A Bug's Life on TV

Well, it seems Australia’s Channel 7 seems to be on a Pixar marathon lately having screened Finding Nemo a few weeks back, and The Incredibles and Cars on consecutive weekends! And they look to continue this streak with Pixar’s sophomore classic, A Bug’s Life, on next Saturday at 6:30 pm.

I don’t have high hopes they’ll be showing any more Up spots at this point (with it being more than a month at theatres by then), but you never know… plus, if you don’t have the DVD (or in my case, VCD) with you at the moment, it’s another chance to relive a childhood favourite on the telly.

Gosh, it’s been years since I’ve seen ABL. :frowning:

Anyway Kangaroo Jacks and Jills, don’t miss the “world’s greatest bug circus” next Saturday, 6:30 pm on 7. Now if only we could perform the “Flaming Death” trick on Martin Grellis and Rachel Friend, we’d have a lot less ad breaks… 8D

I watched parts of it, but I’ve become quite a hater for ads and I’m now quite the channel surfer. :stuck_out_tongue: Can’t wait to watch TS next week! Did anyone catch it in HD? I’m too lazy to plug in my HD FTA STB, and I don’t have Foxtel iQ2 (it’s freggin’ expensive, but that’s another topic). Dah!

Haha, nice to know fellow Planeteers tuned in! I already watched Home Alone 2 last year around this same time, so I stuck with 7 all the way through and on to Deja Vu (which I’ve watched in theatres before, but I didn’t mind a repeat viewing. Very good sci-fi/police procedural/love story movie). It looks incredible in HD, and it was a joy to relive childhood memories of this film, watching it for the first time in years!

And like you guys mentioned, Aussies are gunna have their very own Toy Story marathon this weekend! Although, it’s not in 3-D. And on the small-screen. And regularly interrupted by annoying ad breaks.

:neutral_face:

Still looking forward to it, though! :smiley: I was telling my brother I’m really hoping this is leading up to the Free-to-Air premiere of Ratatouille or something…

Wow, you Australians get all the luck! Pixar movies almost every week! I need to move over there!

Aw, Ratz-enberger. :frowning:

Well, Terabithia is a pretty good film, too. I remember though, my friends and I going to see it in theatres thinking it would be a fantasy epic from the trailers and came out severely disappointed. But as a drama educating kids on the facts of life, it’s pretty touching and good.

Too bad I don’t live in Australia.

Amazingly i’ve never seen it on TV, and i watch alot of TV :confused:

It was on (UK) Channel 5 in November, I seem to recall. And it had numerous showings on Disney Cinema. :neutral_face: .

I thought it was really cool that they finally played it on ABC a few weeks ago. :slight_smile: I have the DVD, but it’s nice to see the "black sheep"get some tube time.