Bolt or WALL-E

What is better? Bolt or WALL-E

• Bolt
  • WALL-E

0 voters

I know a lot of people did’nt like walle, because it had little dialogue. :smiling_imp: {I’m not one of those people.} So they might like Bolt better. Or some people would like WALL-E better because they did’nt mind. What do you like better?

I didn’t like WALl-E at all. I saw Bolt and I thought it was cute. It was a pretty good movie, maybe even better than some Pixar movies, but I think I like Bolt a lot more than WALLE.

lol No, TAMATER, I am afraid. First, some people, if not most, would automatically reduced to liking WALL•E much better (I have got the WALL•E with the interpunct copied in my clipboard so it is convenient to use) because it was made by Pixar. Second, it is a fantastic film. I love Bolt, but I also like WALL•E. I recognize the fact that I have not used the bigger l-word on WALL•E, but, unfortunately, it just did not move me in the way it had touched all the hearts of you WALL•E lovers out there. ^^"

WALL•E is a great film, like I said, but one who sadly does not enjoy the average romance genre whether watching a movie or reading a book would probably not sit through the hour and a half (or more, I lost count) comfortably. I sat through it quietly. There were many parts of the story that had kept my mind busy, so it was not dull, for one thing. But, let’s put it this way: A man may find a plate of spicy spaghetti to be incredibly delicious with its intensive taste that stings his tongue, but another man of similar interest for Italian pasta might find the spice in the food to have contaminate the greatness of its taste, and thus, unfortunately, find it to be rather appalling.

Basically, quoting what many have said,
“Each to his own taste.”

I did not mind WALL•E’s little use of dialogue in the beginning, mind you. I thought it was excellently done. Only people with a poor taste for good movies had criticized this severely with their conceited mind, which I found to be quite annoying. What WALL•E need is a good song to go with it. I know you may take up the role of the second spice-hating man when you read this, but I think Bolt was great when they added Miley Cyrus’ song.

Go ahead, scream. :laughing: I know many hate her because of her recent notorious incidents, but you know what they say; hate the game, not the player. If the game was played well, cheer for it, despite your views on the jerk.

Her song, “I Thought I Lost You,” was extremely fitting to the movie. I only said this because it informed me about the ‘hidden’ plot line within the film; go check out my post in the official Bolt thread for the forums to find out what I am talking about because it is kinda a long explanation. A little lengthy.

To simply put it, the first line of the chorus got me to realize that Bolt is also, as a matter of fact, a love story. Maybe not one involving romantic relationships, but one with trust, loyalty, and desperation shared between the ‘person’ and her pet. Like one fan of WALL•E once said, this is a film truly needing to be appreciated.

And what makes Bolt a level better than WALL•E - to me - is the final scene, where [spoil]Penny, a nine to ten years old child, was seemingly suffocating to death[/spoil]. For the eeriness of that scene, it was given a PG rating. But that was what that entranced me. I almost teared, which is ironic, because I was supposed to cry for the other movie, when WALL•E seemed to have lost his memory.

I guess it is just that EVE’s body movements kinda slowed my mind down. I did have an “Awe…” going through my head when I saw that scene, but heh, nothing more than an awe. :stuck_out_tongue:

My bad.

Bolt’s movements, however, was really great. If you have read to this part, do not bother to go and read my other post, because I have told you half of what I wanted you to read in there. Anyway, Bolt, while Penny laid lifelessly by his side and moaning, whimpering away, the loyal pet sat beside her as the fumes surged on. It was a really dramatic scene. There were no sign of hope longer than WALL•E had no sign of recovery, which works better. Seeing [spoil]a young female adolescent apparently dying[/spoil] just really grips my heart, as I am sure it have grip some of your hearts as well after realizing [spoil]the amount of gloom presented[/spoil] in this PG-rated Disney production.

So, in conclusion, I feel that both had did their best in bringing out a great story. Is that not what it is all about? Telling people of heartwrenching tales while sending them on an adventure? Both films, when compared, would just sprout massive amount of unnecessary flames which I have seen too much of in my life. When two good stories were pitched against one another, it really saddens me to see all sorts of people coming out of the shell to throw various insults at either one of them that which both I like, even though my alignment is towards Bolt (but that is due to my taste, not my judgment of its quality).

I have given Bolt a 7.8/10, and I think it truly deserves it and shouldn’t be underrated in any manner, not that it is. :wink: Oh, and as for WALL•E, I would give it a 8.5/10 due to its great composition of the story and characters combined (cut off some points for some dull moments it brought me - again, personal taste, that’s all), but I think that it has been given way too much credit to be given any more. :stuck_out_tongue:

In my mind, there is simply no comparison: Wall-E for the win!

I just noticed that I have not revealed that inconspicuous, easily missed plot-line in the film in my previous post yet, despite my announcement of otherwise. I guess I will just post it here in a short sentence.

I was talking about how Penny and Bolt were seemingly ‘running away’ from each other when making attempts in finding each other, something rather deep, having me giving it the 7.8 score.

Go check out my post in the recent pages of the “Bolt” thread in “Other Disney” for more info as to what I am referring to.

Wall-E in my opinion is the best film of all time.

I’ll admit, I haven’t seen Bolt in full, but my reaction to WALL-E is such that, even if I consider Bolt to be a very good film, even an excellent film, I don’t think it will surpass Pixar’s newest movie in my mind.

Same here, too.

I just went and watch Bolt once more, and I could not cease from tearing up in the Mittens’ confession scene and the Penny dying scene. Practically, I was holding my tears back for half of the movie in my second watch.

For WALL-E, I had barely sniffed once for my first watch so… yeah. :stuck_out_tongue:

I haven’t seen bolt yet…i really want to see it. I never really thought that you could compare the two and have different ideas but i guess you can. The thing i liked about walle was that it was probably just a nice way for Pixar to show off. They brought out everything in that film…Robots…greatest sound editor in the world…and one of the better storylines that they have created. If you want to compare the dialog and the storyline to bolt you might want to compare Disney Animation ot Pixar Animation just to see the differences. I love Meet the Robinsons…but that is the only Disney Animated Film i have seen in theatres. I have seen all of Pixar’s latest films since The Incredibles…

I have to say i’m somewhat biased about Pixar and Walle. My family got really into it when the previews came up…we were somewhat disappointed with the whole global warming thing but other then that the storyline and movie were gerat.

I would give walle a 9.5/10…
Pro-

Animation…Pixar just once again raises the level of superior animation with Walle. A stunning masterpiece…
Storyline…reminded me somewhat of Finding Nemo (don’t ask me how). Its just so simple that it becomes engrosing into the beholder. Its just easy to watch and very simplicit.
Characters…seriously who couldn’t like Walle…i mean he is so small and innocent and cute. :slight_smile: You just can’t help but rooting for him.
Sound Editor…getting Burtt was a major step into masterpiece for Pixar. His ability to add sound and great sound at that really made Walle the next step higher.

Cons-

Somewhat meaningless plot…okay, it is rather weak in its plot. So Walle meets Eve and falls in love. Not much there…the only thing that kept this movie out of a horribly dul film was the added adventure of Walle going into space and the whole adventure on board the Axiom. It was saved by mini-plots…not a great major plot behind it.

As soon as i see Bolt i’l put my review here for it and compare them…

lol Yes, he is cute (to those who like the ‘nerd look’), but to mix compelling drama with adorable characters… let’s just say it is like having Zac Efron starring as Jack in Titanic. :wink:

I see what you mean…they tried to make the adventure good but the character like Finding Nemo…

It was a mix of Finding Nemo and The Incredibles…not really easy to do that.

Bolt was a great movie. I laughed, I got chocked up, etc. But to me… WALL-E was just an absolutely beautiful film. No contest IMO.

Whoa, not even giving Bolt a fighting chance? A tad cruel, is that not so? :stuck_out_tongue:

The scene where the fireworks shone above Las Vegas in Bolt was truly beautiful to me, too, and I think the movie deserves at least a nomination for ‘Best Story.’

You know, I’m not really sure which film I love more…Which is surprising, because I always favor Pixar over the other animation studios.

But I was happliy surprised when i saw Bolt. It touched me as equally as Wall-E did, and I really can’t pick between the two. :confused:

I liked bolt, but Wall-E wins anyday in my book.

Heh, and people asked me why my opinion involves an overrated of WALL-E. :laughing:

You think WALL-E is overrated huh? What I think of the movie is that WALL-E is a visual masterpiece. In baseball terms, Pixar hit one right out of the ballpark with WALL-E, just not my ballpark.

No, I am saying so because many have gave WALL-E credit without giving a proper reason. For Bolt, I gave my reason as to why I feel it is a slight notch above WALL-E. The least you could do is type two paragraphs measuring the length of one of mine. :wink:

Otherwise, it is like worshiping a god just because other people claimed that it is a god.

Well, personally, I think watching WALL-E is a deeper experience than watching something like Bolt. WALL-E deals with the very human matters of romance and love, and also with looking after our Earth, with whether or not you should follow orders- even if you know that it’s the wrong thing to do- and with the point of humanity itself. It basically asks ‘why?’ about everything that we do and have done, and it does so with the most astounding animation and with characters that both children and adults can relate to and can enjoy.

I’m sure Bolt does some of these things, such as appealing to a wide-ranged audience, but I can’t exactly see it being much of a deep film. The storyline sounds good, especially the idea of finding out that you’re actually not something that you thought you were (very reminiscent of Buzz from Toy Story, that aspect is) and dealing with that, but at the same time, there are the Dreamworks-esque references in the inclusion of somewhat pointless yet entertaining characters and the use of a ‘famous’ cast. I don’t know who Miley Cyrus is, but I’m guessing that she’s in Bolt because she’s Miley Cyrus, not because she was right for the part, or is known as a talented actress.

That’s why (in my opinion, of course), WALL-E is better than Bolt and other films like Bolt. Not to say that Bolt’s a bad film, of course! I’ll say more on the matter when it’s actually released sometime next year, or in the next millenia. But either way, I can’t see it having as good a soundtrack, voice acting (ironically) or animation as WALL-E does. Pixar manages to reach a higher level with their storytelling that in a way, surprasses even some of their own previous creations, and I think it’d be pretty difficult for Bolt to top that, even considering some of the critical analyses that I’ve read about the film. I can see how it is thought of as a film about coming to terms with reality, and accepting the truth and having faith, but WALL-E makes the audience come to terms with reality. You not only follow the path of the characters, but you end up making realisations that even they do not.

Plus, there’s the fact that WALL-E, as a whole, has been praised endlessly, whilst Bolt has been given positive reviews but not to WALL-E’s extent. I know that judging by the majority isn’t the be all and end all, but it’s got to say something about both films in question.