Monsters U Merchandise Discussion

I apologize if there’s already a topic on this, but I don’t think there is as far as I know…
So, if you’ve looked at DisneyStore lately, they’re already giving us a taste of the new MU stuff. And it. is. awesome. :sunglasses: That, plus their Zazzle store products equals a whole lot of epic! For me, I’m most excited about the Art of Monsters University book, the too-cool shirts, and the plush. DisneyStore has seriously blown my mind. Just look at this plush Art!

One of the most accurate Disney/Pixar stuffedies I’ve ever seen. Period. I wantz it X3
All the stuff I’ve seen so far is amazing. So what do you guys think you’ll add to your collections? Have a fave toy? Want to update us further as new stuff comes out? This is where we talk about it!

got a video of the new coming toys

youtube.com/watch?v=XTokb3AI4qU

and a video john’s introducing the toys

youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … Uyao6gKRQ#!

disneystore.com/monsters-uni … n/1020501/

Omg the Randall plush is hilarious :laughing: and adorable! They’re all quite nice.

I the blue shirt. It’s awesome! :smiley:

Here’s a long list from Japan, about forty-five pages and one-thousand seven hundred and thirty-three items, for MU goods. The list will get much longer because MU will start showing here in Japan on Saturday, July 6th. Go nuts.

[url]http://search.rakuten.co.jp/search/mall/モンスターズ・ユニバーシティ/-/[/url]

Man, Japan does get all the cool stuff, don’t they?

From the looks of this merch display for some MU promotional event, looks like plush for the Dean, Claire and Brock are coming down the line.

melanieleandro.tumblr.com/post/53637159809

I’m heading to my local Disney store this week, on a hunt for MU merch.

Also my sister is going to Disneyland, and she’s going to buy me MU stuff.

:smiley:

(I especially need the Terri/Terry and Randy plushies)

I hope they release stickers and notepads and stuff with those stylish 2D designs on them, like with WALL-E and Up (although those might have just been in Japan). I love the 2D Pixar art!

^Oh me too, I’d be all over that.

Check out my list of off the wall stuff from Japan.
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/johnmochajohnmocha[/url]
stellatuhan.com/asp/Category … skhsk&typ=
109cinemas.net/events/monsters-university/
korona.co.jp/cinema/info.asp?Seq=858
pca.jp/area_top/20130617.html
31ice.co.jp/contents/product … index.html
zoff.co.jp/sp/monsters-university/
golf.dunlop.co.jp/newsrelease/2013/nws_w69.html
zozo.jp/_search/search_result.ht … &p_ptype=0
blog.hankyu-dept.co.jp/hakata/ac … 10387.html
bellemaison.jp/disney/102/pr … 3A/166471/
blog.livedoor.jp/darapic/archives/67905423.html
shop.adidas.jp/pc/item/detail.cg … mDir1=13FW
item.rakuten.co.jp/p-mart/d7511002529612p
pokibusy.exblog.jp/iv/detail/ind … 461088.jpg
hamaribros.exblog.jp/iv/detail/i … 124429.jpg
pg-a.co.jp/product-all/dnymu/
bitsandpieces.seesaa.net/article/365747491.html
bandai.co.jp/catalog/item/45 … 84000.html
mile-stone.jp/p/000175287/
segaluckykuji.com/goods/goods15.html
artdeli.net/?mode=grp&gid=633287
shinseido.co.jp/ItemDetail?cmId=728243
luvgoofygoof.jugem.jp/?eid=77
item.rakuten.co.jp/bunbougu-shibuya/s2055147/

This last one is what I collect, and can afford, and still have space in my tiny world in Japan.
gashapon.jp/mu/

BTW, the blog site with the Little Mikey plush was very hard to get here in Japan. Anyone who was lucky enough to have one has a story to tell. My friends story starts like this. Little Mikey Plush from the Disney Store in Sendai, Japan sold out in minutes. There were only forty-four Little Mikey Plushies in the store to begin with last Saturday. The lines outside the store swelled over one-hundred MU fanatics before the 10:00 am opening. There weren’t even any Disney characters dressed up outside. It was madness inside within minutes you walked in. Little Mikey Plushies were spread out in bunches. My friend had her Little Mikey stolen from her shopping basket while she was shopping, but when she realized her Little Mikey was gone she got the last one off the shelf.

The retail price is about $20 bucks, but at the auction sites here in Japan they are reselling Little Mikey close to $100 bucks. The Disney staff say Little Mikey plushies is for sale for a limited amount and that’s it.

Ooooh, thank you as always for the highly informative post Rey! :smiley: That’s crazy about the Little Mikeys. I’m really envious of anyone who’s got one now. 8D

The gashapons are really cute too! This is high quality merch. I wish we could have more of it overseas.

Leirin, I’ve lived in Japan long enough that in about three years later you can buy Little Mikey for around $10 at an internet auction site or at a used shop in Japan. You got to wait though. Yeah, but the prices are outrageous now.

Little Mikey really feels good. If you work in retail there’s a fabric called microfiber on some higher-end outerwear jackets. It beads water like on a ducks back. It feels great even during humid days which we are experiencing now most throughout Japan. So, when the Japanese shoppers were hoarding plushies in the Disney Store in Japan last Saturday, most only bought one of each. Why? Because they want the right looking plushie with the right set of eyes, the right feel, and weight. Go figure. I can’t tell the difference, but a kid can tell which plushie is hers from a mound of say Little Mikeys.

Yeah, so, I’ve had a blast with MU merchandise.

My sister got me a Disney Parks cup with Mike and Sulley on it, as well as a Monsters University car decal, a Terri & Terry pin, and a JOX pin

I also bought the Monsters University magazine for $1 at target. I have a Randy plushie and a Terri & Terri plushie. I have a plastic cup with Oozma Kappa on it. A sandwich holder with OK on it as well, but I use to put pin stuff in.

I also got a few packs of MU trading cards. I kept one, the rest I send as little presents in my pin trades (I ran out of Toy Story 3 and Princess and the Frog, also bought a Brave set)

I have a Randall Pez dispenser!

I saw those at Toys R Us! XD

I recently also got an MU poster and a little Sulley bobble head thing for my car. I also have a handful of MU pins.

Any idea if the merch will reach the Netherlands as well?

‘Cause even if I was about six years old, I distinctly remember the original Monsters, Inc getting a lot of merchandise released here. (And a McDonalds’ happy meal promotion. I had the toys of Mike, Boo, and Sulley, hee. :smiley: ) I should take a look if I still have my plush Randall somewhere… I lost him. D: Maybe if I did lose him I should try if I can buy a plush of him in his MU design eventually then!

A friend of mine got one and showed me a pic and weh it’s so adorable.

Kenzie, where the heck are you finding MU pins? I was at one of the stores on Disney property on Saturday and scoured the pin section for MU pins. I found nothing! :frowning: There wasn’t much merchandise there either save for one small section, but that may be because we were at a store in one of the resorts and not a larger store, like the World of Disney at Downtown Disney.

I’d love to get my hands on some pins and a couple plush toys as well. :slight_smile: In the future, possibly for Christmas, I’ll end up buying a collegiate sweater + ball cap from the MU store and also a license plate holder for my car once I have that! I also really want to get Mike and Sulley coffee mugs for my sister and I!

I’ll probably end up going to the Disney store on my birthday next month, and it’s safe to say I’m not walking out of there without a handful of MU junk, heheh. :laughing:

little chef