Toy Story Reference?

Guys, What do you think? Mater and Lightning are like Buzz And Woody. Mater was the guy in his town that wasn’t new ( and had a voice like Woody), while Lightning was like Buzz, who was new to the town.

i can somewhat see the resemblance…

Woody-Old…rather worn out from use.
Buzz-Brand Spankin’ new…

Woody-Classic
Buzz-Modern (up to date with the hip) the major…

The resemblance is true but clear as mud…

The only Toy Story reference I saw in Cars was the Dinco gas station logo.

I see your point but I think the only references are Lightning is pretty new like Buzz and Mater’s a little older like Woody. They all have different personalities.

But I think the reference stops there. Mater wasn’t jealous of McQueen.

I guess you could think of it that way, but honestly it wasnt similar enough for me to think of Toy Story. Dinoco and Lightyear tires were the only things that made me think of it.

Look in the credits!
There’s a short parody of Toy Story, A Bug’s Life and Monsters, Inc. where all characters are cars!!!
lol

Yeah, I can see the vague resemblance between the two, but it wasn’t immediately obvious to me. The only thing that really gave me the feel of Toy Story and also, in a way, Monsters, Inc., was the whole two best friends that are very different thing.

Thanks For the Opinion Guys!

The Toy Story References I can see on Cars is Lightning McQueen’s car number is 95 which refers to the year Toy Story was made. Also, the Lightyear tires which refers to Buzz Lightyear and lastly, The Toy Cars Story.

Chick Hick’s car number 86 is a reference to the year Pixar was founded.
Lightning McQueen name was named after a Pixar animator Glenn McQueen.