LightningAndDoc's fanart

I finally figured out how to put my artwork on deviantArt without scanning it since I don’t have a scanner. So, here’s the links to my art!

[url]http://lightninganddoc.deviantart.com/art/Lightning-McQueen-123464570[/url]
[url]http://lightninganddoc.deviantart.com/art/Doc-Hudson-123465135[/url]
[url]http://lightninganddoc.deviantart.com/art/Sally-Carrera-123465714[/url]
[url]http://lightninganddoc.deviantart.com/art/Mater-123466029[/url]
[url]http://lightninganddoc.deviantart.com/art/Lightning-McQueen-Humanized-123467004[/url]

Hope you all enjoy!!! And if anyone has a deviantArt account, please comment and fave!

You did a splendidly good job on those drawings, LightningAndDoc! Each character is drawn really well. I also like the humanized Lightning McQueen…although I expected his expression to look more smug or spoiled, unless this is after he’s become more unselfish. Anyway, terrific artwork!

It’s after. I was gonna make him do a certain pose, but it required a position of the fingers, and I can’t draw hands. So I tried putting them behind his back. I’m still working on that. Maybe I’ll try a more cockier drawing sometime. But not soon for I have other drawings I wanna accomplish, a story I have to finish, and school.

Wow, nice to meet a fellow Cars art fan. I like your drawings of each car character, I’ll have to agree with your sister and neighbour that your drawing of Doc is the best. Not much complaints for any of the pics, except try some shading and tonal variations to give that ‘metallic’ look.
For the Lightning humanised pic, try to take the time to learn hands so you can pose him more dynamically. There’s tons more things you can do once you know how to draw those pesky fingers! :slight_smile: Or you could try to make him stand at an angle with his hands in his pocket or something. Make it more interesting rather than just a flat front view. Other than that, your depiction of him is pretty good! I’d love to see you do one for Sally, since she’s my favourite character.
Keep up the good work! :smiley:

Thanks! There’s probably a reason why Doc is the best. I must have subconsciously done that because he’s one of my top two faves (Lightning of course being the other one). Don’t worry, when I master the fingers a bit more, I’ll try redoing him. Shading on the other hand is something I haven’t really done before, so I’d fail. laughs nervously I am gonna try from different angles sometime, but the style I’m drawing in now is relatively new to me, so you might have to wait a bit before I post a pic with a good angled position. My old style was a lot simpler and more cartoon strip like if that’s the best way to describe it. So just be patient until all my artistic skills are gained. :wink:

I like your style, LightningAndDoc! That sketch of Doc Hudson is really good, especially how you’ve included all his little details like his grill and that sort of thing, the Mater one is sweet- I love the expression on his face- and the humanized Lightning McQueen one is especially good! It’s difficult to get the likeness of a character in humanized form like that, but you’ve done well with his close and the smug expression on his face.

For the first time in a long time, I’ve got new artwork!!! This time though, I’ve done the humanized drawings in the Danny Phantom style! I’ve redone Lightning twice. I’m having a hair crisis with him. XD I’ve wanted to change up his hair style both times, and I also dared to make his hair brunette the second time. I’d love for you to tell me which hair color looks better on him. I’m keeping the hair style of the brunette McQueen though. I love it the best.

Lightning as a blonde
Lightning as a brunette

His head is too big in the second one. XD I hope not to do that again!

Here’s Sally as a human!!

Sally humanized

And just because I feel like it, a drawing of myself!!! Besides, if you read my comments it can fit for Cars fanart! Just look at my shirt!

Self-portrait

I’ve also got other pieces of artwork uploaded today, but I’m not linking to them for they don’t really fit in with the Cars fanart theme. So feel free to browse around! XD

Not bad with the first Lightning and Doc drawings. As I wrote before, however, I’m not a big fan of drawings colored using color pencils or any other coloring materials that produce the similar texture. To me, they kinda ruined the artwork because, again, to me, they look ‘messy’ after that. The color will be all scattered throughout the drawing, and it would, pardon me writing this but, look like something created by a six year old.

However, I must emphasize that you did a good job using this sort of coloring, because, at the least:

1. Your sketching looks good, neat and clean.
  2. Added with point number one, the coloring is simple and neat; a very significant part people need to focus on when using color pencils (or whatever you use) as they tend to smudge or produce ‘contrasting lines’ that travel in different directions, making look like the artist was scribbling.

Your depiction of Mater was okay. It’s not perfect, but at least it’s better than your depiction of Sally, which, I must write, is a little off with her eyes. Other than that, her body looks like her film counterpart, but that’s an easy part to draw. :stuck_out_tongue:

as for your ‘humanization’ of Lightning and Sally, they are quite nice, but I felt that the ‘blond’ and ‘brunette’ Lightning look almost the same as the first one, which is the best out of all three. As for Sally, again, she looks like her film counterpart, which is a good thing, so, keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

I apologize if my criticisms are not constructive enough and are, instead, destructive. :laughing: If so, pardon my words. :blush:

Hey, I don’t mind a little critisism! I’m hoping one of these days to get something other than MS Paint to use for coloring my drawings. Like Photoshop. It would really help in my opinion. But until then, I’m stuck with coloring my artwork off the computer. And a scanner would help so the pictures aren’t so dark. I had to take pictures of them with my mom’s digital camera just to put my artwork up to dA.

You think the first human Lightning is the best? One vote for blonde McQueen. XD I don’t know which hair color looks best, so I’m trying to see what the people who view my artwork think. I made them look a little alike so people can still tell that it’s him. Plus, I love drawing that jacket! XD

I didn’t know Sally’s eyes were off. Oh well! I’m always pointing out flaws in my own artwork. Like for my Doc drawing, I feel that something’s off in proportion. And Mater looks as if he’s skinny. :slight_smile:

I’m hoping to get the hang of the style I’m now drawing in. Once I do, I should be able to draw my characters a lot better.

They look pretty great, and I think Sally looks the best actually. I think that getting better just takes time and experience, I need both of those as well. Just keep at it, you’ll make some great art!

I think I can draw girls better than boys. :slight_smile: It’s weird. Maybe ‘cause I’m a girl. XD Yeah, I know getting better takes practice. I’ve seen it happen a lot in my art and others’ art. It just needs time.

really nice, I wish I could draw that well, I need to practice lol

Thanks! I could use some more practice, but that’s just what I think. And just keep on practicing, and you’ll be able to draw as well as me one day!! :smiley: Wow, I sounded so arrogant there. XD

Not bad drawings there! The Cars ones look just like the cartoon versions I’ve seen. Very cool. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I could still work on my drawings some, but I’m glad they look good!

Wow! LightningandDoc, those look really spiffy!

I love looking at the human forms of non-human characters, it gives a new depth of perspective for personality and shows what the artist can do with restrictions. So very nice.

And I vote for Lightning with blonde hair. :sunglasses:

Two votes for Lightning as a blondie!!! XD It’s sad, no one on dA has commented on my newer string of artwork yet!! And I’ve got people who watch me on there! :frowning: Why aren’t they commenting or faving my art?

Yeah, to turn them into humans is restricted. I’ve seen some pretty bad ones, like a skinny and blonde Mater. ??? Okay, whoever thought of that one needs a little bit of help. Blonde doesn’t fit him, and he should be more heavy-set. It’s more like Mater that way. I try to make their looks fit their personality and car looks as best as they can.

You know, talking about humanizing the Cars characters brings me back to '06 when I tried to do the same. I have drawn all of them humanized before, but haven’t drawn them at all recently. Maybe I should. Give yourself a good pat on the back right now for just giving me inspiration… I’ve been in somewhat of an art slump as of late. 8C

Oh, and keep working at that style… I can certainly see it growing and improving!! When I was your age, I actually drew really similar to that, so I know if you keep at it, you’ll just continue to get better - beyond what you actually think you can draw.

My advice to you is practice drawing what you struggle with the most. I’ve been drawing for about five years now, and to this day I still have trouble with hands. But just recently, I have really pushed myself out of my comfort zone and have seen myself improving with drawing hands. So it’s not impossible - as with anything, it takes lots of work!!!

And you know what…? Even since '06, I have always seen Lightning a blonde, too. :wink:

Keep it up!!!

little chef

Okay, three people are saying Lightning’s a blonde. I guess that’s what it’s going to be if no one on dA is gonna comment.

And you’re welcome! I never would’ve expected to inspire anyone. I just wanted to show off my artwork and see what others that aren’t family (which can be biased at times) think about my pieces.

Yes, I could still work on the hands, though when drawing them for guys in the Danny Phantom style, they are so easy! For girls, it’s a little harder to get the fingers right. :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone who’s commented on here. No one on dA has commented my newer artwork, so it’s nice to get comments over here.

Okay, I only have one picture, and this will only make sense to anyone who’s read my fanfic Only Hope. I have humanized Amy Ryans, the powder blue Hudson Hornet that falls for Doc. I would draw her as a car, but I have to have a how-to-draw book to draw cars correctly. :blush:

Amy Ryans

I will hope to have a humanized Doc Hudson up soon. Only problem, I’m stuck on his hair do and how to pose his arms. :frowning: