Why is 'The Art of Monsters Inc.' Expensive?

There maybe an easy to understand answer to this question, but I looked on amazon.co.uk to look at all of the ‘Art of…’ books for PIXAR films and found that the Montsters Inc. one was about £170, whereas the other are about £20?

:question: :question: :question:

I think this question has been asked before at some point, and it seems to be the case that it’s not a very common Art of… book, and so is therefore very expensive. I got mine for about £30 at the time, but that was quite a while ago and I think it was more in circulation back then, whilst now there aren’t many left.

I am truly jealous of that fact my friend

Well, assuming that you too are in the UK and hence your use of the pound sign, you should be able to order from WHSmith’s website, though it seems that if you do so there might be a bit of a wait. But as they’re still selling the book for £30, it might be worth the wait! Here’s the link- Art of Monsters, Inc.

ARGH! I want this so bad, but I can’t find it anywhere for a reasonable price anymore :angry: . The WHSmith link doesn’t work anymore either, unfortunately.

Does anybody know about a place where they still have 'em? The ‘best’ I’ve found so far was 110 euro’s for a used copy :frowning: .

WOW! I just ordered it for 130 euro’s of ebay! It’s a crazy amount, but I think it is worth it. I really wanted this book badly. My most expensive Pixar product ever :wink: .

Ah, well, it’ll definitely be worth it, christvs! Think of it as an early Christmas present to yourself. :smiley:

That’s what my mom said lizardgirl :laughing: . I’m really excited for it to arrive. By the way, it is a brand new copy! In mint condition :smiley: .

I absolutely love the film! I dunno, but it has always been a special film for me, don’t know why actually.

Man, this is going to make collecting all the art of books a bit harder. xD;

Yeah Netbug I know what you mean! I can get all of of the other art books, no problem. But this is the one that’s most expensive! I just thought, what the heck! and bought it :laughing: . Definitely not feeling regret so far, I can’t wait for it to arrive.

Jeeeej, it just arrived!

The seller didn’t lie, it is absolutely in near mint condition. He packed it up really good as well, I have never seen so much packaging in all my life :slight_smile: .

I took a quick look trough the book, and it looks amazing! Lots and lots of great concept art to find in this book. The thing that really strikes me, is the amount of acryls and pastels in this book. The more recent books have a lot more digitally (photoshop and such) made art in them. I guess that must be because of the lack of (good) tablets back when they did the art!

Still not feeling any regret at all! It is a great collectors item to own.