bright dot-dasher's Parallel Fanfics: Evacuation

(Title: Evacuation

Summary of this post: If a spark had not been put out, the rapidly growing fire would threaten and challenge many lives. Among these lives stand out the lives of two kids. Parallel stories- would Andy (Toy Story) or Mary (Monsters, Inc) dare leave behind what matters to them the most?)

Summary Overall: What happens when Pixar characters find themselves in a dangerous evacuation situation? Would they dare leave behind what really matters to them, or risk their lives for their prized possessions? (parrallel stories)

Some inspiration came from seeing Coral risk her life for her precious children, and Remy risk his life for his beloved cookbook.

Please comment, thank you :slight_smile:

Mary
[i]I am drawing more and more pictures. I don’t know how it comes it me, it just does. I just think of something and draw it out. I can even draw with my eyes closed. According to lots of grown-ups, I am really imaginative when it comes to mythical creatures. Truth is, actually, that I didn’t exactly make them up. At bedtime, I grab a flashlight and my favorite toy, and go into the closet. I study textbooks from Monstropolis. They were real photographs. But I don’t need to copy them. I draw what I feel. I draw what I remember. I draw what I dream.

But why is it so warm in here? What is that burning smell? Suddenly, I hear the shrill, ear-piercing screaming of the smoke detector. I want to shout “Make it stop!” but I hurt my voice. It shoots through the limit of my hearing. It gets warmer and warmer- a murderous warmer. In no time, I see the smoke that emerges from out of nowhere. The house is surrounded by the deathly smoke. The smoke finds a way in the house. It hurts my eyes and my nose. I start to sweat. I start to choke. I start to cough.

Then I see something even scarier. Flames. Red hot, fiery orange, evil fire everywhere. The walls are melting in it. The house is falling in it. I can’t breathe. I am trapped. I am stuck.

I hear my family crying and yelling for me. The floor catches on fire. It spreads quickly. My drawings…my precious drawings…they become victim of the fire. My art set burns away. My bed is not safe. The walls are crumbling, the ceiling falling, the floor crackling- I feel it.

I am going to die, I know it. I drop my flashlight and hug my stuffed animal close. I try not to panic. But it looks so scary. I scream until I have no voice.

I hear people screaming. I hear sirens outside. Oh, no, not them. They will make me leave. I can’t leave it, even if it kills me. I won’t leave it, I won’t live on without it.

Hurry, before the door is on fire, too. I hide myself in the closet. The only thing I have left. I close the door and squeeze the handle tight. I breathe heavily, afraid each time that it’s the last breath I will take.

I want to scream, but my voice can’t. I scream in my head. The fire makes the door thinner and thinner. Please don’t let it be too late. If it’s the last thing I do. Please, I pray. This is my last hope. I believe.

Anyone else would have told me to get away and stay somewhere else. But I can’t stay and watch in horror as it burns. If this door shall burn, let me burn with it. That’s how much I love it. It’s more than just a door. It’s a whole new world to me.

I have friends there, friends that can make everything better.

But no one else understands. No one else sees that I’m not going anywhere. Not a chance. Not me. Not now. Not ever.[/i]

Andy
[i] I am in my room, drawing random pictures. My toys are on my desk, in the box, on my bed, under my bed, and on my shelf. Actually, they’re everywhere in my room, but I know exactly where everyone is. We have just finished reenacting a scene from a movie. I am drawing pictures, and rewriting the scene. I am remixing it, editing it, changing it so it’s more original. The toys are sitting there, smiling at me.

Sometimes I could almost swear that they winked at me, or said something when I’m not looking. But I think I just have a overworking imagination. Still, it’s good to know that I can talk to them about anything, and they won’t make fun of me for it. Right now I am thinking about changing Bo Peep’s role. She might get annoyed that she’s always the damsel in distress.

While I think about Bo Peep’s new character, suddenly I smell something burning. At first, I think it’s just somebody cooking, but I sniff again. It smells serious. Like smoke. Smoke leading to flames of fire.

Oh, no! I panick in my head. It sure feels hot. I am sweating even though I am barely moving. I can smell it, feel it, sense it. I know the terrible truth- there is fire.

I drop my art set and paper, and make a dash for it, knocking over a chair. I trip, but get up and keep moving anyway. Obviously, the smoke detector isn’t working. But if people could read my mind, they’d hear screaming from inside me louder than a siren.

Molly, Buster, and my mom are not at home. I have to get out myself. I have to rescue myself.

I gasp for air, but the air is not clear and clean. My nose fills with that horrible odor of smoke. I want to get out, I want to escape before the fire gets to me. But I am panicking so much that I don’t know what to do. All those lessons and warnings I learned about what to do in a situation like this- they’ve left my mind blank.

I hear the roaring sirens of a fire engine. But I still have to make it known that I am in here. “Help!” I cry, and feel my throat burning. I feel myself getting really hot; I feel myself suffering from the worry and the heat.

I want to run. I want to escape. I want to go back to this morning, when everything was normal. I want to rewind time and make sure I got out of the house before this happened.

But wait, my toys! My beloved, many toys! I know, anyone would just tell me to forget it- it isn’t worth risking my life for them. That’s probably true, but I don’t know if I could live without them. Most of them had been with me since forever, and losing them would feel painful. Some people would say it’s silly. They would try and satisfy me by getting me new ones. But they would never replace my own toys right here- they have something important about them that I cannot explain.

I cannot take it, and feel myself getting light-headed. I fall, and everything goes black. I know I am going to die, and all for those toys. The last sight I see is my collection of toys. After a blink or so, they’ve disappeared, but I think it’s only because of me dying.

I cannot believe it. I’ve survived! I am alive! But how? Nobody says they know. People start shooting me questions. I say, “I don’t know,” to almost everything. Who saved me? I sigh and feel heartbroken again, because my toys aren’t with me. They were like a part of me. But then, I cannot believe the miracle! They’re with me! They’re all with me!

But how? How come the toys disappeared from my sight in my room? How did I get out of the house? Who saved me? And how did my toys manage to make it with me? These questions still haunt me, but I don’t care. I’m just so glad that I survived, and was spared the gloom and doom of my precious posessions being lost for eternity. I am so relieved, I cry tears of joy. [/i]

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it. Your comments will mean a lot to me, so once again, please comment! :slight_smile:

Wow!! This is a really interesting concept! An evacuation situation from the perspective of two kids from other Pixar films!

I LOVE how you did the Boo one. You wrote it so discreetly! I almost couldn’t tell it was her until the end of the story with the talk about the door (probably because I forgot that Mary was her actual name). But then it came back to me… the mythical creatures. Brilliant! And she loves to draw and all. And her attachment to the closet door. Wonderful.

And of course, Andy. He referred to his toys as “everyone” and not “everything”. I love that. It totally taps in to how he feels so close to his toys.
And again, very discreet in how he was saved with all his toys by his side. Yet, enough detail so that we know it was the toys that did it. Amazing!

Great work!
I hope you’ll check out my Ratatouille fics, if you’re interested!
www.fanfiction.net/~ColetteTatou

viewtopic.php?t=2280&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Sheila

Thanks! I’ve been waiting so long for a reply on this! And I’m going to read yours now. :smiley:

You’re welcome! Yeah, I wonder why no one else has commented on these, they’re great! Maybe you should edit the subject of your post and make it flashier. Like BRIGHT DOT-DASHER’S FANTASTIC AMAZING EXCITING FANFICTION. That might reel 'em in. Or use false advertising like FREE BEER or something… :laughing:

Sheila

I just read it. Very creatve, ice Fanfiction. :smiley:

CaseyDH14: Thank you! :smiley:

I changed the subject title a little, but I don’t want to sound too braggy :slight_smile:

very good ff!!!

Thanks, moonstarms!I’m thinking of doing The Incredibles point of view next, but if I do decide to write it, it might be a while before I post it.

Oh if you do, I will read it and review it. I can’t wait to read it, if you decide to do it.

TSS: Mentioning TI catches your attention, doesn’t it? :slight_smile:

I’m in the process of coming up with it, and I think I will, but maybe later, because I am more focused on my other fanfics in mid-construction.

flying cows you have other ffs too where? goes to look for them

Great fic! I really liked the perspectives on both. I agree that its really discreet for Boo’s point and Andy was trying to figure out what was going on. Very well put together in thought and idea.

[lotus581: Thank you!

I’ll give The Incredibles a shot…

Summary: Now that you’ve read of whether Andy or Mary would risk their lives for something that matters to them, let’s see how the Incredible kids would handle it.
Helen and Bob, or should I say Elastigirl and Mr. Incredible, are not home. The kids are at home by themselves. Then the fire comes- but something important to their family is also in danger. Is it worth it?

This one’s going to be a lot longer…and different than the first two were.

Violet
[i] It’s Mom and Dad’s anniversary, and they’re gonna spend it the super way. They’re leaving for a day alone together. I’m relieved. They used to have arguments and it looked like they were gonna get divorced. I’m so glad they still love each other. That’s why I wanted to stay home. Everyone knows that couples get along best when no one else is around. That way they’d feel more comfortable with each other.

I know that in their room, they have stuff from the Glory Days, which I never got to see. It must be real special, and precious. It’s probably stuff for just between them. I understand, and I respect that…even though sometimes I can’t help but wonder what it is that they want to keep to themselves…well, now that they’re not home, I could…no, I shouldn’t…I’m going to keep my mind off that. Oh, boy, it’s haunting me. No, I’m going to control myself. Yeah. All I need to do is…find something else to do.

Maybe I could make Mom and Dad an anniversary card. Okay, here goes.

I’m writing a wonderful note for them. Hmm, there’s lots of blank space; they need to be filled in! But with what? I guess I’ll start drawing. It starts as simple happy smiley faces and hearts to beautiful flowers, to exciting jets and rockets. Oh, wait, I should probably get Dash to do something in it as well. [/i]

Dash
[i]I am in my room playing video games. I beat my own score already. I’m at the top level. This is too easy. Time for me to be the champion of a new game.
Just as I am about to get another game, Violet calls me. What does she want now?

She wants me to draw on her card to Mom and Dad for their anniversary. Ok, I can draw comics, stick figures, and rockets and spaceships, and robots and stars, and warriors and weapons and sharks and dinosaurs, and snakes and…

“Dash,” Violet says, “Don’t get too carried away. It’s supposed to be an anniversary card, not an exploding doodle book.”
“I’m not,” I tell her.

Okay, I still have to make sure Mom and Dad can tell it’s for their anniversary. I can draw the snakes kissing…ooh, and the sharks getting married! This is going to be great! Now maybe I can draw the stick figures saving the world, like they do…and then something exciting…like…fire!..[/i]

Violet
[i]Ugh, why do I even try? My immature brother doesn’t realize the meaning of this card. Oh, well. At least he’s excited.

I hear the phone ring. I run to get it, but then something stops me. I smell something. And it’s not a good kind of smell. It’s burning, and it’s evolving into something bigger. Something tells me this isn’t good…

The phone rings on, but I ignore it. I have something more important to deal with. The burning odor is creeping up on me. Now every breath I take heaves it in, and I constantly cough. Is it just me or is this place increasing in temperature?

The heat is spreading, and sweat trickles down my face. What is going on? I am getting worried. In the room, I sense the unexpected smoke. Wait…smoke! And not just smoke, the kind that always comes from…fire!

The filthy smoke from what I know is a rapidly growing wicked fire! I snap out of my tense position in place and know that I shouldn’t just stand there stupidly. I have to get out! I have to get Dash and Jack-Jack out![/i]

Dash
[i]This is freaky. Could it be a coincidence? Did I jinx it? All I did was draw fire to make the card full of action, and now it’s become reality!

“DASH!” my sister screams. “THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE! WE NEED TO GET OUT!”
“WE HAVE TO GET JACK-JACK!” I yell.
“I KNOW!” she yells back.

She runs off and comes back carrying Jack-Jack tight in her arms. He sees the fire and starts whining. “Jack-Jack, how could you destroy our home!” I exclaim.
“Hey, don’t blame him!” Violet yells. “He didn’t do this!”

We are making our way out. I get out first, obviously, and watch anxiously as Violet comes out. She is coughing and sweating, just like I am. Jack-Jack is crying loudly. What’s gonna happen to us?

Then Violet stops. “Here, take Jack-Jack!” she commands. “And stay where you are!”
“Where are you going?” I gasp.
“Mom and Dad’s things!”
“Forget it, Vi! We can always make another card!”
“Not that!” Then like crazy she runs into the house again, even though it is almost swallowed in flames.

“No!” I cry. Was she insane? Jack-Jack cries with me, except I use real words[/i]

Violet
[i]Not my best choice, leaving my brothers outside and running back into our house, which is on fire. But I just realized that so many valuble things that Mom and Dad kept since forever are in danger.

Okay, usually, a superhero has to risk a lot. People think that their house blowing up and having to run for their lives is just a part of a super’s life and no big deal. But just because we’re supers doesn’t mean this isn’t hard. Maybe it’s easier to survive, but it’s still hard to deal with knowing about sacrifices we have to make.

Mom and Dad made me promise never to touch it. It’s probabaly really special, and so special it keeps them together as long as no one else sees them. But they sure wouldn’t want it burned. I have to save it. It’s worth it. I know it’s worth it.

One good feeling I have is at least I know I didn’t cause the fire. I never opened the box. I was more self-controlled than Pandora from the Greek myth. So I know whatever caused the burning fire was not from the box. If I had opened it, I would have felt guilty that whatever it was in there was dangerous enough to cause fire.

I am dodging as much as I can. The fire is raging on, the unforgiving heat planning to trap me in. I am racing against time. I am trying to make it through, telling my opponent the flames “No chance you’re going to keep me down!”

Yes! The trunk is still in the master bedroom. But the fire is blocking me, as if evilly snickering, “There’s nowhere left to run!” No, I can’t let it take Mom and Dad’s stuff. If it cost me my life, I still would do anything to keep them together. Whatever’s in there could remind them through thick and thin that they were meant to be. If this fades into the fire, I could never forgive myself.

Why couldn’t I just put my force field over me? Because, force fields may beat bullets, but fire melts it away. It’s harder to hold a force field in a natural disaster. But it could help, I guess. I follow the safety procedures and make it through. It’s still not over, however. I try to protect the box, but I know I can never make it out with it alive. So I open the trunk.

Hurry, before I drown into the flames. I am not going to drown into it. I refuse to. I am fighting and cheating death. How peculier that inside this giagntic box is a pocket-sized book. But nothing’s as it seems.

I don’t care what it is. Right now, all I want to do is make it out of here alive. I hold on to it tight. I still use my force field as a sheild. However, I realize that my powers are weakening. I am using lots of energy, and I am surrounded by the horrible tongues of flames. I can still make it! [/i]

Dash
[i]Is Violet crazy? What has gotten into her? She’s running back into the house just for what? Doesn’t she realize what’s at stake here?

She had told me to stay. Me and Jack-Jack. I still blame him. He bursts up into flames way too often nowadays. I wonder why the smoke detecter hasn’t gone off. And what happened to our fire extinguishers? Why have they stopped working or disappeared?

Whatever weird thing Violet has in mind, it had better be important. Who in their right mind would run back into a house flaming on fire? I hope she’s all right. But she told me to stay, and today’s that rare day that I listen to her.

Jack-Jack is still screaming. I am afraid just like him. We’re toast…[/i]

Violet
[i]My lungs feel like busting as I take shorter breaths. My heart is pounding like a hammer. My legs keep on pumping as I try to make it out of the house. I smash the glass of the window open and leap out. I am so relieved, but I still cannot calm down.

I find Dash with Jack-Jack and hurry away with him. We have to find someplace. It won’t be safe forever outside the house.

Dash questions why I went back in. I tell him that he wouldn’t understand, except that it was definitely important. Then he questions why I couldn’t have just sent him to get it, because he’s faster. I tell him the reason was because I didn’t know what it was and was afraid he would break it. He has a fit.

But as we hug each other tight and I try my best to hold the force field around us as long as I could, something happens.

The fire stops. It is colder outiside. It’s…Frozone! Dad’s best friend! He arrives and defeats most of the fire. But what’s left continues to grow. The ice melts to make way. The ice is evaporating too fast. [/i]

Dash
[i]I turn to Violet and insist we find a way to help put out the fire. We can’t just wait here looking hopeless. We’re Incredibles for crying out loud!

She stops me with her force field and says it’s too dangerous. I thought we could take on dangerous stuff! I notice that she’s taking something out of her pocket. A miniature album, it looks like. Then she unlocks it and it unfolds automatically. It becomes a thick photo album, with pictures from the Glory Days.

And not just pictures! There are some hidden pockets inside the book- like from those little pop-up books except much cooler!

But how can Violet just admire these at a time like this? But it looks like she knows what she’s doing. [/i]

Violet

[i]I find that inside one of the pockets is something like a water gun contained in a pen. It holds a surprisingly large amount of liquid. Mom and Dad told me never to take their stuff and use them except for emergencies. This qualifies as an emergency.

I make the force field disappear and tell Dash to run back with the pen. He has no idea what I plan, but he wastes no time and obeys. I hold Jack-Jack tight and secure. I watch as Dash sprays as much water as he can to put out the fire. But of course, water isn’t all it takes.

At least it helped. Frozone has suceeded in putting out the fire. Dash has suceeded in helping him. And I have suceeded in saving what was so precious to Mom and Dad. Still, I respect their privacy and do not read past another section.

I wonder what Mom and Dad would think once they found out what happened.

[/i]

Lol TSS is gonna love that i know it!!! i havent read it yet bc gotta go to bed :stuck_out_tongue: ill read it tomorrow!!!

First off, I have gotta tell you that i really love it. You got me on the edge of my seat reading, wondering what will happen next. I really liked your style of wrting, switching back from one character to another. Really, really wonderful job.

lol yay im right what do i win?!! jk jk lol!

TSS: I’m glad you enjoyed it! :smiley: Just wondering, though, do you read any fanfics besides TI? For example, what did you think of the previous stories (Mary and Andy)?

I take a browse at them. I read a little, but I find myself totally intrested in the TI ones.

lol awesome tss

Awesome job…its rather hard to find really good posted stories in the Fan Fiction section.

They should highlight somes that are really good.
hint…hint… :wink: