The Art of Toy Story 2

Recently I’ve been trying to collect the “The Art of” books and was wondering if “The Art of Toy Story 2” exists? I tried googling for it but nothing comes up.

Also this is kinda off topic but does anyone know where I can find “The Art of Monsters, Inc” at an inexpensive price. So far the lowest I can find is $70. Ouch.

It exists. its very rare and expensive however.

Oh ok. Thanks for answering my question. I wonder why I can’t even find a picture of it though.

Publicly speaking, there never was a “The Art of Toy Story 2”. However, you can find artwork FROM Toy Story 2 in both “The Art of Toy Story 3” and “The Art of Toy Story – 100 Collectible Postcards”.

Internally speaking, there may, in fact, be a “The Art of Toy Story 2”, as well as “The Art of A Bug’s Life” (both by Chronicle Books). The only proof of this is from a sheet regarding a VT lecture called “The Set Design of Ratatouille”.

Click here to see event information.

If you look under David Eisenmann’s “Works”, it cites both of these books under Publications.

Click here for the .PDF file

Maybe you need to be in the Brain Trust to see them? :smiley:

Ive actually seen a picture of it though, it may even be in the replica thread somewhere.

Wait… The Art of a Bug’s Life is rare too? I just ordered one off of amazon. I hope I wasn’t scammed. O_O

No, that’s “A Bug’s Life: The Art and Making of an Epic of Miniature Proportions”, which was published by Disney Editions. The .PDF specifically mentions “The Art of A Bug’s Life” published by Chronicle Books.

Or maybe that sheet was completely wrong and art books for TS2 and A Bug’s Life don’t exist. Only Pixar knows.

also since were on the subject of books…did they released a Essential Guide for all three films yet?

Ohhhh ok Thanks for clearing that up.

Yes. I’ve seen scans from the Toy Story 3 one spoil[/spoil], and I own the first two (they’re combined into one book).