Manny and Gypsy

Hi. I’m gypsyofmagic and I’m new here. I wanted to get evryone’s opinions on my favorite ABL characters, Manny and Gypsy. This is the place to talk about them.

I think Manny is hilarious, a proper old man 8D.
Just before PT Flea’s FLAMING DEATH! scene, where he’s performing and that fly throws food at him, I laugh everytime the way he says “how dare you!”.
It’s a shame we don’t get to see Manny and Gypsy that much in the film. I’d love some shorts, but it’s a shame that both actors have sinced passed away :frowning:

The actors passed away? I didn’t know that. :frowning:

I love Manny and Gypsy! They’re both great characters. Manny is especially funny. For some reason, the first thing I always remember about him is the way he pronounces the word “Asia” when he says the line, “From the furthest regions of uncharted Asia!” :slight_smile:

From the furthest regions of uncharted AYYYGHEEYAHH!!! 8D
And sadly, Jonathan Harris in 2002, and Madeline Khan in 1999 :frowning:

I wish we had info on their backstory. I have an idea for one but I haven’t had the time to write it down.

Manny was a smart bug to fall in love with a moth.
I love Manny, his voice cracks me up when he gets spooked/angry.

Fanfiction! :mrgreen:

If I did one would you like it if I posted in the Fanfiction section?

Yeah that’d be cool :slight_smile:. Although I’ve never a Pixar fanfic myself before. Now you mention it, sounds like a lot of fun :slight_smile:

I’ll think it through. Although right now I’m working on a Rosie/Slim story. I posted the first chapter under Fanfiction if you’re interested.

They’re both awesome! Manny is my favorite member of the Circus bugs, and I think he makes a good match with Gypsy.

If only old people were as funny as Manny! i know some grandparents of mine that are pretty funny in their own way! and I do like Gypsy, maybe it is just the natural love i have for the intricate look of a moth’s wings.

I know what you mean about Gypsy. Too bad most of the moths around where I live are brown with no patterns.