Cars 2 DVD Error?

I can’t tell if I’m off my rocker with attention to detail or what, but I feel like my copy of Cars 2 has some inconsistencies with its frame rate. And it did skip one time.

Are we having a glitchy first batch like we did for WALL-E, or is it just me? If the error happens again I need to figure out if this is “exchange at best buy” or “contact Buena Vista” territory.

Hmmm… I just rented it today, and I did notice that it got stuck for a few seconds at one scene. I was all confused because we should have been the first to rent that copy, so there should have been no problems. Unless, of course, what you’re saying is true. I’ll have to go and watch it again for inconsistencies.

Which scene?

Can’t remember… that’s what I’ll have to go back and check for.

Might it have been in Italy at the start of the race during a shot of the crowd?

Yeah, that might’ve been it, but I’m not sure. I watched the movie again and now it pauses just barely at a number of scenes that were just fine last night. I’m thinking that my problem is just due to my DVD player. It’s a little cracked. :-\

I doubt it, because I have similar issues with the rediculous encoding on my computer.

GAH. DISNEY. WHY DO YOU ALWAYS MESS UP DVDS WHEN I WANT THEM THE MOST? D<

That sounds strange. Are you guys sure there isn’t any scratches on your discs? I’m sure alot of people are having that issure with their copies to. :confused:

No scratches. Are you not having issues? I’m trying to figure out how widespread this is.

I didn’t get the DVD yet so I can’t try it out. Maybe it was just a programming error or something.

No scratches here, either.

I’ve noticed that some of the scenes with Finn and company in Italy were skipping. Has anybody had the same issue?

Hmm… I watched it as a pre-street from our store last week, and there was nothing wrong with my copy.

Let me know if any more of y’all have issues, and I’ll check it out again and let customers know as well.

I have the 3D bluray, and it has very, very short and infrequent pauses. It’s kind of weird. I’ve watched it twice and they’re inconsistent, but still more or less in the same places. Have not watched all the way through the 2D film disc yet.

facepalms and thinks back to 2008 Not again, Disney. Quality control. Learn it.

That is very frustrating. I was going to ask for Cars 2 for Christmas. :frowning:

Well, the bugs got worked out of WALL-E releases in short order since BV got so many complaints, so hopefully it’ll be the same case for Cars 2.

My dvd skips like crazy…no scratches or marks on it. I bought one and it couldnt get past the Pixar intro, I took it back to Walmart and exchanged it for another one, got it home and about half way throught the movie it starts to skip again. I have a bluray player and regular dvd player and it happens on both of them. Can I write to Pixar and have this problem fixed somehow?

You want to direct the problem to Buena Vista Home Video, not Pixar. They don’t make the DVDs in house.

I bought it yesterday on blu ray and I thought maybe it’s different in europe but no…
it skipped one time (you also see the menu bar appear) at the end where they reveal that axlerod is the bad guy.
but still i enjoyed it :smiley:
too bad there are not many bonus features.
just air mater commentary of John lasseter and Hawaiian vacation.