Do you thinlk Boo will be a teen or still a kid in this?

In the second one I mean.
So I heard Boo will be in this one.
Question for me is, will it maybe be a year apart from the other film?
Or maybe shey’ll be a teen?
What do you think?

I think Boo will still be a kid, but then again, you never know.

If she is a teen though, she will have to have a real name. I don’t know any teenagers named Boo.

Although Boo Radley’s name is Boo… hmm.

Has anyone considered the sequel not having Boo in it at all? I think that might be interesting.

You should make a poll for this thread!

If then I do not know what to say, Boo would lose the essence, and I tell you being a fan of Boo. If I had not been a year when she says that Kitty has the same voice, but is surprised Sulley, not whether there will be increased. :frowning:
Love Boo :blush:

There has been absolutely no official word from Pixar or Disney as to which characters will return in the sequel, or which ones won’t. We do not know if Boo will be in the sequel, or if she is, how old she will be, or how long after the original ends that the sequel will pick up. Everything you have read so far on the internet is simple speculation and guess-work, and at this point in time should not be taken anymore seriously than someone’s fanfiction, insofar as it being “canon” or “official”.

Now in MY opinion, IF Boo returns, I have some strong reservations about her being a teenager. It’s tough to have a teen character who really appeals to all ages. Pixar pulled it off once with Violet Parr, but twice…I don’t know. I suspect that they will go for the “cute, vulnerable little kid” character again, though if this is Boo it will mean that the sequel will pick up immediately after the original ends. They could have a different little kid character, and perhaps she will be in the sequel, but won’t have as big a role, or maybe she won’t be in it at all. All of those things are possible.

pitbulllady

Well so far it’s not fact that Boo is in the sequel or her age…
If she is going to be in it though, it’s a bad move to make her the same age. It’s been at least a year since the end of the first film, so she IS a year older AT LEAST…she can’t be a Maggie.
But as a teen…well it’s been discussed that Boo’s real name is in fact Mary so she might be called that though her nickname (she’d probably self-make since she’s called it by Sullivan) would be “Boo”. But if she is a teen in the sequel, it would be interesting to see how Sullivan’s supposed continual visits would influence her. It can’t all be positive however…

I have no idea, but I can’t wait to find out!

And then we have to consider that she might not be in it! Like there’s that baby in Ice Age and was an important character in the second movie. He wasn’t in the second or third movie. Maybe the same will be true for Monsters, Inc 2.

We wont’ find out for a couple of years probably!

Personally, I hope she’s still a little kid, because I just love her so much, and I can’t relate to a stereotypical teen. I may be a “stupid” kid, but I just can’t.

Just want to see the reunion of the Kitten - Boo :slight_smile:

I really don’t know what I’d prefer, nor what’s more likely. Boo staying a similar sort of age as she is in the first one would, in my opinion, be too repetitive, but I don’t particularly want to see her as a teenager either- it’d be like watching a completely different character. And no Boo at all would mean the sequel would lack one of the original’s most special relationships, so unless that was replaced with another child or by somebody else, it would leave a big gaping hole in the heart of the film.

I really don’t know what Pixar are thinking and what they’re likely to do, but I am very, very curious as to what path they eventually choose to go down.

Well…it’s hard to say, I mean, it would be an interesting concept to make Boo/Mary a teenager…but what would she be into? I personally liked Violet Parr but didn’t like when she went from emo to prep near the end XP I was sadddened that Pixar would take the route that “emo, goth, loners are nothing more but the disease of our society”…oh please, :unamused: It made me wonder if Violet was nothing more but a poser and then wasn’t as real as she seemed to me in the beginning, by the end of the film, she became just another HSM rip off sadly…but so far what others have said makes a good point, we don’t know if she’ll be in a sequel and until we hear otherwise, it’s all just speculation…

Sorry to go off-topic, but how was Violet Parr an “emo”? I personally only saw her as shy and lacking in confidence (partly as a result of not being “normal”), something which she’d clearly overcome by the end of the movie.

Hmm, she didn’t seem emo as such, aside from the long, dark hair she just seemed to be lacking in confidence, as you said mogwai.

But if there’s one thing I don’t think Boo would be as a teenager, it’s emo. She’s just so sweet and fearless in the original that to transform her into a character like that would make it seem as though she’s not the same person at all.

I’ve always liked the notion that Boo, however old she is, is trying to prove that Monstorpolis exists.

I disagree entirely about Violet; I think the transformation was very nice, and I liked her better when she was happy. But on topic, I still want Boo to stay little and cute.

Two situations would have to happen for Boo(assuming she will even be in the sequel at all)to remain little and cute: one, the sequel will have to be set fairly soon after the events of the original movie, or two-and I sincerely hope that Pixar doesn’t go with THIS-there will be what we call a “Simpsons Kid Scenario”, where no matter how much time is supposed to have transpired, child characters do not age, grow or change. That would pretty much mean that Boo will always and forever be a two-year-old, never, ever growing up. Regardless of the setting or types of characters in Pixar’s movies, they always seem to have enough realism about them to make us relate to the characters and their situations, which is what makes Pixar movies so popular, NOT the animation itself, and I honestly feel that having a “Simpson Kid Scenario” would really hurt that. I’d honestly rather see Boo as an obnoxious, trendy teen than a perpetual toddler. The only way, like I said, to realistically have her still a little cute kid would be to have the sequel pick up immediately where the original left off, with Sulley entering her room one year later after Mike rebuilds the door, and hearing her say, “KITTY!” That would be a departure, though, since in virtually every Pixar movie in which the time setting was made known, including the original Monsters, Inc., the movie itself was set in the year it was released, evidenced by some date shown somewhere in the movie, like the dates shown on the newspapers in the movie, indicating that it was set in 2001. For the sequel to be set in 2002, it would basically mean that ITS setting would have to be “back-dated” by 10 years! That’s why I’m tending to think that while Boo might be mentioned or briefly make an appearance, she will not be the main human child character, and THAT role will be given to another cute little kid, a new character.

pitbulllady

Sorry to get off topic, but it must be done…first off, dressing in dark colors or doing the whole grunge look DOES NOT qualify as a bad thing…and that’s what I don’t like, Disney and apparantly Pixar are giving the impression that if you dress in dark colors and such then that makes you a bad person, I know that they fear the dark side which I am proud to say that I am a part of and I know that they seem to have strong dislike for people like that, why do you think that TNBC for the longest time was ignored? Because it had within itself dark goth elements of which is clear that Disney fears will be portrayed as a bad example to children! In fact, the only reason why Disney praises the film now is because it makes them MONEY! It’s like they say, money makes the world go round and is the root of all the kills. I would have liked it better if they would have shown Violet happier WITHOUT changing her look because whether we want to believe it or not, clothes help express who we are in terms of personality and I just felt it was a bad move for Pixar to make. You can be happy and wear black, it is possible, I should know because I do wear black clothing, I do wear chains and studs, I do wear the interesting and beautful fashions of Tripp, Mighty Fine, and such just to name a few…and I am not a depressed crazed girl who cuts her wrists and all that silly stereotypical trash! I wear these things because that is my style, part of who I am, it’s what I like and since Pixar clearly showed that Violet only dressed the way she did due to it being a phase is what I don’t like! I’m sorry but they could have done better…

Well, the post-transformation Anton Ego is still wearing dark colours at the end of Ratatouille. So that should make you happy.

it would make sense if she was still a kid but if she isn’t that would be strange

It would only make sense IF the sequel takes place just a couple of years after the original movie, like being set in 2003 or 2004, and we are made aware of that fact. Otherwise, if Boo is still a little kid AND the whole 10 years are supposed to have passed since the events of the original, that would make no sense at all. THAT would be the “Simpson Kid” syndrome that I’d hope Pixar was above doing, where we know that time is passing, but the characters(especially child characters)never age or grow or change.

pitbulllady

I agree with you, pitbulllady. The only idea that might put a spanner in the works is the possibility that time passing in the Monster World does not relate exactly to time passing in the Human World, and so Boo is able to ‘stay young’ that way as Mike and Sulley grow older. But there’s little if no evidence of this in the original so it’s perhaps not the most feasible idea.