NEW at WDW - The Laugh Floor Comedy Club

I just discovered a new attraction opening at the Magic Kingdom this spring…a Pixar

attraction!

:smiley:

[url=http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attractionDetail?id=MonstersIncLaugh

FloorComedyAttractionPage]Monsters, Inc. The Laugh Floor Comedy Club[/url]

Help Mike Wazowski, your

“Monster of Ceremonies,” and his wild and crazy pals power the city of Monstropolis ? with laughter!

Mike and his buddies have transformed the Laugh Floor at Monsters, Inc. into a comedy club for visiting humans.

You won’t have the exact same experience twice as Mike invites his furry and funny friends to the digital stage

to trade jokes with audience members like you. And don’t miss the wise-cracking Roz, who isn’t sure Mike is up

to the task!

Pixar is takin’ over, baby!

:sunglasses:

~~=oP

Wow, that actually sounds

pretty cool! I’m sure Roz will add a much needed sense of dry humour to the show, and this does indeed show how

much Pixar is taking over the Magic Kingdom! :smiley:

Heheh – yep, it’s coming to a theme park near you!

:smiley:

I knew about this ages ago, actually (via the Jim Hill Media website).

Turns out that Disney had quite a bit of trouble making this particular attraction up to par; hopefully, they’ve

worked all the kinks out of it now.

So yeah – Pixar really is taking over, like you said. We’ve got the

Monsters Inc. ride at Disney’s California Adventure Park (CAP), A Bug’s Land at

CAP, the Finding Nemo-themed attraction coming to Disneyland in the spring/summer,

and now this. I’ll just be happy when they get a Ratatouille-based ride. :stuck_out_tongue:

That is indeed

wonderful news. I love it how Pixar just continues to expand. One day, I will have to see that. I can only

imagine how much fun it will be.

Yeah I read about that when I bought the official 2007

WDW guidebook (just in case we end up going there) I’m still kinda iffy about it. I guess I’d have to see it to

know for sure. It is listed in the front as one of those things you must see at the Magic Kingdom. I believe

it’s where the Timekeeper used to be in Tomorrowland.

I’ve been hearing a lot of negative reviews though.

Primarily that it is incredibly unfunny, even to young children. The trouble is that one is really limited to

what jokes they can tell considering you’d have to stay at a family friendly level.

Oh my. That can’t be good. If this keeps up, that

show might not last for a long time.

Personally, I

wouldn’t mind if they killed two birds with one stone and got rid of Stitch’s Great Escape and replace the

Laugh Floor with the Stitch Encounter show from Hong Kong. SGE could open up space for something new and actually

interesting and Stitch Encounter, from what I’ve heard, is a more effective use of the character and still uses

the whole Turtle Talk technology.

Heh,

saw that comin.
:sunglasses:

If they did decide to keep this going, I would suggest scheduling different shows

for different age groups. Like a age 5-12 show, a 13-18 show, and an 18 n older show( that one only scheduled

late though :wink: ) That’s jus a thought for thinkin though. :mrgreen:

That sounds like a

good idea, but I don’t think they will do a Monsters Inc. Show for 18+ that would really ruin their image sorta

speak.

Yea, the Disney limits. :wink: :unamused:

But I think working around it would be worth

the risk. I mean there’s always a way to get to the adults without going over the edge. I mean, 90% of the

charaters are adults, and the idea of such an appealing show could be only shown late. A special if you wanna put

it like that. Look at the Incredibles, Brad definetly snuck in some “appeal” there without going to

far. But aeh, just an idea. I see where ya comin from though. :-D) :mrgreen:

It’s all about being clever in what your presenting

really.
Most of the time you can be clever in visual perception.

For instance. The scene in Madagasscar

when Alex makes a HELP sign out of palm tree trucks. Now if you’ve seen the film, the HELP sign loses it’s

placing and turns into HEL…L.
Now the clever bit is this.

To Adults/Teens: Funny in that the

lettering produces a word you don’t usually hear in an animated family film.

To MOST kids: Funny in that

something just fell down.

Most animators are clever in that they can entertain on-screen several group

audiences. Of course not just animation, but other family films as well.
In terms of a live show, it’s harder

than it seems.

Now to me, Wazowski’s humor derives from insult comicing mostly. And Roz…well she’s

vaugely got no sense of humor at all. I mean really…she’s a C.D.A. agent…

Now who, dare I ask, is in

this show besides those two? Surely Sullivan, and surely not Randall, that I know.

The other three

characters are all new, original monsters. The two I’ve seen include a blue, two headed monster and another that

resembles a tiny orange Mike. The latter makes it look that Pixar was a bit lazy in the character design.

Ah…must be some of Wazowski’s “friends” if the show’s not doing so well

heh…

Introducing new characters is a pretty risky path to go down, since neither the kids nor the adults will

recognise them and may therefore find their humour a bit vague. Also, it means that they can’t make any jokes

out of what actually happened in the film, since they weren’t there.

Yeah i thought it wasnt gonna be that great. I just didnt want to admit it. It didnt

seem like a very strong premise for an attraction. And you guys are right about the limits Disney would have in

the jokes that could be told. Maybe they’ll see that and rework it or something.

i went to the show and it was soo funny :laughing: 8D :laugh:
we went to that show 4 times when we went to disney world
and i found out that every show is diffrent and i love the new characters there so funny :laughing: 8D :laugh:

I went to Orlando with my friends and they decided to go in while I went on to the other stuff. Some of them thought it was stupid, others thought it was okay.

What kind of jokes were they? Can someone transcribe? I’m rather curious.

Last month when I was at Disney World, I went to the Laugh Floor and thought it was hilarious! It looked like the stupidest thing, but I was completely wrong. It’s got it’s dumb moments of course, but you’ll be laughing all the way through. It’s pretty much public humiliation for some, so if you are sensitive, i wouldn’t recommend it. The real time comedy synched with the animation looks great and I still can’t believe its hilarious. I went twice and loved it both times, which were different. For those who have seen it: [spoil]I’d NEVER want to be “that guy”!![/spoil]
Tips for new visitors:

1. Save it for the end of the day, there’s no line, and it has showings very late at night right before the park closes.
  2. Be prepared with a joke, you can text one in with your name and hometown and they may chose it for the show.
  3. Come in with horrible expectations, it works best that way! :wink: