Paul Newman (1925-2008)

I knew this was coming, but it’s still a terrible news :cry:

Us at prayer wall will be praying for him and his family.

may he rest in peace. :cry:

This was the first thing I saw when I checked my email on yahoo. I felt so sad. He was a great actor. He’s in a better place now. My prayers go out to his family, friends, and all who loved him.

May he rest in peace.
Paul Newman, you will truly be missed.
(Cars 2 news, here we come…)

Congratulations to Mr. Newman! Boy, is he having fun now. :slight_smile: We’ll miss him.

Rest in peace, he was such a great man ! Well let’s hope he’s in a better place now…

What will happen to Cars 2 now??

Admin stuff: Gonna scoot this over to the Cars forum. The Pixar Studio thread is more for the actual Pixar staff…

I don’t usually get choked up over a celebrity death thread, so I have to admit I got very sad when I read this at another message board. Newman was nothing less than a true Hollywood establishment, and so devoted to making people’s lives better outside of filmmaking - a real class act. The stars of today could do a lot worse than to follow his example.

RIP, sir. Don’t know if there’ll ever be another like you.

Aw, man! I was afraid this was going to happen! Now we are never going to get a better voice actor for Doc than him! NO! NO! AHHHHHHH! NO!

Sigh. Dang it. :cry:

=( I had a bad feeling this was going to happen…he was a brilliant actor, though, and I hope he’s in a better place. RIP, Paul Newman!

RIP Paul. I’ll always remember you for great movies like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and The Sting, and even your famous salad dressings which are still my favourite.

This year just keeps getting worse :frowning:

“Sometimes nothin’ is a cool hand.”

And sometimes it isn’t. :frowning:

He was one hell of an actor. He was also tough as nails, yet one of the most genuinely nice and selfless guys out there. Requiescat in Pace.

Awww, my boyfriend broke the news to me while driving home. :frowning:

Rest in peace, Paul Newman.

:confused: I bet his family is having a riot of a time dealing with their grief.

Someone over at Beatlelinks (the other forum I’m at) posted this in our Paul Newman thread there, so I just thought I’d share it:

Versus Batman (at Beatlelinks):

RIP Paul, I wasnt that familiar with you until Cars came, but you brought so much to Doc’s character & I heart you for it.

RIP Paul Newman. I’m a bit sad that he won’t be in Cars 2, now. He did such a great job with that character…

I knew this was going to happen sooner or later but still it sad to hear about his death. He was a great actor. Even thought I only seen two of his movies: Off course, Cars and The Towering Inferno.

This is such a shame this has happened to such a great man! :frowning:
May he Rest in Peace!

I just watched Cars on TV yesterday and was wondering whether Mr Newman would return as Doc Hudson for the sequel. I guess now we’ll never know…I only knew him from Cars and those salad dressing bottles, but I’m now intrigued to watch his older classics like the Westerns and dramas.
Rest in peace, Mr Newman. Your presence will be sorely missed.

Last night I went out with a friend, and I came back and found Newman’s Own Lemonade sitting in our fridge. :frowning:

Rock on, A113. Way to put things in perspective!

And lennonluvr9, thanks for sharing that.

R.I.P Paul Newman. You will not be forgotten.

Haystack