TS3 General Observations and Questions

Mods, lock this and point me in another direction if this shouldn’t be a new topic, but I’m looking for a place to talk about a variety of things without starting a new thread for each topic.

Question one:
Of the toys in [spoil]Bonnie’s Room[/spoil], how many of them were there originally, and how many [spoil]came from Sunnyside?[/spoil] We know how [spoil]Chuckles got there, but Pricklepants and Buttercup also talk about Lotso as if they have first-hand knowledge of him. Or have they just heard the horror stories of him from Chuckles?[/spoil]

My big question (MASSIVE SPOILERS BELOW!!!):
What happens when Andy gets to college, and calls his Mom, and tells her [spoil]he took the toys to Bonnie, as she suggested - and Mom says “What are you talking about?” And Andy mentions the post-it note on the box. And Mom says, I didn’t put a post-it note on the box. And Andy remembers that weird feeling he got when Bonnie saw Woody and said, “My cowboy!” and knew about “There’s a snake in my boot!” although the odds against her ever having come across another Woody doll are astronomical… [/spoil]What is Andy going to think?

Those are my questions. :smiley:

Hmm, good questions. While I do not have an answer to them, I have another question:

[spoil]Since Bookworm found the instruction manual for Buzz, does that mean there was another Buzz at the daycare at one point (complete with instructions)? Or does the daycare just have a collection of random toys’ manuals? [/spoil]

[spoil]Bonnie’s toys, as I’m lead to believe, always belonged to Bonnie. Like you said, they’re knowledge came from Chuckles. They probably feel so strongly about it because of how Chuckles described it.

And no other human characters really knew of Woody’s collectable value. But I’m not really sure how else Bonnie would have come across Woody without giving his aliveness away. Still something tells me that Pixar intended for that.[/spoil]

I don’t think Andy [spoil]giving his toys to Bonnie would be much of a concern[/spoil], he probably wouldn’t even mention it the next time he talks to his mom.

I’m more concerned about Toy Story 2’s big question, Jessie and Bullseye are in Andy’s room when he gets back from Cowboy Camp. Andy thanks his mom for his new toys but shouldn’t she want to know where they came from as she didn’t buy them for him.

[spoiler]Andy somehow knew about the aliens. He knew they were from Pizza Planet, even though they seemed to appear in his room. Then again, he probably noticed them in the Crane Game, but didn’t win any.

And did is it just me, or did the way he talk about Pizza Planet seem like it was long gone? The truck only appeared in a flashback, after all.[/spoiler]

I don’t think its implied either way about Pizza Planet. hard to say if its still around or not. Not that I would have a hard time buying that it went bankrupt years ago. it could have been a failed attempt to copy Chucky Cheese. Even those aren’t doing so great anymore are they?

One funny thing about the aliens, its been roughly 11 years, and they Still chant “you’ve saved our lives! we are eternally grateful!” can you imagine being in that toy box with them saying that for 11 years? haha

It’d be enough to contemplate suicide. or murder. anything to put an end to that.

Why would Andy [spoil]get rid of an RC car[/spoil] but keep three cheap Pizza Planet toys? That felt a little weird to me, haha.

Probably a simple issue of space. I know I got rid of a lot of my larger toys growing up and kept the little McDonalds toys because they were practically invisible. [spoil] RC is pretty big[/spoil].

Also, Andy shows Bonnie Jessie…He even calls her Jessie. How did he know her name? When he gets her in Toy Story 2, he calls her Bazooka Jane! There really is no way for Andy to have found out about her name, unless he went online and looked up Woody’s Roundup.

-Chris

Indyfan4ever: I always assumed one of her pullstring phrases mentioned her name. As for Bullseye, I don’t really know unless it was in one of Jessie’s phrases.

He uses a computer, any of those questions could be answered with that.

Maybe I missed something big, but the big question from me is this:

[spoil]Mrs. Potato head sees that Andy is upset about his mom throwing out the toys, and Andy’s mom ackknowledges her mistake. When the toys get back, he seems to be getting ready, not like he’s still looking for them or anything, having only that college box and an attic box. Obviously, he wouldn’t expect them to be in the attic box, and he does look a little surprised to see them all, but doesn’t he wonder where they came from? And then he even asks his mom…“Should I still donate these?” First off, they’re acting like nothing even happened, secondly, wouldn’t she also wonder how they got back? And, what does that sticky note say?!"[/spoil]

[spoil]The sticky note Woody wrote to Andy was the directions to Bonnie’s house, and Andy thought his mom was telling him to take the toys there. It was because Woody was there himself that he felt his friends deserved better than to be left in the attic.[/spoil]

I have a big question that I have always been wondering. It has to do with Toy Story 2, though…

How did Hamm, Mr. Potato Head, Slinky, and Rex end up getting home from the airport? because we only see Woody, Buzz, Jessie and Bullseye riding to Andy’s house. Possibly, the other 4 toys could have walked home but not have been shown walking home, but I’ve always wondered this…

I don’t get how any of them got home to be honest, not even Woody and such. how did they get a ride home? surely they didn’t walk all the way. and we see that luggage carrier thing, but why was it even there, and how did the toys know to get on it? I never got that despite Lee saying in the commentary that “people thought it would go unexplained, but no we explain how they got back” (paraphrasing)

Seeing as how they drove the pizza planet truck, I figured they just drove it as well. As for people seeing them drive it, my only excuse is that it was late.

I understand that, but [spoil]even if he thought his mom wrote it, they thought they had gone in the trash, so wouldn’t he at least show a little more thought on how they’re still there? And then he asks his mom, “Should I still donate these?” and his mom replies “It’s up to you honey” or something like that. Unless she thinks he’s talking about sometihng else, how could she be acknowledging that he got his toys back after she herself threw them away, and had no part in getting them back?[/spoil]

Im wondering that myself.

Well, with the Pizza Planet truck still doing its job in Toy Story 2, it’s heavily implied that it’s still open back then. [spoil]The reason I think Pizza Planet might be closed is because Andy talks about it like a distant memory. That, or he’s just trying to give them more a story for Bonnie.

And about the aliens being saved over RC, it’s all sentimental value. Woody says how only Andy’s favorite toys have survived through the years.[/spoil]

And I don’t see how the ending of Toy Story 2 is confusing. I mean, they didn’t spell it out for the audience, but that’s because we already saw the same thing earlier with the Pizza Planet truck.

You know, I had not thought of that myself. Could that be another possible plothole in the Toy Story films?