Why does everyone hate this movie?

This movie rocks! I’m glad there making a sequel! I’ll be there!

Because some of the writing just makes me cringe, and they stretched it out way too long.

well I like it! :sunglasses:

I like it too! I know there are loads of people that say that it’s their list favourite Pixar film (myself included) but that doesn’t mean everyone hates it. It takes a lot for me to hate a film (though if it’s made by Dreamworks Animation, the hatred comes automatically. :laughing:)

I like Shrek, but I hate how there making so many sequels! There making a 4th one, that’s cool. BUT 7?! THAT’S TOO MUCH! 4 IS PLENTY!

Not that it’s bad, but it did not really fall into the suit of other Pixar movies at the time (and that this time). Many have critiqued Cars (and, I must say, a bit too harshly at times) as a bit too childish due to a predictable storyline, slapstick in some portions, and it’s general look-at-me-appeal towards kids, instead of Pixar’s rule of thumb to make it both appealing to kids and their parents, not that there’s anything wrong in that.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t even think other people even regards this as a “bad” movie, and I might as go as far to say that people don’t “hate” it, but then again, you can’t call it the most creative or the most appealing movie Pixar has made, and you can’t blame Pixar fans for not being so enthused about that.

There’s nothing wrong in that, actually that’s a good thing, as we see with the loyalty of Cars fans. And there’s nothing wrong with a predictable storyline & slapstick also - if it isn’t the basis of the movie (cough cough - Dreamworks - cough cough), but used in tolerable and non-lame amounts, it actually produces a good movie, such as Cars.

I think I put this on the wrong site. On the IMDB fourms, everyone hates it,I was goona make a account and make this topic, but for some reason it didn’t work. I was thinking “I’m sure pepole hate it on Pixar Planet too.” So I made this. I guess I was wrong!

There is a reason I personally have purchased 2 DVD copies and One Blu Ray Copy…
Why I look into the Eyes of a Lightning McQueen Plushie at night…
Own a Vast majority of the Drive in Movie Die Casts…
Own 2 remote control McQueens (although one is more of a BeeBot)…
Have the Soundtrack as one of my most played on my iPhone…
Own 2 metres of Fabric (2 Patterns) to have create a Waistcoat…

Because Everything works… The Story… The Voices… The Actual refernces to NASCAR both behind the Scenes of the Television Broadcast and with the Actual Drivers…

And if you have a British Copy… Jeremy Clarkson (From Top Gear… The Tall one with the Bad Back… and a Dead Sheep on his head) as Harv.

But Most Importantly Good… Solid… Characters…

Although severly slammed… It caught my imagination… and I personally can’t wait… to Plan to Motor West… For the sequel

I agree with you there annarborjack. No one really seems to appreciate the movie as much as it should be! I’ve kinda made a similar forum to this, but it was about why everyone hates the idea for the sequal. To me, Cars is Pixar’s best movie, but to about 97% of people on here, it is Pixar’s worst. I guess it’s just you and me. But as said above, no one here truely hates it, though it may appear to be according to the above statistic. Which is an estimate. It’s just what I think it appears to be. While other websites, like how you stated the IMDB forums, may hate it, no one here does. We’re all Pixar fans here! No true Pixar fan could hate any of their movies. That’s why for the past 14 years and almost 10 movies they’ve been going strong. Sure Cars is kinda stretched out, but that was the point. It was supposed to kinda throw you into Lightning’s position. If they made it shorter, it wouldn’t be as good! I love all the parts of the movie, and cutting out one would be horrible. Cars is my favorite movie and I’m 13 going on 14 in under two months. It’s not just for kids. The thing about this movie is the fact that it’s Pixar’s biggest controversy (did I use that word right?). Either you’re all for it or just not into it. I’ve never really seen someone just say, “I think it’s in the middle.” It’s usually low ranked or at the top. And people feel so strongly about it. They don’t just weakly support their side. Cars fans are true fans, that’s for sure. We may be only a fraction of all Pixar fans, but we are truely dedicated to the movie. And really, Cars deserves more fan support than what it’s got! I mean, it’s like everyone prefers Wall-E (which I have to admit was good) or The Incredibles (to me Pixar’s worst film, but I don’t hate it). Nice to know there’s another Cars fan around. Welcome to the club! Don’t worry, we’re all nice here in Cars Fan World! :laughing: It really makes me happy when I meet a new Cars fan. No one but me at my school enjoys the movie. Heck, my best friend truely hates it! (Stupid Twilight! What does she see in that movie!?) But back on topic, it may seem like everyone hates it, but keep in mind, you’ve got a good amount of people (including myself) who love it to death! So you aren’t alone! :wink:

I dont’! Its one of my favorites! :smiley: I found it to be hilarious and I’m happy to see the sequel! Lightning is my second favorite male pixar character!

I don’t think Cars is Pixars BEST movie, but its still good! Here is a list of my favorites
1.Toy Story 1 & 2
2.Wall.E
3.Cars
4.The Incredibles
5 Finding Nemo
6 Monsters Inc
7. Ratatouille ( I haven’t seen it yet, is it good?)
8.A bugs life
what are the other pixar movies? there are nine besides Up, is there one I’m missing?

No! You just put both TS 1 and 2 together, so there are only 8 choices. Like I said, it’s usually near the top (like in your case) or the bottom. No one is really ever neutral about it.

What about me?I like the movie too!!! :smiley: :sunglasses:

heh heh :laughing: Well, I hope Cars 2 is in 3D, Up is in 3D, and Toy Story 3 will be in 3D, so I hope so! Too bad we have to wait 2 years for Cars 2! And 3 years for Newt which looks very interesting People think they should of had a Monsters.Inc 2 instead. I was like “What?!?!?!?!?”

Cars 2 is gonna be in 3D. Trust me. When it comes to this kind of news, I’m on top of it all.

What stinks is that my movie theater doesn’t have the 3D projector. For DreamWorks’ Monsters vs. Aliens, it says that it’s in 2D. So I can’t see any of it in 3D. :imp: Our theater owner’s too cheap to pay for the projector!

The good thing about it being in two years is that I get my driver’s liscence in a little under a month before it comes out! I find it an honor to be able to get my liscence around the time Cars 2 comes out. See why? June 24, 2011, here we come!

um, yeah… :frowning:

Please refrain from posts that add nothing to the discussion. Thank you. — Rachel. =)

Count me as fan too! Although it’s the ‘weirdest’ and the least ‘smart’ (but by no means dumb) entry in the Pixar canon, it is definitely, bar none, hands down, the most heart-racing, jaw dropping, pedal-to-the-metal fun I’ve ever experienced in film! Yes, some parts are slow, but they’re meant to show you the beauty and tranquility of the desert setting.
Pixar can do no wrong (so far), and this is no different. It’s not my fave for brain candy (that would have to be Wall-E), but as pure visceral eye candy, it’s top-notch and can’t be beat! :smiley:

My pipe dream would be to attend the premiere of the sequel at El Capitan (or a raceway where they did the first). :slight_smile:

Captain Pan: Man you’re hardcore! I really really want to watch the Jeremy Clarkson version! Top Gear is WIN!

I too love this movie to death and it’s my favorite animated film, ever! And I agree it wasnt just for kids, as I was 20 years old when it came out. Over summer I think I saw it every time I had a day off, and a few times it was sold out and I had to go to a later showing. In fact, the theater stayed crowded with people up to about 2 months after it was released, I wasnt at all the only one wanting to see it (and granted these were usually afternoon matinee showings, and it was still crowded with people!). So Cars was drawing in somebody besides me. :wink: I remember I needed it like a drug. It was my addiction. I lived and breathed for my Cars fix.

umm…

Why do people hate this movie?

Because Disney exploited the heck out of it with all of it’s merchandising and it’s demand for a sequel. (J/K… I think.)

That, and people had a hard time connecting to the characters in this movie. I mean, I donno about you, but I had a hard time connecting with an arrogant rookie-race car. :confused:

(That’s not saying that I didn’t like Cars, but the beginning of Cars was rather rough for me…)

In fact, here’s a quick list of my favorites:
First: Wall-E
Second: Monsters Inc.
Third: Toy Story (1)
Forth: Toy Story 2
Fifth : The Incredibles
Sixth: Finding Nemo
Seventh: Cars
Eighth: A Bugs Life
Ninth: Ratatouille
(I haven’t seen UP yet, and I don’t think Buzz Lightyear Of Star Command: The Adventure Begins counts…)