Songs that remind you of "Cars" characters.

Does anyone have any songs that remind them of characters from “Cars” or “Cars 2”?

Lightning McQueen-“Everybody Loves Me”,“Stop and Stare” and “Good Life” By One Repiblic,“Breaking The Habit”,“In the End” By Linkin Park…and “I’m Still Here” By the Goo Goo Dolls

Sally-“Miss Independent”,All I ever Wanted" and “I Do Not Hook Up” By Kelly Clarkson,“Sparks” by Roykossop,“Let Me Blow Ya Mind” By Eve ft. Gwen Stefani

Mater-“Cotton Eye Joe(remix)” By Rednex

Doc-“Forever Young”

That’s all I can think of for now… :laughing:

I definitely think of the Cotton Eye Joe when I think of Mater.

“I’m Not Scared” by Ladytron always sounds like Doc thinking about Lightning to me. I think it’s the bit about tires that really made me see the connection. :smiley:

Oh my gosh, I thought of so many before and then when I need to know them, I forget- story of my life. :-\ Anyway, these are the ones I remembered.

"Uncharted" by Sara Bareilles- just [i:1fzgwv2c]screams[/i:1fzgwv2c] Sally when she leaves California
"Hollywood" by Michael Buble- Lightning McQueen
"Talking to the Moon" by Bruno Mars- Lightning thinking of Doc (only certain parts)
"Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry- Sally thinking of Lightning
"If I Die Young"- only certain parts remind me of Doc
"Rhythm of Love" by Plain White T’s- Lightning McQueen and Sally (especially the line where it says, [i:1fzgwv2c]"She’s got blue eyes deep like the sea that roll back when she’s laughing at me."[/i:1fzgwv2c]) <3

There is no better song than "Cotton Eye Joe" for Mater. 8D Man, I had so many other good ones. I’ll think of them…eventually. o_0

I’ve come up with some here.

Finn-Secret Agent Man
Chick Hicks-Cant touch this
Flo-Back in my arms again. ( really love this song. Great song by The Supremes)

Yeah, Secret Agent Man always makes me think of Finn, too! :smiley:

I knew I wasn’t the only one who thought about Cotton Eye Joe when it came to Mater! Also, Secret Agent Man is very fitting for Finn.

Wow! There are SO many songs that make me think of Cars. They make me think of particular moments or situations normally, not just of the character. First I have to comment on a few of the suggestions so far…

CarsLuver: Your first three for Sally, I 100% agree on those.
SallyMcQueen: “Teenage Dream” ( :wink: ) and “Rhythm of Love”, those are both very good and whenever I hear the Plain White T’s one I think of that every time!!

Now, let me get out my MP3 and take a look at which ones I think of…

“Alone Again” by Alyssa Reid ft. P. Reign (Sally after McQueen left town)
“Animal” by Neon Trees (McQueen’s feelings for Sally)
“Beat It” by Michael Jackson (Finn)
“Beautiful, Dirty, Rich” by Lady Gaga (Mia and Tia)
“Kryptonite” by 3 Doors Down (McQueen)
“Say it Right” by Nelly Furtado (Sally’s feelings towards McQueen near the beginning)
“Shut Up and Drive” by Rihanna (Sally)
“I’m Gonna Getcha Good!” by Shania Twain (Sally)
“Trip” by Hedley (McQueen)

<3 So yeah, that’s my list. I think I read deeply into the lyrics so most of these are stories of love that I think fit with Sally and McQueen. :mrgreen: I would have put more but you guys beat me to a few of them. :sunglasses:

I play Just Dance 2 a lot and these are songs I think the humanized cars characters would dance to on the game.

Hot Stuff-Flo and Ramone
I Feel Good-Ramone
Charleston-maybe Lizzie and Stanley when Stanley was alive
Viva Las Vegas-Sheriff
Sway and Jump in the line both remind me of Carla Veloso. (Does anyone else here think it sounds like Jose from The Three Cabelleros singing Jump in the Line?)
Soul Bossa Nova(Austin Powers themesong)-I can so picture Holley making finn do this one as a joke. 8D

I LOL’d at this. Just the image of it… 8D

Every Time You Go by 3DD for Lightning leaving Radiator Springs.

“The Touch” by Stan Bush reminds me of Lightning McQueen. Also, “Spy Guy” by X-Ray Dog and “Holding Out For A Hero” by Bonnie Tyler both remind me of Finn McMissile.

Those are great choices! Your choice for Sheriff is hilarious as is Holley’s XD.

^I like your mention of “I Need A Hero”! I agree with that one and whenever I hear “Happy” by Leona Lewis it makes me think of Sally’s past. I don’t think any song could be more fitting to describe it.

Brighter than the sun-Colbie Callait(lightning and Sally)

Scars- Miley Cyrus even though I don’t like her so much this song remind me Lightning and sally because it says: If I could for just one night
To be with you
and make it right
For what we were
And what we are
It’s hidden in the scars
If I could to take you there…
and I imagine it something like lightning’s feelings, everytime they try to stay together something interrupt them

and true friend- hannah montana remind me mater and lightning :smiley:

^Cool, I get what you mean! I thought of one that fits Lighting/Sally from Lighting’s perspective. “Over My Head” by The Fray.

Suddenly, I become a part of your past
I’m becoming the part that don’t last
I’m losing you and it’s effortless
Without a sound
We lose sight of the ground
In the throw around
Never thought that you wanted to bring it down
I won’t let it go down
'Til we torch it ourselves

It’s pretty deep but basically I can imagine this being his thoughts after being taken from Radiator Springs. Not to mention the chorus of “With eight seconds left in over-time, she’s on your mind”.

Oh my gosh, I couldn’t agree more. That song and “Uncharted” by Sara Bareilles are perfect songs for Sally’s past. Especially in “Uncharted” where it says, “Everybody has to put their hands on gold and I want…uncharted.” <3

^^^^Those lyrics were my favorite part. I think it shows perfectly what Lightning probably was feeling after being taken from R. Spring. Like he thought he would never see them again and they, even Sally, would forget about him. :cry:

Exactly the part I think of! And the line that says "Never thought that you wanted to bring it down", makes me think of when Sally nuzzled him and he realized that she actually loved him. Then the following lines about not letting it go down make me think of him basically saying “Fame is trying to drag me away from you but I won’t let anything break us down but ourselves”.