The Chronicles of Narnia

What Narnia movie do you like better?

• The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
  • Prince Caspian
  • The other movies will be better.

0 voters

I like these movies, and the Australian DVD release for Prince Caspian will be on the 26th of November. There will be a Blu-ray, a single disc (with tin-only at EzyDVD), and a 2 Disc.
[url]http://www.ezydvd.com.au/list.zml?ids=802094&ids=800791&ids=802095[/url]
But any way, what’s your favourite? Mines Prince Caspian. I suppose it was better because it was a bit more serious. :sunglasses:

Oh boy. I really can’t decide because I love both movies equally. I love the story and the characters were played really well. One thing that really stuck me in the first one was the reffenece of the resurection of Christ. THe thing that struck me in the second one was the epic battle scenes. I thought they were both really cool and creative.

DARN IT! I should have added a both option for the poll :imp:

If ya did, that is what I would’ve voted for. :wink:

Didn’t enjoy the first one. Never saw the second. More of a LOTR fan.

The first one was true to form why even the great cousin of C.S. Lewis helped create the movie. The second one was only for money. The third one will be fantastic…can’t wait for the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Can’t wait…

None of them so far, really. I guess they were all right. The characters seemed quite like those in the book, but despite its fantastical content, the book just seems a lot more mature than the films. The special effects have generally been pretty well done though, and they are decent movies. Just not my cup of tea.

Agree with lizardgirl on the films not being a personal cup of bitter beverage part. Though I’m a die-hard Disney fan all the way, and I would definitely not miss the next Narnia film, the medieval genre is just dying for me; getting a little tired of it, not to mention that both fight scenes near the end of both films were equally similar, with catapults and intimidating armies charging in on a smaller party.

In the end, they’re all good and all, but I wouldn’t be seen fascinated by these chronicles.

I’d say Prince Caspian. I love the Minotaurs, and Asterius was a bit cooler then General Otmin. :smiley:

can’t wait for next one to come out…

I loved the first, never saw the sequel though. I plan to see it soon though.

Hey M-o take my advice…

The first one was done so that it went along with the book.

The secnod one is for money. It is Lewis’ worst book of the series so don’t expect as much. Still enjoy it though it has great action scenes.

That was probably the only part I liked about the second Narnia movie. The action scenes were better than the first.

I watched PC in theatres. The score is beautiful, and the scenery’s were nice. But I always got the feeling that it was just a cheap copy of another more epic trilogy set in a land whose name starts with the alphabet before Narnia’s ‘N’.
SPOILERS AHEAD!
I liked the backstab strategy in the final battle (though it’s a little unrealistic, even for a fantasy fic) and I felt bad for the Narnians who got left behind to be wasted in the castle seige.
One thing I noticed (and a lot of people in other reviews, too) is that when they slice and chop at people with their swords, there’s a surprising lack of blood. Even when Lord Sopespian ran Miraz though with a sword, the blade was not crimson when he pulled it out.
END SPOILERS
Guess they didn’t want to traumatise the kids with bloodshed, yet give the adults their swordfights.

what i hated was Susan and Caspian…OHHHH the romace :unamused:

sheez Lewis would be dissapointed

Well, I liked the romance Al-Bob.

Unfortunitely i’m a lewis fan so it disturbed me…but i bet most people did enjoy it.

Most of my friends had some mixed reactions about the relationship.

ya…i could see why.

I was also disappointed that Aslan didn’t show up until later. He was one cool lion.