Pixar Planet

Bolt

Are you a fan of the mother company? If so, then this is the place to talk about everything else going on inside the wonderful world of Disney.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Which version of Disney's next animated film do you favor?

American Dog
39%
Bolt
61%

Total votes : 66

Postby martini833 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:41 am

Rachel- I'm guessing you mean the red/blue 3D glasses...
No you don't use those, it's in RealD 3D aka Disney Digital 3D which uses lightly tinted glasses and the color doens't wash out at all.
The glasses aren't carboard, instead they're plastic. If you've been to a 3D film in the last 3 years, you may have seen these.
But ya, no annoying red and blue!
martini833
Upcoming Pixar Alumni

Postby JhOpZzZz » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:08 am

Bolt will be shown on Philippines November 26.
Whoa I think this is similar to the US release.
I fell in love with Pixar since Toy Story and now I'm 19 and still loving Pixar films particularly WALL-E and I'm crazy as hell about it.
JhOpZzZz
Shark Bait

Postby ILGAMGnJLA97736 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:28 pm

I am not going to watch this at theathers because for me it just is not my cup of coke a cola.

2nd I am trying to save as much money as I can in hard times like these to help out my family with food and drink and medical needs, an for me at this time buying movie tickets, to see animated fair/or live/action is not A wise move on my part.

3rd reason for not seeing Bolt well I will leave that unsaid, because I dont want to start anything on that or cause waves here, an plus I dont want a cross fire to brake out lol.

KJA -
ILGAMGnJLA97736
Ant

Location: Grand Rapids Ohio 4thStreet (looking for penpals in my area NW/Ohio,IM me if you like to be one.

Postby CoCoMeister » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:41 pm

ILGAMGnJLA97736: Point A+B taken and understood. And I won't ask about Point C!!!

Also, not sure if you guys knew this yet, but at this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, there's going to be a huge Bolt balloon (and a huge Buzz Lightyear one!!) And Miley Cyrus is gonna be performing the song from the movie too. I think the song is really cute :) You can check out the music video here
CoCoMeister
Garbage Boy

Postby thedriveintheatre » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:36 am

JhOpZzZz wrote:Bolt will be shown on Philippines November 26.
Whoa I think this is similar to the US release.

Uh, no, the 'Mericans get it on the 21st...which is today! But cheer up, at least you Pinoys get it one day earlier than Malaysia (27th November), one week earlier than S'pore (4th December), and one whole freakin' month before the Aussies (1st January 2009)! Consider yourself lucky, heheh! :P

That's great news, CoCoMeister. The more publicity the better. And I like the music video, is that really Travolta? He looks so... different... :shock:

Anyway, another clip has been released featuring a pair of cats who taunt Bolt from the skylight of his trailer. The snarky scrawnier cat is hilarious, as well as his goofy plumper sidekick! Watch it HERE.

Bolt opens in US Theatres TODAY! Oh boy! :D
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby bright dot-dasher » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:50 am

Anyone else gets a little reminded of Buzz Lightyear when watching Bolt's character? I mean, they both think they're so powerful/superheroic, when really none of their superpowers/gadgets are real.
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby thedriveintheatre » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:30 am

Yeah, I thought the same too! I was telling my sis (cos' she was curious about it, since they started the ad campaign in Sing) it's like "Toy Story meets Homeward Bound".

Anyway, there's some new games on the official website! There's "Run Bolt Run", which is your basic Super Mario platformer, and "Mittens' Hot Dog Hideaway", which is an adorable juggling act game. There's also a neat interactive activity called "Rhino Is Your Biggest Fan", where the hamster will act like...you guessed it, your biggest fan as he recites your personal particulars that you have already entered in. He even says my name (though when I tried typing in "Bolt", he didn't mention it :P)!

They folks behind the site also posting up the usual one-two word summary from the critics on the site (like "Fully Awesome" and "Great fun"), and so far the consensus is approving (of course, the Disney folks picked the best quotes). More reliable is the Rotten Tomato rating, which currently stands at 84%, which gives it a Fresh Rating! :D

I have high hopes for this latest effort from Disney Animation Studio...we'll wait and see how the rating evens out as more reviews pour in...
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Sky » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:05 am

Glad to know that Bolt is getting pretty good reviews. I may actually go see this now.

I just have another question about the 3D glasses: if I go and see it in 3D and I take the glasses off, would it be possible to watch the movie normally from then on? Because sometimes certain video games or anything optical will give me a headache so I may want to watch the rest of the movie sans glasses if it does.
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby lizardgirl » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:50 am

Don't quote me on this, Rachel, but when I've seen 3D films, I've found that watching without the glasses is quite difficult because everything looks sort of blurred and there's red and blue outlines around things. You can still watch it, but it's definitely not like watching a normal film in the cinema.

I'm vaguely tempted by Bolt now...I'm pleased that it's been getting good reviews, at least.
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby Shockerz » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:59 pm

lizardgirl wrote:Don't quote me on this, Rachel, but when I've seen 3D films, I've found that watching without the glasses is quite difficult because everything looks sort of blurred and there's red and blue outlines around things. You can still watch it, but it's definitely not like watching a normal film in the cinema.

I'm vaguely tempted by Bolt now...I'm pleased that it's been getting good reviews, at least.

It's a great movie. I teared up toward the end a little :)!
Shockerz
Shark Bait

Postby R2-D2 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:54 pm

If you remove your glasses it will just look like a perfect double image. I saw Bolt in 3-D, and found it to work quite well. You are probably thinking of the old red and blue 3-D, which I found gave me a headache. Bolt is really good, and it is worth seeing with or without 3-D. But, in 3-D the Up trailer looks amazing. The glasses are not cardboard, they are plastic. They are also comfortable and lightweight, you forget you even have them on. You can keep them, but if you don't want them they are recyclable.
R2-D2
Shark Bait

Postby Pixar.rocks » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:12 pm

I've always wondered how the animators do A 3D Film... Do they do all the normal animating and then do something else ? or i don't know...
Pixar.rocks
Toy Collector

Postby R2-D2 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:51 pm

To get the affect of 3-D, they would have to animate two slightly different images, one for the right eye and one for the left. With Real D 3-D, (Journey to the Centre of the Earth, Bolt), both images flick back and forth at a higher frame rate then usual film, which is why without glasses it just looks like a perfect double image, but with the glasses, it gives the illusion of depth. So it is pretty much the same as animating any other film, except they would need two slightly different shots for every frame. To achieve the 3-D affect in post-production, you would have to go back and add in the second images. You can get more info on it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_D
R2-D2
Shark Bait

Postby Pixar.rocks » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:03 pm

Thanks for the info ! :D
Pixar.rocks
Toy Collector

Postby R2-D2 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:36 pm

Your Welcome!
R2-D2
Shark Bait

PreviousNext

Return to Other Disney