shouldn’t there be more readers on this?

I would love that BBD, but as you can see, the number of die-hard Incredibles fans are pretty low. I would assume that most would rather read a WALL-E fanfic than a TI one. SO if noe doesn’t come, then that is perfectly fine.

(Yeah I thought you needed a new commenter in this thread haha)

Ok I’ve only read 1 and 2 so far. I think a PG13 is our 12A? I think that’s a good judgement as it does sounds more violent than a usual Pixar movie.

I like how Violet or Invisigirl is really confident now and calling her brother a twerp in public and acting more mature. I can’t wait to meet Jackjack too, be interesting what you do with his powers.

You also do a lot of descriptions so I can really visualize it which is nice :slight_smile: like at the beginning with Helen and her robber and her dodging the bullets.

I’m going to enjoy reading Chapter 3 for sure.

Thank you zada. Enjoy chapter 3. I hope you read the rest of my story. I got like about maybe 28 chapters altogether.

I really enjoyed reading your fan fiction, The Star Swordsman. I can tell you are very knowledgable about the The Incredbles universe. I like how you came up with aliases for the supers - their names were really clever, like “Incredikids, and Invisigirl.” Heheh.

I also liked how you left each chapter on a cliffhanger. It makes me on the edge of my seat wanting to find out what happens next. =) You seemed to capture each character’s personality from the movie, which makes the story more believable.

I can’t really think of any criticisms from a story point of view, since fan fiction isn’t usually my thing so I wouldn’t know how to give negative feedback properly. My one suggestion would be to make sure you are consistent with units, in one paragraph you will use “meters” and in the next you will use “miles.” But that’s only something I picked up since I’m used to dealing with metric and imperial, but it’s a good idea to stick with one unit all the way through when writing, but other than that it doesn’t affect the story at all, so don’t worry. :slight_smile:

I apologise for not giving you feedback sooner, especially as you always give me feeddback on my creative postings… I don’t really venture into this section of the forum much and only saw this thread a few days ago. If I don’t give you feedback in timely manner in the future, feel free to PM me and yell at me, TSS. :wink:

rachel: Thank you for your kind complements. Adn don’t worry, I will, maybe after every 2-3 chapters you don’t comment, I’ll “scream” at you. :wink:

PS: Everyone reading this, Make it a point to check for an update every tuesday (Pacific Ameican time). That is the day I will post a new chapter.

I gist read when I find things tl;dr and I thought It was good. I noticed a word that didn’t need to be there.

All is not needed.

Oh, thanks for telling me that. I haven’t noticed it until now. Grammar is sorta my thing, but I make occasional mistakes. THanks. I’ll go and fix it. COuld you tell me what chapter it was in?

You’re welcome, TSS. I will try to remember to check after Tuesdays for a new chapter to your thrilling story. It will be like a weekly TV drama, heheh.

Here you go everyone! Chapter 4!

Chapter 4: Back Home

Before going home, the first thing the Parr family did was pick up Jack-Jack from the Best’s place. As soon as the family got home, and after they took off their Super Suits, they all scattered around the house doing their own thing. Helen started to cook dinner. Bob started to play with Jack-Jack. Dash raced upstairs to his room and started to imagine what his future mission would be like. and Violet slogged up to her room and went to finish up her homework.

Several minutes later, Helen called out, “Dash, Violet, dinner is ready!”

Dash sprinted down the stairs, got out a plate and helped himself to some lambchops that Helen prepared. Soon after, Bob came in. He placed Jack-Jack on his high-chair and sat down to eat his food. Five minutes later, Violet trudged down the stairs. She served herself to some food, then sat down at the table with her family.

“Oh my gosh! I can’t wait to start this mission!” started an anxious Dash.

“I’m proud of all of you.” Bob said. “You have no idea how much honor this is.”

Dash replied excitedly. “I can’t wait for it dad. I mean, we get to beat up some bad guys, save the world, thwart an evil plan. . .”

“Easy there Dash. Don’t get so excited yet.” Helen tried to calm her son. “You have no idea how dangerous this level mission is. You do realize that there is a really big responsibility and high expectations in such a high level mission like this?”

“Yeah, I know, but it’s so exciting.” smiled Dash.

“Honey, can’t you see that our son is so pumped up and anxious for this? I mean, I felt that way on my first high level mission.” said Bob

Everyone smiled while Jack-Jack cooed. Well. . .almost everyone was happy. Violet just sat in her chair, poking at her food. She also had her hair cover her face. Helen took notice of this and began to worry. She decided to start a conversation.

“So Vi, how was patrolling tonight?”

“Nothing but the usual.” Violet replied in a monotonic voice.

“Vi, you okay? You haven’t eaten a bite yet.”

“Sorry mom, I’m just not feeling so good right now.”

“What’s wrong sweetie?” inquired Helen. Violet continued to stare at her food. “Is this about the special mission?”

Violet nodded. “I don’t know mom. I don’t think I’m ready for this.”

“Aw come on Violet.” Dash wondered. “ How can you not be excited about this? The thrill of danger, the excitement of encountering life or death situations, the adventure of a life time, the exhilaration of everyone in the world counting on you, the. . .”

“DASH, JUST SHUT UP!” screamed Violet.

After that, she got up out of her chair, sprinted up the steps, crashed on her bed in her room, and started to cry. Meanwhile, back in the dinning room; Helen gave a petrifying glare at her son. Dash, on the other hand, looked perplexed.

“I think I scared her.” Dash thought.

“Don’t worry son.” assured Bob. “I think she is just just being a little oversensitive.”

Helen let out a sigh. “I’ll go talk to her.”

The mother got up out of her chair and walked up the stairs to her daughter’s room. When she arrived at her door, she knocked on it three times.

“Violet, are you in there?”

There was no answer. Helen turned the knob and opened the door. When she entered Violet’s room, the first thing she saw was her daughter on her bed with her face in a pillow. Helen sat down next to Violet.

“Go away!”

“Sweetie what’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong mom.” Violet replied, now sitting up on her bed. She had tears still streaking down her eyes and her hair veiling her face. “What makes you think something is wrong?”

“Well Vi, there are many signs. One, you all of the sudden become so silent for sometime, and when you do speak, you talk in a monotonic voice. Two, your hair is curtaining your face. Three, you have tears cascading down your eyes. Is there something you want to tell me Vi?”

Violet wiped away her tears. “Mom, about that high level mission we received, I. . .I. . .I don’t think I’m ready for this.”

“What are you talking about? Ever since you first became a Super, you and your powers have developed and gotten stronger. We and everyone at the NSA believes that. . .”

“WELL MOM, I DON”T BELIEVE I’M READY!” yelled Violet. Helen was taken aback by her daughter screaming at her. Later, after a minute or two of silence, Violet went on. “I’m sorry mom. I didn’t mean to yell at you.”

“Honey. . .” Helen began, placing her arm around her daughter. She was cut off by Vi.

“I just don’t think I’m ready for such a great responsibility mom. I mean, the entire world will be counting on us. And if one fails, the entire planet is doomed. What if I fail? What is the Earth is destroyed because of me? What would happen if I had to fight for my life? What if I die? What if I don’t see Tony again!”

Violet buried her face into her pillow and began to cry again. Helen gave a sigh and smiled.

“You know Vi, this is exactly how I felt when I was chosen for a high level mission for my first time.”

Violet slowly sat up. “Really?" she sniveled."You were?”

Helen nodded. “Way back, before I married your father, I would foil robberies, rescue people from natural disasters, and other stuff that you do now. Then, out of the blue, I get a call to stop a ruthless villain some where in France. I didn’t want to go. I was terrified.”

“Wow,” gasped Violet, “so what happened.”

“Well, I was afraid that I had to do this by myself. That scared me even more. But fortunately, I learned that I was not going to do this by myself. It turned out that Apogee, and Stormicide were going to assist me. Because of them, my mission was ten times easier than doing it by myself.” Helen placed her hands on her daughter’s shoulders. “Listen Vi, you will not be alone. You know why?” Helen brushed Violet’s hair back behind her ear. “Because you have us. Your family will keep you safe and will give you strength. With that, you can do anything Violet. Even save a planet.”

Violet smiled. “Thanks mom. I feel so much better now.”

Helen kissed her daughter on the for head. She began to walk out of her room. After that, Violet took a shower. After cleaning up, Violet brushed her hair, then worked on her homework. While finishing up, she began to gain a little confidence.

“Mom’s right. As long as she, dad, and Dash are with me, everything will be alright. Besides, it’s not like I’m going to get my butt whooped there.”

Violet closed her notebook, then closed the lights. She smiled as she slowly fell asleep.

A great addition to this enthralling story, TSS. The way you tied in the family support with this chapter reflected the theme from the movie. I would have rathered that you finished this chapter with a taste of what to look forward to from the next chapter, but that’s just my personal preference. Can’t wait to read the next instalment. :slight_smile:

Just a couple of spelling/grammar errors:

“Before going home, the first thing the Parr family did was pick up Jack-Jack from the Best’s.”
From the Best’s what?

“Sorry mom, I’m just not feeling so good right now?”
Question or statement?

“After that, she got up out of her chair, sprinted up the stepped”
Should this be “sprinted up the steps” or “sprinted up the stepped stairs”, maybe? He he.

"Besides, it’s not like I’m going to get my butt whooped there.”
Nothing grammatically wrong with this sentence, I just thought it was funny. =)

If you don’t want me to point out spelling/grammar mistakes, let me know.