My Homemade Luxo Jr. Lamp

I’m new to PIXAR Planet, and it might be fun to share some of my builds with everyone.
As my name implies, I love building and constructing anything PIXAR related. Just this summer, I spent a few weeks developing and building my own 1:1 replica of Luxo Jr. I think it came out pretty well.

This build is one of my personal favorites. I love Luxo Jr. and his simplexity in design but complexity in character deeply moving. Anyway, you can see more of my Luxo Jr. build on my personal Flickr site @ [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattoons/sets/72157619866613425/[/url]

Wow, that’s awesome, and the AUTO you have is mind-blowing! Holy cow! I’d love to have stuff like that sitting around my room makin’ it look all spiffy! Love it!

Wow! That’s amazing! :smiley: I am really bad at building things. I had trouble just putting my drafting table together. I can’t imagine all the work that went into this. xD

Oh, well thank you very much for you kind welcome! I’m glad you like my builds! I based my Luxo Jr. off of several pictures I found on Flickr of the large scale statue that’s at PIXAR Studios. It took a month to draft out and then I built it in a week. It’s a real working lamp by the way!
As for AUTO, he was a little bit harder. It took me around 3 months to get the entire concept design down before I started working on it. He’s a fully functioning Captain’s wheel and he has a voice-patch synth inside that allows me to remotely control his MacinTalk voice.

Wow that is amazing! I can not build stuff! I’m more creative with food and sketching. But that looks like something you could find at a store or something! Great work.

Hey Thanks! If you like that, you should check out some more of my builds on my flickr site @ Matthew Ebisu | Flickr! Also, please visit DIY Pixar (reachsites.com), we’re always interested in different fanart.

That’s really inspiring, Pixar Builder! How long did that take?

The entire designing process took around a month or so, measuring the different parts, finding the right materials to use, which lamps to modify, etc. However, the entire construction took only 4 days, the fastest I’ve ever completed one of my PIXAR builds.

Hey guys!
In case you are interested, I just posted my latest Instructable on how to build my custom Luxo Jr. Lamp. I tried to make it as clear as possible, including a lot of my early preliminary design sketches and plans I created when working on him.[/url]

That is so great, Pixar Builder! Love it!

Hey Guys,
I hope I’m not sounding too rude, but I just entered my How To Build Luxo Jr. Replica into the Instructables Contest. I could really appreciate your votes, please! [1]