Character Discussion: Flik! <3

Forgive me if theres a similar post, but, there isn’t one for the film’s awesome protaganist! :smiley:.
I love Flik coz he’s so enthusiastic and sweet. He was like my hero when I was about 6 :mrgreen:
Not to mention that Dave Foley is awesome.
Discuss!

Flik definitely marches to the beat of his own drum. You have to wonder how and when he decided to start making inventions and thinking up new ideas, and how long it’s been going on. Obviously for some years, since everyone just rolls their eyes in exhasperation at another invention.

He probably started before he could even talk 8D . I mean, no common sense, but he’s smart and inventive, and I think more people should be like that.
Does anyone think Flik’s inventions being ignored and all that is quite similar to John Lasseter when he was working with Disney though? Like, he had all these great ideas and got really excited over the potential of CGI, but the company just told him to put up and shut up with the idea because of the fear of change; I think it’s a little bit like Flik in ABL. And of course, Lasseter ended up getting fired anyway, but went on to co-found Pixar of course and the whole things gone full circle, and that’s a bit like Flik thoughout the course of the film, as it ends with the colony using his inventions, like Disney ended up using CGI. And of course, Lasster directed the film, and the thought occured to me earlier. But maybe I’m over speculating :slight_smile:

Courageous, Valorous, Ingenious and Naive … that is FLIK

You summed it up there! 8D

Flik is my favorite ABLK character, and one of my favorite film protagonists. I’m not as creative as he is, but I’m pretty weird. He’s really awesome, and Dave Foley is WINNING! :smiling_imp:

I love quirky protagonists, and Flik’s awkwardness and identifiable position in the movie make him a really good character. And his inventiveness had a real impact on me as a small child, maybe even to this day. :slight_smile:

^ I agree completely!

I like Flik! Especially his voice, and how unintentionally funny he is.

I loved Flik because he was so awesome!!! It’s interesting to see how one small person (um, ant) can make such big things happen. Let this be a lesson to all of us!!

Flik is my favourite character from A Bugs Life. I love that he comes up with so many great inventions and that he is really creative. I also love that he stood up against Hopper.

Same here, it was brave beyond words.

Even when he beat him up :imp:
He is awesome :slight_smile:

Yes. I fully agree with you.

I’m quite excited that Dave Foley will be in MU. I wonder how big or small his role is…

Yes. I thought he was great as Flik, so it will be great to see him back on another Pixar film. I too wonder what his role will be in MU.

Ooh, that makes me so excited!

Same, I’m glad to hear that he’s returning to Pixar.

Filk is super cool. I can relate to him in a way.

In what ways?