Mittens (Bolt) vs Jessie (TS2)

Do you think Mittens was inspired on Jessie?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Everyone says that Bolt has got a bit of BuzzLightyear personalyty and a bit of Lightning Mcqueen personality.
I’m not really sure about that but I really thought that Mittens is similar to Jessie. [spoil]When she tells Bolt her story I couldn’t stop thinking of Jessie singing “when she loved me”. [/spoil]Bolt’s reaction if very like woody’s reaction.

What do you think??

I said that after seeing Bolt! They seem to have very similar stories.

Heh, t2u2y, that was exactly what I thought. Indeed, I saw TS2 after Bolt but anyway I find TS and Bolt very similar (Bolt=Buzz, Mittens=Jessie). The comparison with McQueen is also an interesting point

Hmmm…yeah, I think she is in a way a lot like Jessie…“When She Loved Me” would go great with Mittens on a music video…

And welcome to the boards, t2u2y! :smiley:

It does appear to me that Mittens and Jessie have similarities, but then you could say the exact same thing over all the HSM’s just being re-makes/tooling of classic, and infamous Musicals… And that the Lion King Movies… are based on the Works of Shakespeare… Lion King- Hamlet, Lion King 2-Romeo and Juliet

It appears that Lasseter found the Dialogue that he “couldn’t get to work” when he was writing the Scenes for Jessie and Woody, and thankfully he didn’t find it back in the 90s otherwise we wouldn’t have When She Loved Me…

They defintely do have their smililarites! But I don’t think that Bolst was inspired by Jessie. The fear of being replaced or forgotten is a common one in people, and it’s natural to put those fears in an animated character.

I don’t think Disney intentionally copied Pixar. Characters with ‘trust issues’ has long been a staple of cinema. Heck, even one of the protagonists in Rio has a similar problem when it comes to humans…

They are similar, but I’m sure it wasn’t intentional.

Jessie? Hmm, well I don’t know. Mittens was really more pessimistic. But then again, it was a long time since i saw the film. Overall Mittens seems to be a mix between several different earlier characters.

Bolt and Buzz Lightyear? Nah… Or well, they do have similar synopsis - true, but they are very different in terms of personality and character development. And they represent different messages.

Buzz was really all about self-awareness. Bolt was about the innocent, trusting nature of the canine race.

But heck, comparing characters is interesting!

You might as well say that Toy Story stole source material from The Brave Little Toaster. And I’m not just talking about the fact that the toys and appliances from both films move around when no human can see them. Sid’s tampering with his toys - putting an pterodactyl head on a doll, the fishing rod with Barbie legs - are just like the crazy dude in TBLT who tears a blender’s top off and glues forks to a tea kettle. Then there’s the fact that the appliances live for one purpose…to serve their master, as in Pixar, the toys live only to be played by Andy.

Furthermore, Andy’s toys wind up in a junkyard, like the appliances.

Heck, Hamm could even be said to be a lot like Radio, since they both are fond of sarcasm, although I think Hamm’s sarcasm is intended, and Radio’s is unintentional.

The one significant difference between the two films is that Toy Story is a buddy picture, just like Cars 2 is a spy flick. That separates them by far, just as Jessie and Mittens are nothing alike.

Jessie is full of goodness and only lashes out when she is falsely accused of something. Mittens is tough and is not someone to mess with. The fact that she goes back to comfort Bolt is a surprise, but she becomes too attached to him, and then his owner ends up liking her.

I think it’s somehow a bit like Jessie

Please don’t spam our boards with your websites - Rachel.