Cars 2 International Differences

Some spoilers, naturally.

Here’s a neat little tidbit about Cars 2:

The scene where Lightning goes up to two racecars upon arriving at the party in Japan is different depending on the country. While racer Jeff Gordon cameos in the American version, it varies, and I don’t just mean voice, but the entire car!

Like, here’s the clip from the Spanish release: youtube.com/watch?v=rKHJfIwFebk

And the Australian release: youtube.com/watch?v=x96nrWAQJKw

And the German version gives the German car already in all the releases the extra line: youtube.com/watch?v=hZe-fZojH_8

Feel free to link to any more clips/pics of these different cars, or if you have any other international differences to talk about, you can discuss them here! :smiley:

The car is… different? Holy Jesus. Mind = blown.
No wonder I got a weird reaction on another forum when I joked about how stupid the Australian accent sounded.

I actually read about Winterbottom voicing a car in an article a month or two before the film’s release, and I was looking out for him, but didn’t spot him! (His paint scheme was similar to Jeff’s, so I thought he was Jeff!). Thanks for the links, Netbug, now I know where to look out for him for the rewatch.

The yellow Spanish car, you mean? IIRC he was also in the Wii game.

…And he was a total jerk.

[size=50]I do not like him in the Wii game. D:[/size]

No, the one with the Aussie flag in the video link under ‘Australian release’. I live Down Under, you see, and Winterbottom is sort of the ‘Jeff Gordon’ here, so I was keeping my eyes peeled for him while watching. :slight_smile:

I took a quick glance at the Russian version, and even though at the Towkyo (haha) party, the character of Jeff Gorvette was replaced by a Russian character, Pixar forgot to take Jeff out of the Radiator Springs Grand Prix. So at that scene, Jeff the yellow racecar was gliding alongside Lewis Hamilton. So I just called a mistake from Pixar muahhahaha

It seems like they only changed the character in that one scene. I guess they thought people wouldn’t really care. xD Plus it would probably take too much time and work to re-render all of the scenes just for that.

They should’ve just rendered a different movie for each country! 8D

When I watched it in IMAX yesterday, I think they kept Winterbottom for the closing race. I think. He and Jeff’s paint scheme look pretty similar, but I heard Winterbottom’s accent.

Pricklepants: Interesting goof on Pixar’s part. The race car says a line to Lewis Hamilton at the closing race, so was it in Jeff or the Russian racer’s voice?

I hope they include all these clips on the DVD or something. :smiley:

Also, another international difference of sorts: Advertising focus. I found the trailer for Japan. It is extremely action-centric and seems to be going for the middle-school boy (Shounen) segment.

(I like Holley’s voice! :smiley:)

See the Japanese trailer here: youtu.be/sYH0gQkv8kw

Mind is blown. :open_mouth: I didn’t even know that. It’s always weird seeing movies like this in different languages. I mean, when Lightning speaks, I expect Owen Wilson’s voice and it’s like “Oh.” and the voice never matches the character like the way we see them. :confused: Anyway, I agree with Net. That trailer is all-action and I like Holley’s voice, too. Even though there’s no awesome British accent… :cry:

That’s so insane! I never would’ve thought they’d change the whole thing, even add a whole other car for so many different countries. Pixar, you get credit here in my book :smiley: Cars 2 just got a little bit more awesome

there are a lot of differents international versions also in french and latin america, but I cant find that scenes, someone could make a video with ALL differents international versions :smiley: