Monique: A Ratatouille Fanfic

Hahahahaaa… A113, it was gonna happen. don’t worry lennen, this one is not depressing :slight_smile:

Chapter 1:
“Dad, what kind of entertainment?”
“Well, Emile and I thought that the restaurant could use a little music.”
Remy sighed. It was his restaurant! Well, technically it was Linguini’s, because he was the human, but still. Remy cooked.
“Well, if you have too, please don’t get some pop artist or something. I won’t have that.”
“Don’t worry, son, we won’t. I was thinking about this girl.” He held up a add in the paper. Remy read it.
Singer. Young, plays piano and guitar. Available anywhere in Paris. Plays any music, any genre. Dijano sighed.
“I don’t understand why they started making this paper. It’s only writtien on a peice of bark. Most rats can’t read anyway.”
Remy snorted. “She expects us to believe that? No one makes genuine rat sized pianos or guitars.”
“Still, I want to try. Who knows? It could bring us even more costumers.”
“Fine. But if I don’t like her, it’s a done deal, agreed?”
“Yeah, yeah, yeah. When did you get so bossy?” His dad joked.
“When I opened a five star restaurant and got you out of the sewers.”

“Well, i think thats her coming up to the doorway.” Dijano said.
Remy was standing with his family, looking out the window two days later.
“Oooh, shes hot.” Emile said.
“C’mon, Emile.” Remy moaned.
“Well don’t you think so?”
“Uh, well, I, uh, think she is pleasantly attractive.”
She was beautiful. She had yellowish-gray fur, sky blue eyes, and a winning smile. as she came through the door, the Remy dropped down followed by Dijano and Emile.
“Um, hello.” She said in a voice as beautiful as she was. “I’m Monique, the singer.”
“I’m Remy, the owner of Ratatouille.”
“Oh, really? I heard you are an amazing cook!”
“Um, thank you.” Remy’s eyes widened. “You walk on your hind legs!”
“Oh, yeah. I know it’s kinda weird…”
“No no! I like that! I do too, to keep my food clean.”
“Really? I’ve never met another rat who does that! I like to practice sitting strait when playing, so-”
“Well,” Dijano said “Not that this isn’t, um, terribly amusing, but lets hear you play, shall we?”
“Oh, yes. I’ll go set up.”
As she walked outside to get her instruments, Remy smiled.
“Looks like we’ve got our girl. I told you she’d work out!”
“Oh yes, your a genius.” Dijano replied.

Hehe, cute. <3 Pretty fluffy, but cute.

Though, when I think of Monique I think of a character from one of my favorite films. Still, good choice. :smiley:

Oh, man, is this one gooooooooshy story! XD

Actually, it’s not bad. Keep it up, RR!

D’aww!

When I read “Uh, well, I, uh, think she is pleasantly attractive.”, I instantly put that voice to when Remy says “I’ve been able to, um, observe them from a close-ish range”

Very cute! It’s kinda funny to think of Remy falling for another rat. I always thought he would be “married” to his job…

well you kept complaining about my cars one, so i decided to make this one really light hearted.

kay guys, i forgot to mention something about the paper in the last chapter. so if you check, i’v edited it.

Chapter 2
Monique came back carrying two handmade instruments, the piano made from seeds as keys, and the guitar a walnut shell connected to a twig.
“My grandfather made them. They are my family’s most prized possession.” She stroked them a couple times, then picked up the guitar and started to sing.
As she sang, the music filled the room, like a sweet aroma. Her voice was smooth, almost haunting, and Remy listened to it, fascinated. When she finished, she smiled.
“So do I get the job?”
“Absolutely.” Remy said. “I just have to talk it over with my partner.”
When Linguini okayed it, Remy had her start the next night. She was a hit. She got a standing ovation every song. He found himself almost cooking to the music. He would move in pace with the beat, throwing and pouring as if he was doing a strange dance.
“Wow, little chef. You are cooking even better than usual.” Collete said, as she closed up for the night. She kissed Linguini goodbye and rode off.
“You coming, little chef?” He asked. Remy shook his head no. This came as no surprise. Remy often liked to stay out and explore Paris. As Linguini left, Remy hopped up to the rat level and walked over to Monique.
“You sang really well tonight.” He said.
“Thank you.”
“Did you write that? I’ve never heard it.”
“Yes, actually. This may sound weird, but the songs just come to me. Once I start, I can’t stop. It all flows to me so fast, I can barley get it on instrument. Do you know what I mean?”
“Yeah. The same thing happens to me with food. It’s like…instinct.” Remy said.
“Wow.” She said, and looked down at the piano.
“Thank you.”
“For what?”
“This job. My family, well, we aren’t getting a long so well, and It would be nice to have extra food. And I don’t like stealing.”
“You don’t?”
“No.”
“Me neither.”
She smirked.
“Well, thats easy for you to say, you can get all the food you want.”
“Hey, I was a country colony rat once!” He replied.
She laughed. “You where?”
“Yeah. I grew up in some old lady’s home.”
“I’m sorry, I would have never thought someone like you…”
“Uh, yeah. I understand.”
“Well, I better get home. Bye.” She walked off.
Remy watched her go. He smiled, and walked out himself.

That gets another D’awwwwwwwww from me!

I’ll be awaiting chapter 3 :slight_smile:

I can’t believe what i’m about to do…d’awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Did i just… :open_mouth:

XD

Keep going, RR! I might discover somethin weird about myself. 8D

nice to know my fanfics are helping you find yourself.

Absolutely amazing, rac_rules! :smiley: I’ve been waiting a while for another fanfiction to read. And speaking of fanfictions, I wrote one, too, and am waiting for a response to mine.

aw, thank you. i’ll try and read yours. :smiley:

Chapter 3
For the next couple of days, Remy enjoyed listening to the music and chatting with Monique afterward. He found that they had so much in common. They both had a dream, knowing that they had little chance of it come true, but continued to chase it anyway. Difference was, he got his dream. Shes still chasing. Over time, he became more and more fascinated with her. One night, he asked about her family.
“Oh, there just your normal everyday rats. Nuthin’ special.” Still, Remy was interested. How could such an amazing rat come from an everyday family? Monique seemed to read his mind.
“Don’t look at me like that. What about you? You started out a normal rat and grew to become a legend.”
Thats true Remy thought.
When he walked home, he spied her creeping into a small hole. He told himself it was wrong, but he followed her.
“Mom, I’m home!” He heard her call. As his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he saw her, two adult rats (he assumed they where her mother and father) and many, many young ones.
“Whats for dinner today, Moni?” one particularly small one asked. Actually, they all where small, skinny, and looked practically starving. The hole itself was small and stuffy, and reeked of rotting foods of all sort.
“Mmmm… something good tonight!” She said, ruffling his hair. Remy felt a little guilty that he had given her the amount he had. It seemed to little compared to her family.
Suddenly, Monique spun around, and her eyes became twice as large.
“Uuuummmm, Mom, this is Remy, my boss.”
“Oh, your Remy? I expected you to be…older.”
“Mom!” whispered Monique sharply.
“What?” She replied.
"Uh, Remy, let me show you the rest of the hole.
There wasn’t much. But that wasn’t what Monique had in mind.
“Do you usually follow your employees home?”
“I just saw you go in your hole, and, well, I was curious. I don’t know why you didn’t want me to meet them so bad. They seem nice.”
“It’s not that, it’s just…”
“What?”
“Well, you really seemed to be so… I dunno. If you haven’t noticed, it’s not exactly the lack of luxury.”
“Why would you think I would care? A rat is a rat. We don’t have very high expectations.” He had only said this really to make her feel better. He wouldn’t eat the food her home smelled like. Still, it worked.
“Thank you. I just…sorta… expected someone as intelligent and high class of you to have higher standards. Come, on, eat with us.”
It was a very cheerful meal. even if there wasn’t enough food to go around, that didn’t stop the little ones from telling jokes and playing games. Remy was surprised about how much the little ones savored the food he had cooked. He realized that he’d been gone from eating scraps so long, he forgot what it was like.
As he left, Monique met him at the door.
“Thank you.”
“No, I should be thanking you. You had me tonight”
“No, I mean, for all this. For the job, the food, everything. We don’t have much, as you can see, and it’s nice.”
“Your welcome.”
There was a silence, and then she softly kissed him on the cheek.
“Uh, goodbye.” She said.
“Goodbye.” He said, sounding a little more dazed then he would’ve liked. He finally turned around and left.

Aw…that was adorable! And the part where Monique kissed Remy’s cheek reminded me of a scene in A Bug’s Life. Anyway, brilliant story you got there!

ya. i love that part. (in ABL, i mean)

Can’t…stand…it…so…swe…covers mouth

breathes in goodjobrac breathes out, faints

:frowning: thanks. but, are you okay? DON’T DIE, BOY!

:astonished: Where am I? XD

I’m fine. THX for checkin. :smiley:

Hehe, I love where this is going. Or maybe I’m just happy to be reading stuff about Remy.

Either way, keep it up :sunglasses:

Chapter 4

The next day, Remy thought about Monique every minute. He was his day off, so Collete would do the cooking for the night. As he sat in the apartment that he and Linguini shared, he thought about her, and how she had kissed him. Then something confused him. He ran out of the apartment and caught up to her as she was going home.
“How come it’s just you and your family, and not a whole colony?” He asked. She sighed, looked around, and pulled him under a tree.
“My grandfather was a…” She looked down. “A pet.” Remy’s eyes widened. If there was one everlasting hatred in the world, it was between pets and wild animals. Especially rats. Many wild rats, including his father, saw pet rats as spoiled, fat, lazy snobs who never needed to lift a paw. Pet rats often saw the wild ones as dirty, rude, malicious scavengers.
“I don’t care.” he said, surprising himself. He realized, however, he didn’t. He was better than to judge people for being different from him. He’s a cooking rat, for Pete’s sake!
“You don’t?”
“No.”
“Thank you.” And there came their usual awkward silence.
“Um, I was gonna walk around Paris today,” Remy said, “Would you like to join me?”
Monique smiled. “I’d love to.”
The pair walked down the cobblestone streets, Monique seemed transfixed at all the sights.
“Whats is it? haven’t you seen this before?”
“No, not really. I always have to be home soon after work to help take care of the little ones.”
“What about tonight?” He asked.
“I think I can have one night for myself.”
“Well, we’re gonna have to make that a good night, aren’t we?” He grabbed her paw and ran her to all of his favorite places. The last place he brought her was a little cafe near the river. They couldn’t eat at it, of course, but it was still a beautiful place to be. There was a violinist playing nearby, and the trees where filled with lights that seemed to dance as they reflected across the river. Remy looked at her, and the lights also where reflecting on her soft blue eyes. As they sparkled, he noticed how lovely they where. She joined his gaze, but then caught herself. Remy looked away to, and noticed some humans by the cafe where dancing to the violin music. He looked at her, and held out his paw. She slowly took it, and they danced too. Monique rested her head on his shoulder. Remy’s heart was beating.
“RAAAAT!” screamed someone, and the two took off running. Remy was serious, but she was laughing.
“Whats so funny?” he asked, when they reached safety.
“If you always get worked up about how people see you, you’ll always be upset.” She answered.
Remy thought about this. He had always wished he could make humans change. He did always get worked up about it. Maybe he did need to relax.
“Well, goodnight.” She said, and walked away.
Remy thought about all that had happened in the past few days. He’s never experienced something like this before. He didn’t really know what to make of it. He then knew what to do. He would talk to Emile. Emile wouldn’t really be any help, but he could talk to him about anything. Remy started to head home.

Just wondering…do Linguini and Colette know about Monique?