Radiator Springs- Then and Now

In five years, Radiator Springs has obviously changed drastically. We know Wheel Well is now back up and running as a restaurant/bar and the Drive-In is back as well. There’s a racing museum, headquarters…and if you played the video game, you’ll know there’s a track/stadium (which I kind of wished they showed in the movie :-\). Oh, and the most obvious fact that it’s not deserted anymore! :lol: But, like always, not everything is shown in the movie so this thread is to see how [i:3arjrhmn]else[/i:3arjrhmn] do you think R. Springs has changed and just to discuss the small, beloved Route 66 town and it’s residents pre-movie, then, and now. :)

I bet they don’t need to rely on criminals for road paving any more.
…I wonder how many times the Radiator Springs oldtimers have asked Lightning to pull Bessie by now? :smiley:

As for the residents do you think Lightning and Sally are ever going to get married?

Roger: Hahahahaha, I’m sure they don’t! I could definitely see Lightning paving the road again, just for old-times sake maybe? :laughing:

Gypsy: Definitely, I would think they got engaged not long after Cars 2. I have a feeling the other residents have been teasing Lightning nonstop about proposing already. 8D

IMO, I think Pixar did a great job of showing how the R. Springs residents have grown even closer, including Lightning, and how they’ve become even more of a family in Cars 2, although there wasn’t much shown of them. Thoughts? Examples? Disagreements? o_0

My favorite view of the changes is the view from Wheel Wells over the town, from the little green patch in the middle of the desert in Cars to the glowing spot on a bright line of highway :smiley:

As for the town being a family, Mack and Lightning have certainly been accepted, and i get the feeling that Mack keeps Lizzie company/keeps an eye on the senile old car (i mean that in the sweetest way possible) :slight_smile: and Sarge says “Man” i thought that was really funny, Filmore finally got to him!!
i thought it was cool to have Minnie & Van listening to Mater’s story too, Sally was right! “They know where we are no, they’l tell their friends, its good” and they came back!! (hopefully not getting completely lost on the way… again

Woah, I didn’t notice that. I was too excited cause I knew it was Sally and Lightning’s scene. <3 When I watch it again, I’ll look for that! :slight_smile:

Hahaha, I love what you mentioned about Mack watching over Lizzie. Well, someone has to or else she’ll probably end up in a ditch somewhere. 8D Yes! I loved how Sarge said “Man…” and everyone laughs. I wonder if Sarge and Filmore still fight over the music in the morning? I would of loved to have seen that in the sequel, just for old time’s sake. 8D

^Yes! Agree with everything there. :-D)

I always wondered that too. I thought that Sarge would of gotten used to Fillmore blasting Hendrix every morning.

Maybe they still fight over it, just for arguement’s sake. 8D And Sarge seems like a bit of a stubborn guy, so he probably wouldn’t give up just cause he’s tired of it.

How soon after Cars 2 do you all think Light and Sal had their first kid? :smiley:

Not sure. My best guess would have to be a couple years or so after the sequel.

[quote="SallyMcQueen":2x1q8dso]if you played the video game, you’ll know there’s a track/stadium (which I kind of wished they showed in the movie :-\). [/quote:2x1q8dso]

I don’t think the game canon - or at least the canon of [i:2x1q8dso]Maternational[/i:2x1q8dso] onward in which the stadium was built - was taken into consideration for Cars 2 to begin with, actually. The games are an alternate universe of events, so to speak.

The racing stadium not used in the epilogue of the film, the existence of Emma is completely ignored by the canon pairing in the film, and Lightning’s racing headquarters doesn’t seem to exist. There are probably more inconsistencies to find if I replayed the games now that Cars 2’s plot is seared into my brain from multiple viewings.

Why do people think of the video game as not being canon? I mean, I understand for Maternational and Race-O-Rama and those but the original Cars video game?

What? No way, it has to. It was shown in the epilogue. I think it’s because they didn’t show that part of town in Cars 2. It’s on the edge of town across from Mater’s lot, supposedly.

…It was? Where?! O_O

i just re-watched the epilogue (Cars, Cars 2 and TS3 are on my computer) and the headquarters isn’t shown, its mentioned, and the Radiator Springs Racing Museum is shown, but not the racing headquarters… unless its part of the museum

Ooooohhhhh. Ha, I confused the HQ with the museum. My B. :blush: Oh okay, well in that case, then I don’t know. The only time I’ve seen it is in World of Cars.

thats ok :slight_smile: he does mention the HQ, like i said, it might be in the back of the museum, i wonder if Harv ever visits RS? especially if it’s Lightning’s home and racing HQ… ive often wondered about Harv… ive wondered if thats partially where Lightning got the stuck-up full of himself mentality, then the press just encouraged it…
i wonder how long after Cars the costumers came… because in Mater and the Ghostlight there still don’t seem to be any costumers in town, but in the Epilouge of Cars there are lots of coustumers, ive been wondering if the Ghostlight is between the end of Cars and when the Exit ramp was finished, after all it takes a while to build anything, especally interstate lanes or exit ramps… :slight_smile:

Me too! I’m sure he does. I mean, he has to if that’s his client. Every time I watch the first movie, I wonder what he looks like, hahaha.

I think Ghostlight would be between the end of the movie and the epilogue too. :slight_smile:

me too!
i also wonder what Wheel Wells looks like inside the rooms (assuming its a motel and restaurant)

^^^ Yes! There are a lot of parts of R. Springs that I always wondered looked like. :slight_smile: