Lightning's Real Name

Really, who would name their kid Lightning? Even if he was fast. And how could of they known that when he was born (constructed?) So what do you think his real name would be? I thought about celebrity names, and I, ironically, think Owen would sort of fit. What do you think?

I don’t know, I always thought Lightning has always been his name. I mean, if you question his name, you probably would have to ask what kind of parents would name their kid Mater. I don’t know, I don’t see another name that would fit Mr. Mcqueen.

Well, now that you mention it, RR, you’re right: who would name their kid Lightning? I mean, I would, sure! But parents of someone born in the late '70s most likely wouldn’t have a desire to name their kid something like that.

I bet he used Lightning McQueen as a “stage name” when he entered racing, and then legally changed it after he started doing great.

But what was his real name? :confused: Oh, more mysteries.

It’s probably not Owen; nah, too easy. But parents usually name their kids something that doesn’t fit their personality in the future, so don’t expect anything like that.

But if we found the answer sometime, we’d probably find out that Lightning is his real name, but for now, it’s still a huge mystery.

But as long as I call William Blythe by the name of Bill Clinton, I’m gonna call whatever-his-brithname-is by the name of…ahem…Lightning McQueen!

I always assumed his real name was Lightning. He’s not the only car in that movie with a non-conventional name. On a related note, I did see from my Art of Cars book that Ramone’s last name was gonna be Impala and Sarge’s real name at one time was William. So that is what I believe their names to be, despite the fact that they’re never mentioned in the movie. But Lightning was always Lightning :wink:

ME TOO! Bum Bum Ba BUUUUUUUUUUM!

Remember, this is the car world, not our own.

Yes, but most of the Cars have normal first names. Liiiike… Sally, Fred, Johnathan, and others.

I always thought his name was Lightning…it ust fits! I’ve wondered about his last name since I saw the movie, though. Remember at the end of Finding Nemo, when itwas dedicated to a person whose last name was ‘McQueen’? Is that where he got his name from? Was it out of respect for the deceased?

ya. I think his name was Glen McQueen.

Well, Lightning’s parents aren’t mentioned in the film at all. My theory is that a particular name is given to a car since it is manufactured. The name Lightning is given probably because he is a race car. It’s the Cars World, so you can expect some strange names. Though, I’ve got no idea who manufactured all the cars.
BTW, I don’t think cars have kids. :frowning: I think cars are created and stay alive forever and they need no kids. The only way a car can die is being crushed into pieces.

Afterall, that’s only my weird theory. :confused: It could be wrong. It’s the Cars World anyway. What do you think?

I actually think that Lightning McQueen’s parents named him after Doc. Yeah. That was something I created up for my stories. McQueen supposedly had a blue paintjob that resembled Doc’s and he seemed like a racecar, so they named him Hudson. I say he changed it to Lightning because he was always being compared to The Fabulous Hudson Hornet as a kid and all through school and he wanted a name of his own. Just one girl’s theory here. This may not be something everyone would agree with.

I’ve thought up of another idea. Maybe Lightning was given a name that is a boy’s name, but could be associated with a girl’s, like Darien. He got teased in schoool because of the name and changed it to Lightning before he started racing.