Do the cars have parents?

I have been wondering this for a long time. I wondered where Lighting’s parents were, or if they even exist. We really never see any kid cars not counting a little girl car at the race. so was Lighting made in a factory like a real car or does he a have a mom and dad? If he does, I hopw there in Cars 2. So those he and everyone else have them or do the “Parents” even exist. Your thoughts?

I have no idea, really. It’s one of the great mysteries of the Cars universe. It’s questions like that that make so many people argue that the film makes no sense.

hehe… I’ve been actually wondering the same thing. As far as Pixar goes, they never really decided (although I believe it was mentioned at some point in their documentaries). You should check this out, though. It’s pretty cool. :wink:

Maybe Lightning was made in a factory and here mum was a robot :laughing:

Well, I’m not sure exactly how in the world Lightning McQueen and them are made, but I do believe there has to be some sort of parental figure in a car’s life time, even if it’s decided that they are made in a factory. For I just don’t think a newly made car could be able to take care of itself right away. But that’s just my opinion.

“Hey Grandpa I’m not a bulldozer”

I’m sure they have some sort of family tree going on in there. :slight_smile:

I’ve always wondered about that. I hope they address it in Cars 2. I agree with LightingAndDoc, there has to be some sort of guardian to take care of the little cars.

I seriously think it’s best not to think how cars reproduce. Although I got a bad feeling those sick freaks at rule 34 will answer that question for us shudders.

…I’m not touching this one!

you really wanna know…?Ask foriegnconcepts… :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I believe Mater made a reference to his mother in the original Cars, not to mention the fact that The King has a son, but as for Johnny_Boy’s comment…it’s probably something very unoriginal anyways. :shake:

The King has a son?

Well they never come flat out and say it, but he has a wife and always calls his “son” Junior. Here’s what I mean…

8D That isn’t his son! That’s Dale Junior! A famous racecar driver making a cameo! :laughing:

I’ll be darned; I didn’t know that! 8D

Hahaha, I love Junior! I have a poster of him on my wall! In human form, not Cars form.

He’s my FAVORITE!!! :smiley: :smiley:

Ha, I know right? He’s so cute! ! ! <3

He is!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Mine three! I <3 him

I think it’s somewhat like Robots, where they order and construct their kids. If that makes sense…