What If... My Cars Fanfic

Hey. Actually, the idea for this fanfic was from two songs, Almost Lover and I’ll Think of a Reason Later. If you have not listened to these songs, you have to NOW! It is my idea of what would happen if Doc did not help him, so Lightning did not return, from Sally and Lightning’s point of view. Warning to S&L lovers, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Sally
It’s been almost a year since IT happened. Almost a year since I did the stupidest thing I’ve ever done. And that includes that stupid tattoo.
Almost a year since I let myself fall in love with that self-centered, self-absorbed punk.
And if you don’t know who I’m talking about, you need to get out more.
It was cute at first. He was annoying, then sweeter, then sweeter, till he tricked me into caring. Maybe it’s my own fault. I mean, I’m the one who took him for a drive. Don’t get me wrong, I completely over it (OK, mostly). Maybe if Doc hadn’t called the press… oh, what am I thinking? He did a favor to all of us.
Radiator Springs is shutting down. It’s not official, but money is tight, and, well, it might not be around much longer. I can’t believe it. This place has only been my home for a couple of years, but it feels like a life time.
“Sally, look at this. But I tell you now, you’re not going to be happy.” Flo said, looking at the TV screen. I looked at it, and my jaw dropped. There was Stickers, snuggling with Adrian Marloon, a famous actress. A Ferrari.
“Their engaged.”
“What?” I whispered.
“Honey…”
“No, it’s OK. I’m sure they deserve each other. Look at that freak. Shes looks like she hasn’t stepped out of the car wash in years. A VW Bug could probably beat her up!”
Flo laughed. “You bounce back quick!”
“Yes, I have never loved another like I love her.” The TV Mcqueen said. I wanted to look hurt, but I couldn’t.
I drove back to my empty motel. Once inside, I blew up.
“How could he? How could he act like this never happened? Like I never happened?” I yelled. My anger turned into tears. I loved him. I still do. I probably always will.
And no longer loves me back.

Up next, we hear from Lightning!

:`-(

I should’ve listened to that warning of yours (L&S fan here). Oh, well.

Very well written, though. Can’t wait to see more… :open_mouth:

Be strong, A113. :cry: Heres the next chapter.

Lightning
I’m fooling everyone.
I’m fooling everyone that I want to be up here.
If only I could fool myself.
Ever since that horrible loss last season, the paparazzi won’t get off my hood. Harv and I finally got them to believe I was thinking about a girl.
Which is true.
Just not this one.
No, I can’t think about her. Not now. Not while I’m announcing my engagement to another one.
“Is something wrong, Mcqueen?” Jay Limo asked.
“Uh, no. I just, uh, love her so much.”
“Nice improv.” she whispered.
“Uh, thanks.”
“Oh, yes, hes such a sweetie. I am so lucky.” Adrian said, flashing one of her winning smiles.
“Well, thats it for tonight, folkes. Lets say goodbye to the happy couple.”
Backstage, Adrian turned on her moter mouth.
“I want a house in Malibu, and when we divorce after a few months, we’ll make a big show of fighting over it, then give it to the poor for image. And you need to get a new shade of red, yours does not go with my candy apple.”
“Um, ok.”
I went to Harv on the phone.
“How long do I have to stay with her?”
“I know, I know. Just, long enough for a dramtic, and publicity making, breakup.”
“Oh, ok.” I drove into my trailer.
“Lets, go, Mack.”
“Sure thing, kid.”
I thought of Sally. Her sweet voice, her level-headed intelligence, her beautiful, graceful air. Shes over me. I was just a one-week romance.
Shes forgotten all about me.

Up next, the town meeting

Sally

Doc called us for a town meeting. I hope it doesn’t mean what I think it means. It’s been harder than usual to pay for the town, and even Flo, who gets usual customers from all of us, is concerned about money. This may be the end of Radiator Springs.
“Everyone, I’m sorry to announce that Sarge has to leave this town.”
A troubled murmur filled the room.
“It’s just that,” Sarge started, “Theres no one to buy army surplus around anymore. And I’ve already dumped so much on you all, and I need to pay the taxes.”
“But, man, you can’t leave!” Filmore said.
“Yes, whose gonna wake us up for the day-a?” Luigi added.
“I’m sorry, I’m broke as it is. I love this town. I really do. it’s been my home for so long. It really pains me to go, but I must if I want to make ends meet.”
“We understand, Sarge. Sacrifices must be made.” I said, trying not to cry.
“Thank you, Sally. I promise to all of you, I will try my hardest to keep in touch and will do what I can to return.”
Sarge left to get everything packed, and I drove home alone. I heard Flo whispering with Ramone.
“Baby, we have to. No one is buying body art. I’m stuck doing it on myself all day.”
“I know, but I get a pretty good amount of money from the gas station.”
“Not enough to pay the taxes. And if everyone else leaves, we won’t have any costumers at all.”
“Maybe it is the only way. I’ll talk to Doc.”
No. Not them too! I drove past my motel and up to the mountains, to a place I haven’t been since he arrived. I went up to the Wheel Well and looked across the canon. I looked down at the interstate. He got what he was looking for.
At the cost of all of us.

Up next, the Piston Cup!

Awww! That’s so sad! I mean, it is well written and all, but so angsty! I hope it works itself out eventually.

sorry its so late, but i got grounded from the computer.

Lightning

Whew Ok, focus. Speed. I am speed…”
I recited my age old saying. Maybe not age old, but still. Mack lowered my door.
“There he is!!!” the girl fans yelled.
“OH YEAH DUDE!!!” the guy fans yelled.
Same as always.
“Go get 'em, honey!”
Wait, was that Sally?
I looked to the side.
No. Just Adrian. She turned to smile at some reporters. One came to me.
“Heres Lightning McQueen, back again. After suffering a terrible and humiliating loss last year, he is back. So, Lightning, do you think you’ll do better this year?”
“Yes.” I started the line Harv planned for me, “I know because I have the love of my life to cheer me on.”
I wanted to barf.

Sally

I wanted to barf.
I was watching the Piston Cup secretly from my motel. If the others knew I was watching it, they’d know why I was watching it, and I don’t really need that right now.
Sarge left. I can’t believe it. Doc can’t even get Filmore out of his tent. He’s so sad. We all are. Most of the town is still upset, so no one wants to talk.
I have the love of my life to cheer me on” I imitated. “Watch him stink. Like last year. Then I’ll laugh.” I regretted it the minute I said it. I don’t mean that. He worked hard.
“I wish I wasn’t so nice.” I whispered.
Then the reporters started showing others, I couldn’t help but think What’s the point? They’ll never beat him. which is usually followed by What am I thinking?. I turned the TV off.

Up next, the grand finale!

I hope this turns out to work out between L&S, being the L&S fan that I am. XD

BTW, if they don’t make much income, how come Ramone & Flo aren’t being able to pay it? :confused:

Every village must be enlarged or must be left.

what do you mean?

Lightning
The race has started.
I can feel the wind on my face.
I’m using all my best tricks, even the one I learned from Doc. I’m almost to Chick now. He won last year. By cheating. Sometimes I wish I helped the King from that crash. I feel kinda guilty…
No, I gotta focus.
“What, you gonna go all dreamy eyed again?” He shouted.
“Not this time, thunder!” I shouted back. I revved my engine and sped ahead of him.
“Great job, baby!” Adrain shouted.
Ugh. I hate her. I really do.
50 more laps.
Chick knocked me away, sending me flying.
No no no. It’s over! thought. Then a new thought filled my head. I turned around and drove backwards.
Mater taught me that one. But I can never thank him.
I flew past him and won.
I won.
I really did it.
I really won.
But I felt guilty.
I wouldn’t of won without Radiator Spings.
And they might be gone.
Sally… Sally… She may be gone.
I need to move on. She probably has.
She must have.
Adrian came up and kissed my cheek.
“I am so proud of you!”
“Yep, thanks hun.”
I probably will always love her.
But she’s moved on.

Sally
He won.
He really did it.
I couldn’t help but feel a bit of pride.
Theres my hot rod
There he is, in all his shiny glamor. His gorgeous blue eyes, his amazing smile…
his stupid trophy wife.
What’s so special about her?
I hate her. I really do.
Man, jealousy can turn a good girl into a real jerk.
Still, she’s a snobby celebrity…
“Psst, Sally.”
I turned around.
“Flo? And Doc?”
“Well,” Flo said. She started to cry. “We wanted to tell you before the others. Ramone and I have to leave.”
“And since they give us our gas, and Filmore, well, he’s not ODA approved, the town, it, well, will split up.”
What?”
“Honey, I, well, it has to be done. We’ve held on for so long, but, times have caught up to us.” Flo said. “We’ll have to tell the others soon.”
And with that, they drove away.
No. NO NO NO NO!
WHY? THESE PEOPLE HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT GOOD! HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?
Then I knew it.
Because he didn’t come back.
I turned to the TV screen.
"How could you? How could you let this happen? "
I looked at him. He was happy. I still loved him. Even still, I still loved him.
I have to movie on. He probably has.
He must have.
I heard Flo crying in the distance.
“Be strong.” I whispered.
I probably will always love him.
But he’s moved on.

The End

OK, maybe it’s not the ending y’all wanted. But I stayed true to my vision! dramatic pose
And i forgot to mention one other song. I Never had a Dream Come True had a big influence.

just so you guys know, i’ll probably stat that ratatouille fan fic soon.

and also, ODA is a play on FDA (food and drug accosiation) and its Oil and Drug Accosiation. :slight_smile:

ACK! Aww, sad face! :`-( I was hoping it would rectify itself. I dont mind an angsty story but I do like them to end happily. Although I knew since it was so short there wouldnt be time for that. And on the other hand, kudos to you for sticking to yer guns and not giving in to the pressure! But maybe you could make a sequel or something? Hint, hint? :stuck_out_tongue:

i have started my new ratatouille fanfic, just in case you want to read it.

and this one isn’t depressing. i just wanted to do a slightly dark one this time around.

Oh, don’t mind me, RR. I’ll just so and hug my knees in the closet thinking about rainclouds and dying plants. :`-(

but that was what i was aiming for. i thought “when A113 is crying and upset, then i know my job is done”:twisted:
jk

and now you understand why i gave a warning to S&L lovers.

Well it did seem realistic. I mean, what each one was thinking, it was totally believable to say the least :slight_smile:

why thank you.

RR: LOL! The only thing unrealistic about it (IMhO) was that Sally wouldn’t get that angry; she’s much nicer than that.

love can make people do crazy things, boy. someday you’ll find a girl who you feel so strongly about that you would go on stage in a bunny suit doing the chicken dance for her… and i’ll take pictures and post them on PP.

JK :laughing:

Still, Sally wouldn’t yell like that. In fact, she was the one who originally put the idea in their heads.

(you did what?!?!?)