Finding Nemo's Sister

Some of you’ve probably noticed that I am a multitasker, especially when it comes to writing stories.

Summary: Nemo knows the tragedy of the rest of his family. But it turns out that there was a survivor. He still has a sister- alive!

Disclaimer: Pixar owns the original characters of Finding Nemo. This fanfiction was made for purely fandom and fun. I only claim ownership of the characters I made up, and the fanfiction story itself.

One:

“Wow, it sure is a nice view here,” said Dory, in the ‘backyard’ one night. The blue-tang fish was right outside since she couldn’t go inside the anemone.
“See that shooting star?” said Marlin. "It’s believed that you can make a wish on it, and after some time, it’ll come true.
“Ooh, can we wish on it?” said Nemo.
“I don’t see why not,” shrugged Marlin.
Nemo looked up at the starry sky, past the peaceful waves of the ocean, and beyond, he shut his eyes, and after some seconds, opened them again.
A cheerful Dory asked, “Wanna know what I wished for? For a sand dollar! No, wait, a candle that looks like a sponge! Aw, I forgot. Ooh, my wish has been granted- something shiny! See ya!” Their friend began darting away after something.
Nemo and Marlin chuckled a little. Then Nemo whispered, “Do you wanna know what I wished for?”
“What, son?”
“That someow Mom could come back.”
“Oh, uh…” Marlin was lost for words. He had thought they were both over it. He didn’t really believe in magic, or legends. They were all myths, weren’t they? Marlin was more into practical logic. Although, he had to admit, he would have wished the same thing.
“And I’m so glad that now it’s gonna come true!” Nemo cheered.
Marlin worried. Once Nemo found out that his mother still wasn’t going to come back, Marlin knew, he’d be heartbroken.
“I wish that, too,” Marlin agreed softly.
“Hey, maybe if we both wish it, it’ll come true faster,” grinned Nemo. “Sandy Plankton from next door, he said that you can even wish on the first star you see. Does the sun count?”
“I guess,” replied Marlin.
“This is great! If we wish the same thing every day and every night, it’ll probably for sure come true forever and after!” Nemo exclaimed delightedly.
“Nemo, let’s not get overexcited. If you get your hopes too high, they’ll fall harder,” warned Marlin. “Magic is…magic is rare nowadays, and you don’t know for sure if it’ll work on everyone. Plus, you’ve got to give it time. If this wish is going to come true, it won’t happen overnight.” Well he couldn’t have just said ‘sorry, it’s not coming true at all,’ and crush his son’s spirit and imagination.
“Oh, but at least it will! I know it!” Nemo said happily. “Good night, Dad.” With that happy look on his face, the little clownfish swam into the anemone.

Aww, I’m looking forward to the next chapter (I can just see the whole thing happening with the voices and everything)

Aww poor Marlin! and poor Nemo! He didnt seem to know that one rule about wish making is that you dont say what you wished for or else it wont come true. Although i realize it wont come true anyway and it wouldnt have been much of an opening chapter if Nemo didnt say what he wished for.

lennonluvr9: Well, I just thought that they were so close together that they’d tell each other anything. Also, I just wanted to point out that Nemo knows about his broken family and would wish that some of it can be fixed up again.

Two:

Marlin said to Dory, “Dory, can you pick up Nemo from school today?”
“Got it!” Dory replied cheerfully.
“Um, Dory, you might wanna put that on your organizer.”
“Organizer? What organizer? Oh that organizer!” Dory giggled.
“Oh, please tell me you didn’t lose it.” Marlin sighed.
“I didn’t lose it. Lose what?”
“Never mind.”
Later on, Dory was on her way to Nemo’s school, but lost the directions. Then she saw a little clownfish. “Speedo!” she swam over to the clownfish, then realized she was mistakened. The clownfish looked a lot like Nemo, same age and everything. But this one was a girl.

Nemo waited after school for someone to pick him up. Finally, he caught sight of Dory. “What took you so long?” he whined.
“I dunno. Do you have a-” Dory paused and scratched her head.
“A what?” asked Nemo.
“Never mind. I don’t remember. C’mon Demo.”
“I don’t get why Dad sent you to pick me up…again,” said Nemo. “What is up with him these days?”
“I don’t know, maybe he’s trying to get a new Mom for you?”
“You mean like dating?” Nemo said disgustedly. “Uh-uh. Not Dad.”
“Well, it was just a wild guess,” said Dory. Then she looked deep in thought, as if she just remembered something. “Hey, Mo, are you an…only child?”
“I live like one,” replied Nemo. “But I wonder if…”

Later on in the day, Nemo asked, “Dad, do I have any siblings?”
Marlin said, “Why do you choose now to talk about that?”
“No reason,” mumbled Nemo.
Marlin sighed slowly, “They’re all gone now. I thought I told you before.”
“You did. But…all of them?”
“Yes, even your mom’s with them. You know that, don’t you?”
“You sure that even-”
“Yes, I’m sure! I went to check and you were the only one that survived.”
“How can you be sure?” questioned Nemo.
“Because, Nemo, I was there. An experience best left forgotten. End of story. Let’s not relive it. Who wants to go to the park?” Marlin tried to change the subject., which was probably just as well because Nemo didn’t want to stay on it.

Interesting! There were so many eggs, I suppose its possible Marlin could have missed one.

Ooh, it’s getting really interesting now. Actually how could he be sure that Nemo was the only egg left? Those eggs are really small

:smiley: Thanks guys! I really appreciate comments! :smiley:

Three:

“I don’t get why Dad makes you pick me up and watch over me,” mumbled Nemo.
“Oh, I’m sure he’s just busy nowadays,” shrugged Dory.
“Too busy even to go to the park with me? He used to never leave me alone, and now he’s gone completely opposite!” said Nemo.
Despite her short-term memory loss, Dory felt sorry for Nemo. But since she didn’t want to hear him so unhappy, she pretended she lost her memory again. “Hey, speaking of opposites, how many opposites do you know? Ooh, I got one. Tadpole and frog, day and night, dark and light…”
“Before and after,” sighed Nemo. “As in how it’s strange how much has changed to Dad before and after…” The little clownfish didn’t want to get into it. “We’re at the park now. Tad, Sheldon, Pearl, and Squirt said that they’re going to be there. See ya later!”
“Whoa there Tomio. I may not remember well, but at least tell me where you’re going,” said Dory.
“To the…To the sand field,” said Nemo.
“What’s so great about the sand field?” asked Dory.
“There’s sand…in a field…and lots of stuff in between,” mumbled Nemo.
“Ooh, really big sponge beds!” exclaimed Dory. “Well, have fun, Cheerio!”
Nemo headed over the sand field when he could have sworn he passed a mirror from a sunken ship. Nemo swam back but saw nothing…except Dory on the seaweed swings.
He headed foward again when he bumped into someone.
“Sorry,” the both said at the same time. Then they looked up. Nemo couldn’t help but stare and gasp.
“It’s not polite to stare,” said the other young clownfish Nemo found himself looking at. But she started staring back.
“I’m sorry, it’s just that-” they both said and laughed. They looked similar, almost identical and about the same age. Of course, from what people see through their eyes, they’d think that all clownfish were the same. But there are some things that fish can sense about the other that people don’t know about. Nemo felt a strange connection, almost unexplainable.
“I gotta go…” started the girl clownfish.
“Wait! When can we meet?” asked Nemo. The girl giggled, “Is that how you react when you see a girl?” But she knew the real reason why he asked that. “I know, but we might not see each other again anyway.”
“Never?”
“Well, I am pretty bored sometimes these days, and I could use some excitement. I usually go to this really cool secret hideout…”
“Ooh, I want to see it! Where is it?” asked Nemo. “I mean, if you want to tell me.”
“Sure. I’ve always wanted to share with someone.” She told him the location and description. “I’m Nelle, by the way,” she added. “What’s your name?”
“I’m Nemo.”
“Nemo? That’s what my mom said she would have called me if only I were a boy! Oh, well, see ya then, Nemo!”
“See ya, Nelle!” Nemo echoed back. Then he swam towards the sand field to find his friends.
“Hey,where’ve you been?” asked Tad.
“Sorry, I ran into this girl-” Nemo stopped immediately, wanting to take back what he said. He realized that maybe he shouldn’t have said “girl”.
“I’d rather not talk about it.”
“Good idea. Why did you want us to meet at the boring sand field?” questioned Pearl.
“Because it’s just a meeting place. I know this really cool place where we can go to!” grinned Nemo. He was going to show them a huge underwater cliff with shiny stuff that he thought could be treasure, but he thought that the new place Nelle told him about sounded much cooler. No, I shouldn’t. Nelle told me that for me to keep to myself. And I will stay true to my word. Besides, I’m pretty sure that that cliff had the leftover bits of an ancient sunken butt!
Even though he and his friends had fun discovering and collecting stuff at the cliff, and even sliding down it, it seemed that all Nemo could think about was Nelle and what the secret place really was.

That’s such an interesting concept, it would be funny if Marlin mistook Nelle as Nemo and took her home and vice versa. I’m so hooked I can’t wait till the next chapter.

Four:

The next morning:
“Dory, where’s Nemo?” Marlin asked, trying to be calm.
“Relax, he said that he was going to school,” said Dory.
“Oh no, something’s going on.”
“How do you know?”
“It’s Saturday.”

Nemo met Nelle in the secret location. It was a small cave opening that led to a huge cavern filled with treasures. “Finally,” Nelle said. “I thought you weren’t coming.”
“Whoa, this place is huge!” Nemo remarked, listening to an echo that followed.
“I know, I love it too,” Nelle smiled.
“Do your parents know about it?” asked Nemo.
“No, my mom is too busy nowadays, so I’m usually here alone.”
“What about the rest of your family?” asked Nemo. “Any brothers, sisters…?”
“No,” Nelle sighed sadly. “My mom told me they weren’t lucky enough to survive.”
“Survive? What about your dad?” asked Nemo. How broken could her family be?
“He died from an attack of a barracuda before I hatched. He did it to save my mom. She tried to rescue the rest but only made it out with me.”
Nemo mused, Why does that sound familiar? But looking at how sad Nelle became telling the story, he didn’t want to spend the time making someone unhappy.
Nelle changed the subject and the rest of the time she showed him the grand amount of amazing objects in the cavern.

Later:
“Antonio! Your father’s going berserk!” Dory cried.
“Nemo! Where have you been?” demanded Marlin, anxious as ever.
“Hanging out with my friend-”
“You should have told first. I’m gonna tell their parents-”
“No,” Nemo interrupted. His classmates shouldn’t be punished if they weren’t involved. “It was my new friend, Nelle.” Nemo was about to tell about her hard life, but decided that should remain between them. Instead, he said, “She was new. And we were studying together.” It was true. Nelle was new in Nemo’s life and they had been studying her collection.
Marlin’s frown lightened up a little. “Okay, but next time, be sure to tell me before you take off again.”
“Sorry, dad.”
“It’s all right, son. Maybe someday you could have Nelle over. Did you introduce her to your other buddies, yet?”
“I will.” But not until we know each other well enough.

Cool! They finally made contact! I really like how well you got their personalities.

Thanks lennonluvr9, MiniChuchan, and Atta for your comments. :slight_smile:

Five:
“Nelle, I need to talk to you,” said Nemo after school.
“What about?” asked Nelle.
“First of all, which school do you go to?”
“I don’t go to school. I learn enough exploring places all by myself,” Nelle replied.
“What?” Nemo was surprised. Nelle never went to school? “What do you mean by yourself? You mean you’re homeschooled, like, your mom teaches you?”
“No, she’s very busy. I mean I go places myself. How do you think I know about the secret hideout- which is still a secret, right?”
“Yes, it is. So…what’s your mom’s name?”
“Why is that important?”
“Just wondering.”
“Fine, if you want to know, it’s Coral.”
Nemo felt his heart skip a beat. This is the answer he needed in order to be sure about the conclusion he had made before. “And your dad’s Marlin.”
Nelle’s attention fully turned to Nemo with astounded eyes. “You knew my dad?”
“Correction: I know your dad. In fact, I should say, I know our dad,” Nemo said.

Later, at the secret hideout:
“My dad’s story connect’s with your mom’s story,” explained Nemo. “The barracuda came, and Dad tried to keep it from killing the rest of the family, but was knocked out. When he woke up, Mom was gone, as well as all of our almost-siblings. I was the only one left there. Only now I know I wasn’t the only one that survived.”
“Wow. All this time we’ve been separated,” said Nelle. “We should get our parents to meet again.”
“How?”
“Little by little, maybe. I could come over, Dad may or may not realize what’s going on. If he doesn’t, we wait. Then, when Mom comes over to pick me up…”
“That might work. But easier said than done. I mean, it can’t be that simple, can it?” said Nemo.
“We might need a backup plan, too,” shrugged Nelle. “But we should try as soon as possible. Oh, and Nemo?”
“Yeah?”
“After school, can you tell me everything you learned?”
“Sure.”

No, I dont think I need PMs to tell me when it’s been updated, but you know, if you really want to, I wont object.

Anyway, sounds like they are finally learning who they really are. I was wondering who would bring it up first and it looks like Nemo put 2 and 2 together. I look forward to the upcoming chapters once Marlin finds out about this. I’m sure he’ll be completely beside himself to say the least.

Six:

It was morning, and the reef glistened in the light of the sun reflecting into the water. Color was alive and awaking by the touch of a new day. The morning was a special invitation to a fabulous day ahead. But not everyone paid much attention to that.
Coral and her daughter were up at that time in their home. But for Coral, the moment of waking up meant the moment to start running errands and going to work. She trusted her daughter enough to take care of herself and explore fascinating to creepy places. (She was afraid that being overprotective would only make matters worse, like the barracuda incident in the past) Nelle knew her way around the neighborhood and beyond. Even though they lived together, Nelle felt far apart from her mother.
Before Coral left for work, Nelle told her quickly, “I’m going to have a playdate with my friend Nemo, is that alright?”
Coral stopped what she was doing. “Who?”
“My new friend, Nemo. We’re gonna hang out for a while until you’re done working. I’ll know when that is. Then you can pick me up. Please? I mean, all that time when you’re out working, I’ve run out of places to explore. I’d like to look for more, with a friend. I’ll tell you where his house is.”
“Well, okay then,” smiled Coral. “I’m glad you’re making friends. You finally have a buddy to swim with. Just tell me the directions, and I’ll pick you up after my job is over.” Then she added, “What did you say your friend’s name was?”
“Nemo,” Nelle answered.
“Nemo?” Coral repeated to herself, pondering, Why does that ring a bell?

At school, Nemo learned something special besides science. He, with the entire class, was amazed at the mythology related to the sea they learned that day. The class was so hooked at the myths and legends they learned, as well as some old stories from the human world, that no one wanted to stray away. Everyone paid more attention than usual; even Pearl, Sheldon, and Tad didn’t ditch the class this time.
Mr. Ray informed the class that they could learn more and even see more about this strange mythology, and also about pirates, in a few weeks. The teacher really got the class excited when he told them that once that time arrives, they would be going on a field trip! “Remember to tell your parents!” he reminded the class. After school, every student was talking about how much fun it was going to be.

Nelle traveled to Nemo’s home (which Nemo had told her before how to get there). She waited politely outside of the anemone, knocking on the side.
Nemo was quick to answer. He poked his head out, and at the sight of Nelle, his face formed an excited grin.
When Marlin saw the guest, Nemo introduced, “Dad, this is Nelle.”
“Hi, D- Nemo’s dad,” Nelle said. She didn’t want to shock him too soon.
“Pleasure to meet you. It’s nice for Nemo to have friends,” Marlin replied. “It’s strange how much you two look alike…”
Nelle started eagerly, “That’s because I’m-”
“Because she’s a master of disguise,” Nemo interrupted quickly. Nelle gave him a look and secret signal that said, Where are you going with this? Why don’t we tell him?!
Nemo added, “We wanted to dress up as twins for twin day at school, and she’s got the stuff for it.” He silently answered Nelle through their own secret code, We should let it be broken to him slowly. He’ll realize it at the right time.
I don’t even go to school! Nelle sent the thought to him.
“Twin day, huh? Interesting idea, why doesn’t anyone tell me what goes on in school these days?” Marlin chuckled. “So how do you really look like?” he asked Nelle.
“Like a clownfish, duh,” said Nelle. “I’m still a clownfish.”
“Do your parents know you’re here?” Marlin asked.
“Yes. My mom will be here to pick me up later. And I’m sure my dad knows…” she stopped, recieving Nemo’s look that said, Don’t say it yet!. “…er, I mean yes, they do. Like I said before, my mom’s gonna pick me up. Oh, and is it okay if I show Nemo someplace to play in? I know the way there and back, and we promise not to get into trouble there. We promise to come back.”
“Well, okay,” replied Marlin. He was worried about letting them so someplace, but he didn’t want to seem like he didn’t trust them.
“Great! Thanks, sir,” Nelle grinned. She and Nemo went off, and both knew where they were headed.

(please comment as soon as possible, thank you)

the earlier story brought forth thoughts about the speration between marlin and coral.

Why did she not try to find him again??
Did they seperate for a reason???

I think that when/if Coral came back to the anemone, it was too late. Marlin and Nemo have moved to somewhere else besides the drop-off at that time. Coral might have thought that he was gone for good and it may have been hard searching for him while taking care of another egg.

yah most likely the lost egg.
That would be good enough.

I’m waiting with anticipation for the climax of this story! Nemo and Nelle already have secret brother/sister communication, how cute!

:slight_smile:

Seven:

Nemo and his sister made it to the secret cave where they hung out. They were so happy to talk about the delightful things they knew about.
“Guess what? I found something new underneath the sand here! It’s so cool, I want to show you,” Nelle informed excitedly. “But first, tell me about your school. What did you do today? I’d love to hear about it.”
Her brother said, “It’s so cool. We learned about pirates and legends and stories and myths, and- and mermaids!”
“Mermaids, you learned about mermaids in school? Tell me more! What are mermaids?”
“Mermaids are these sea creatures that have a human body on top, and a long fish tail instead of legs,” said Nemo.
“Wow, I think that sounds familiar…” Nelle pondered.
“Oh, and we get to go on a field trip in few weeks to a museum of human legends and underwater history! I can’t wait! I might actually see mermaid bones! Then again, they’re not real…”
“You can see one now,” Nelle told him.
“What? How?” Nemo asked.
“That’s what I was going to show you. I found a skeleton buried underneath the sand. I thought it was a human, until I saw where the legs were supposed to be.” Nelle and Nemo uncovered shallow sand on the floor and revealed a skull and remainds of a mermaid.
The top was just a human’s, or at least it had to be, Nemo thought, since he never saw the insides of a human. In place of leg bones, there was one long, scaly fish tail, dirtied and aged, withering away. There were some fins left on the remaining flesh, and where the tail was shriveled , they could see some bones in it that were like a fish’s. But if they looked carefully, they could spot that there was a second bone, like a human has two legs.
Nemo was dumbfounded and stared in awe. “Is this even possible?”
“Apparently,” Nelle shrugged. “Right next to the chances of me and you being siblings all along and never knowing it until recently.”
“Do you think they still exist?”
“I don’t think so. This must be old.”
“This is awesome, though. This should be part of the museum!”
“Mom works at that museum, you know.”
“Really? You could take the cool stuff in here and have her put it in.”
“No, then it’ll be ‘cleaned’ and destroyed. Then it could be stolen, or worse. I’d rather have them right where I can always find them,” Nelle disagreed.
“Oh. Okay then. Maybe I’ll see you on the field trip, if you can go to work with Mom.”
“Maybe. Do you think we should go back now? I want to see their faces when they see each other again.”
“Yeah, let’s go,” agreed Nemo. As they left, he took one good look back at the amazing find of the mermaid skeleton. What wonderful change it could do to the way everyone thought about mermaids. What fame it, and they, could get. It seemed too interesting to just lay there as a secret. Nemo couldn’t help but think that despite that Nelle hated for it to happen, it was better off belonging on display for all to see.