Epic Mickey

Epic Mickey is a new video game being published by Junction Studios (which it owned by Disney) and is being developed by Warren Spector of Deus Ex fame. Here is some concept art.

This actually looks really promising! :smiley: so far it has only been unofficially announced for the Wii.

That looks pretty cool! Iā€™m interested.

Mickey already is epic. Itā€™s called Kingdom Hearts. :stuck_out_tongue: Even though it would be impossible, it would be so cool if he had a Keyblade in this game.

Seriously, though this game does sound cool. If I remember correctly, there were some really good Mickey platformers back in the Super Nintendo/Genesis days. The steampunk angle also sounds really cool, and Iā€™m always up for a good platformer, especially if it is on the Wii.

The art looks really cool, but the direction looks really weird. The zombie Goofy kind of freaks me out. fredgambino.co.uk/web_pages/ ā€¦ bie01.html

That looks really neat. I hope they donā€™t ā€˜Disneyfyā€™ it.

So thereā€™s the Disney JRPG, and now Disney dystopian future game. When can I play the Disney FPS!?

Thatā€™s what I thought when I first heard about this! Although I think the thing that really interests me is that the concept art shows images of Epcot and Magic Kingdom. Which suggests that it will take place in Disney World! (well a cryptic strange Disney World :stuck_out_tongue:) but still! Iā€™ve wanted a Disney World video game for AGES.

Call of Mickey: Disney Warfare coming to Xbox 360 Fall 2010.

Fuller gallery of the stuff here: shacknews.com/screenshots.x? ā€¦ #img138496
From the looks of some of the stuff, seems that a revamped Phantom Blot is the villain, creating stuff like the zombie Goofy or these robotic chimeras. So itā€™s up to Mickey to save the Disney world.

This is kinda off topic, but if you listen closely, I think some of the thing that makes Mickey epic in KH is that Wayne Allwine made his voice a tad lower, less childish, in the game. Itā€™s pretty subtle, but if you listen to the voice in say, House of Mouse, and compare it to KH, Mickey sounds more mature.

I donā€™t know who they have now for the voice of Mickey, but I hope he can make such subtle changes in voice to differ this epic and slightly dark version of the mouse and still keep the peppy squeakiness for normal.

Ahhhā€¦ the first shots simply said to me Fallout 3, Disney-style. And that, my friends, is promising to be a seriously good game.

I doubt theyā€™d Disneyfy it thoughā€¦ I think this isnā€™t going to be targeted to the Playhouse Disney audience :stuck_out_tongue:

I remember owning a Mickey-themed game beforeā€¦ it was for the Playstation, and it was Mickeyā€™s Wild Adventure. Oh, the memories. I can imagine this being the ā€œolder target marketā€ version of it, insane-style.

I agree! I think it wonā€™t be too hard to find some one where if you didnā€™t know that the original voice died, than you wouldnā€™t e able to tell the difference. Seriously, how many people do you know that can do a half decent Mickey Mouse voice? By the way, did you know that Kingdom Hearts 358//2 Days was his last project :cry:

I have no idea what on Earthā€™s the story about, but I hope itā€™s along the likes of point-and-click adventures like Myst instead of Kingdom Hearts (itā€™s just a personal preference, Iā€™m more a fan of Monkey Island-ish puzzle games than Final Fantasy-esque RPGs).
The concept art are certainly stunning. Itā€™s haunting to see Epcot lying in ruins, and the giant tube of paint wouldnā€™t look out of place in a Dali painting. I guess the word to describe this game is: Surreal.
Canā€™t wait for more info. Any game with the word ā€œEpicā€ in it is sure to sound grand. :smiley:

Itā€™s supposed to be a platforer, although if itā€™ll be 2D like the old Mari games, or 3D, like the new ones, I am not sure of.

This looks awesome!

It looks like a mix of Fallout 3 and Kingdom Hearts. Im excited to see the game in action!

There are new details out.

Oswald. Thatā€™s right. Oswald is the gameā€™s main antagonist. Color me excited.

Hereā€™s a quote I received from a friend, donā€™t remember the origin, but itā€™s official.

More info should be coming Friday.

That actually sounds like a really cool idea! :smiley: I really cannot wait for this to come out! :slight_smile:.

Hmmmm, I dont think its worth it. Like other members said, ā€œIts called Kingdom Heartsā€. Personally I think its another attempt to make Disney ā€œHard Coreā€. I wish to know whos responsible for that absurd title. Epic Mickey? That sounds like the imagination of a middle school student.

I dont mean to sound snippy. I just dont like Disney out of character. :confused:

OOOOOh. Steampunk Mickey. Looks like 9 meets Kingdom Hearts. This will either be REALLY good or REALLY bad, and Iā€™m leaning towards the earlier with the concept art. %D

Well, keep in mind, itā€™s still early in production. Could just be a working title.

I also read in Cinematical today about turning the game into an animated film. (yes, already.) Purely speculation, of course, but here is the article:

haha just a bit WAYYY early :stuck_out_tongue:.