An alternate outcome for Lotso? SPOILERS

Do you think Lotso should’ve gotten a more severe punishment?

• Yes, Lotso should’ve suffered harder consequences! Being a hood ornament is a joke.
  • No. I think his demise fits his wrong doings.
  • Other

0 voters

I’ve heard rumors that lotso was originally going to have a more punishable demise is ts3. I heard that he was originally going to get torn apart by a junkyard dog. Do you think lotso should been more severely punished for his actions? I do. Lotso, imho should’ve gotten one of those classic disney style deaths (Y’know like Ursula, Scars, and Facilier’s demises). I want to hear your opinions.

While it didn’t quite fit his actions, it fit the movie. I mean, ending on a humorous note is better than shocking the audience into the next scene. I mean, at least they gave him SOMETHING. Then again, the last death we saw was Combat Carl.

I think is punishment was good, if not let Sid get him.

I’m afraid I just cringed uncomfortably at the mention of Lotso being torn to shreds by a dog. I’m sorry, but even for someone as evil as Lotso, that’s too much.

I think Lotso should’ve gotten a more severe punishment, but probably not death. I just can’t wish something like that on anyone in the Toy Story films. Heck, I even wanted Prospector to show up in the credits, having a better life in Sunnyside.

I think there probably could’ve been another way to get rid of Lotso, without the truck, but I can’t think of it.

Just a tweak to it - in the film, we see the garbage truck with Lotso drive by just before Woody and the others walk out of the dump. Lotso and Woody’s group didn’t see each other. I would want Lotso to see they didn’t die, just to add some more punch to his humiliation.

I’m a big softie, so the thought of seeing Lotso torn to shreds by a junk yard dog is a bit depressing. Then again, it does seem that he had no problems sending hundreds, if not thousands, of toys to their “death” at the hands of the toddlers in the Caterpillar Room.

Maybe if the “death” had happened off-screen - e.g. the dog grabbed him and took him behind a pile of garbage and all we saw was bits of stuffing flying through the air or something.

The truck bumper demise seems pretty terrible. There’s no way for him to escape since he’s tied to the bumper, so he’s going to spend the rest of his days eating buys until he falls-apart and “dies”.

Yeah, I think with Stinky Pete, they handled him perfectly. What seemed to be a punishment turned out to be better for the both of them. Now that I think about it, Toy Story 3 had already been pretty depressing with the previous scenes, so who would want to see more grim stuff? What Agent 86 said sounds about right, since all the edgy stuff has been offscreen in the past.

Come to think of it, Lotso will probably be there awhile, and it seems like his aquaintences have gotten used to their new duty (he might even make some new friends).

I don’t think kids would’ve been okay with that either. :\ Me neither. It would remind me too much of when Dennis Nedry was killed off-screen in Jurassic Park. :frowning:

Maybe if he was mauled by a dog, but survived and THEN the trucker found him. He could’ve expressed his gratitude of being saved, and went back to his happy ways… but that’s probably pushing it.

[spoil]From the way I see it, Lotso’s punishment is spending the rest of his days stuck on the front of a trash truck, while having dust, water, dirt, and bugs fly into him. I think this kinda suffering is good enough punishment for me.[/spoil]

Hey Johnny Boy, just changed the title cos’ TS3 hasn’t been released in a few territories yet and the DVD’s not out.

I would actually love to see that- and Woody and friends can then thumb their nose at him to rub it in more! :stuck_out_tongue:

Another alternative ending I’d consider is him being found by Al and sent to Japan! :stuck_out_tongue: Or maybe he somehow winds up back in Sunnyside to get a taste of his own medicine in the Caterpillar Room.

I sort of agree that Lotso should’ve died, but I’m still happy with his outcome in the movie.

I guess I’m a big softie, too, because I wouldn’t have wanted to see Lotso meet a truly grim fate. He still “got his,” but with a touch of humor. (And I think Pixar has only had their villains die when there was basically no other way to stop them.)

Now that you mention it I guess I have to agree. Even though Lotso is diabolical, he’s still just a teddy bear. :slight_smile:

I’m very content with Lotso’s fate. The light humorous touch is a relief after the intense previous scenes, and to see him die would be too much, even off-screen. I like that Pixar decided not to get rid of him entirely, though he’s obviously going to suffer with the punishment that he has been dealt with.

There’s no reason to kill Lotso. Everyone knows being punished for life hurts way more than death, and I don’t want anymore dead Pixar villains. Too sad.

I would’ve liked Lotso to have a grimmer fate than merely being tied to the truck’s bumper.

I wrote a fic with a side story where Sid takes Lotso, and one is left to interpret that Sid’s toy torturing days are not behind him -Omar

Whoa, where can i find this story?

In The Art of Toy Story 3, there’s a quote of Lee Unkrich saying that being tied to the truck is “the perfect comeuppance” and that sending him to the shredder or incinerator would be “sadistic”.

I was pretty happy with the ending.

Yeah, I can see why he would say that. It does seem depressing.

I agree with lizardgirl, the climax was enough trauma for the kids already. :shake:

In a way, Lotso got what he believed in: to be never loved again and treated like “trash, waiting to be thrown away”.

Ooh, wow, you are right! Pixar has a history of dishing out “poetic justice” to their baddies, but that went totally over my head. Good catch!