Cars 2 release date confirmed

The release date for Cars 2 has been announced, as confirmed by Box Office Mojo:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=cars2.htm

Hm, I wouldn’t take it as 100% solid. It’s likely to change. It’s probably just a rough estimate.

I really don’t think we need a two. I feel that one was enough. The ending was perfect.

A nice summer release. Cars has always felt like quite a summery film to me. Thanks for the link, Bill.

not bad…2011 is okay with me. that will give them time for TS3 to blow over and Newt to start to grow…

BOM seems to be pretty much on the money when it comes to release dates, unless Pixar decides to change it at the last minute, but even then it would only be the date that would change, not the year for 2011 from here on out. I guess Newt is being changed to 2012, then…? I hope it gets to be released alongside Cars 2 in 2011 - I need at least one movie to look forward to that year! :stuck_out_tongue:

I dunno if a part 2 is really needed. Part 1 closed up pretty neat and I didn’t really feel like it needed a sequel.

Lets hope Pixar isn’t becomming more like disney with all sequels.

am liking a summer release! :smiley:
haha loving your signature pic btw Lizardgirl XDD

Nice release date! I hope that’s final. Right after I graduate. :slight_smile:
Cars 2 here we come!!

I don’t know whether to cheer or cry.

But I won’t give judgement until I see it. :wink:

Very nice. I don’t think a sequel is necessary, but who knows, maybe Pixar will blow us away and Cars 2 will be great!

Cool. That’s only 2 1/2 years away. :stuck_out_tongue: Seems like a long time, but by that time I’ll actually be done with school and hopefully have a marketable skill to get a real job.

Yay!!! Cars 2 will rule! Too bad Paul Newman won’t return to play as Doc Hudson in the sequal. To those of you who think a sequal to Cars isn’t nessesary, it really is. It can be built on. What is Doc and Lightning’s friendship gonna be after the movie? Is it gonna work, or will it flop? Then there is the romantic pair of McQueen and Sally. I wanna see them kiss!!! (Wow, awkward!) There’s so much more to expand on. If there wasn’t, then why are there 448 fanfictions on them on fanfiction.net?

The only problem if Doc (and Fillmore) are in it with someone else’s voice, it wouldnt seem right to me. Although in some respects I cant imagine Doc not being in it, since he was a major character but it’ll be awkward for me, at the very least.