What Newt may have looked like

After all the news that Newt might be dead and then today seeing the confirmed lineup of films for 2012 (with Newt nowhere to be listed) I had been wanting to draw the character for some time to see what he would have been like if the film really has been canned, and now seemed like a good opportunity for it. Yes, I actually am an artist and I had been considering drawing some other Pixar characters here, but I haven’t been getting around to it. The references I used for Newt’s design were Randall from Monsters Inc., the small alien Stu from Gary Rydstrom’s own short Lifted, and that one piece of concept art that Pixar released: [url]http://mundorare.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/pixar-newt-concept-art.png[/url]

I was hoping that those rumors weren’t true, but now I’m having a bad feeling that it might be (after all I can’t see how Newt and Brave could both be released in June). Quite disappointing cause I was sure it would have turned out great. Or maybe not. We may never really know if it doesn’t get made.

:frowning: Hey Flik-E, your Newt interpretation looks pretty cool! I really hope that the movie doesn’t get scrapped, I kinda like the idea of of a blue-footed reptile. But I can’t wait for Brave to be released either. :slight_smile:

Hey, that looks kinda cool!

Heh. I also drew an interpretation of Newt last year, though I have to say yours looks much more convincing and Pixar-esque :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s so…awesome!! I love it!!

I always imagined him as sky-blue with black spots. XD

But yours makes a little more sense. :slight_smile:

Well judging from the logo he appeared to be a black colored newt, but instead of all black I found a nice darkish color for him so you could still see him good. My first idea was that he would be purple until I felt that he would just look too much like Randall. The one thing I might not be 100% right on is the eye color since Pixar characters always have those distinctive looking eyes.

That’s too bad about Newt. But good work.

Flik-E, the Pixar wiki put your picture of Newt in their Newt section, calling it “An unfinished character design for Newt”
[url]Pixar Wiki | Fandom

Which also caused me to think it was official. As for the art itself, it’s very well done.

Cool beans, I really like it! Too bad we don’t get to see what he would really look like!

Nice interpretation Flik-E! This makes me really wish Newt hadn’t been scrapped.