Anyone here hated this movie

This movie sucks, I fell asleep once. I wish they had Toy Story come to Blu Ray then THIS. Toy Story deserves it. If they make a sequel, I won’t see it, I’ll spent the day playing my guitar or playing Guitar Hero, lol. Well at least Pixar made the right decision to make a Toy Story 3 and a Cars 2, the movies that DESERVE to be have a sequel. :smiley:

I respect your opinion annaborjack, but i disagree with you. This movie does not suck. It tells a wonderful story and is wonderfully animated. The characters are true and lively. This was my favorite Pixar movie for a while before The Incredibles came out. And Pixar did not disappoint following it up after Toy Story.

i know, i know, I just wish they did Toy Story for Blu Ray instead And I still would not see a squel

I would. If Pixar could continue their trend of lovable and enjoyable stories to tell, I would be more than happy to see a continuation of ABL.

That doesn’t mean there should be a sequel. I think the movie ended perfectly the way it did.

i agree (I’ve read some of your Fanfiction)

annarborjack- Saying A Bug’s Life sucked is kind of harsh. It’s a funny, well made film with lovable, relateable characters, even if they’re bugs, not Pixar’s best, but still thoroughly enjoyable and emotional at the right times. Not only that but the script, voice actors and animation is top notch, even for today, critics and general audiences loved it, and don’t forget it’s great performance at the box office so no, A Bug’s Life did not “suck”. Although A Bug’s Life has it’s flaws, it deserves respect as a filmmaking landmark and generally fun film. Remember, you’re on Pixar Planet, so being this harsh, even if you really feel this way, is rude to us fans who are in love with everything Pixar!
Anyhow, welcome to Pixar Planet, annarborjack!

Thanks! I don’t think it sucks, its just bad. I haven’t seen it in 5 years, I’ll watch it later and see if its REALLY good.

I have a soft spot for A Bug’s Life. I just liked the general idea and some of the dialogue actually makes me laugh out loud. Also, Hopper is awesome. But yep, everyone’s allowed to have their own opinion. Watching it again to see what you think of it now is a good idea- there are some jokes that I never appreciated when I was younger, but when I watched the film again it suddenly had this added depth.

well the day is almost over and I’m busy tommmaro . I’ll have to wait till Wensday (how do you add pics to your signaututre?)

You’ve taken the words out of my mouth right there. I’ve had the privilege of experiencing that with both A Bugs Life & the Toy Story series (with the latter being my absolute favourite when I was a kid), and maybe it’s just because of the nostalgia experienced, but I just feel like a kid again when I go through these and I’m just bedazzled with Pixar that they are so creative enough to do that.

So, hence why I like ABL.

Yeah I do that sometimes heh

Script perfectly laid out by Stanton… with some of the best one liners within the entire collection of Pixar Scripts…

Cast list gives characters perfect depth…

And at any point Disney could have pulled the plug on the movie… and it did not…

The classic Aesop Fable torqued and twisted like Disney did to each of its Classics…

However much you Want Toy Story on Blu… Its not going to be released on it Much before Toy Story 3 hits the Cinema Screen… if not… until Toy Story 3 hits the Shop Shelves… and as a result there is no need to blast and berate what essentially was the Hardest Pixar Movie to Make…

true… :confused:

i believe that this movie is as great as any pixar movie. whats there not to like

I never got the chance to watch this movie before I bought it on Blu ray and I must say that it is truely a classic that really pushed the boundaries of what was possible in computer graphics at the time. Also story and script is amazing with spot-on voice work. It must also be mentioned that Heimlich must be in the top five most memorable Pixar character (at least everyone I talk to knows who said “I’m a little bumblebee”)

Is it wrong to find it a bit amusing that the person who started this topic claims to love A Bug’s Life in their biography? :stuck_out_tongue:

I must admit, while i’m not a hug fan of this movie. It is by no means a bad film, I think near the end it starts to get really good when you get into the real peril and drama of the movie. The last 15 minutes are superb, in my opinion.

I thought this movie was great when I was little, and I remember playing the N64 game a lot as well. After my marathon, I was thinking “Oh, wow, that wasn’t as NEAR as good as I remember it!” :frowning: The characters don’t really do much for me, and the story doesn’t really have any touching moments. Sure, there’s Flik’s lecture to Dot, but it gets a bit buried in humor, and that’s about it. It would have been much better if the characters had more development.

That makes me wonder which claim is true, the one with “I hate ABL” or the one with “I love ABL” ^^

I don’t think ABL is a bad movie, in fact, it’s my third favorite. It teaches us to stand up against bullies and together you’re stronger than alone. The characters were great and the animation was fantastic, considering it was released in 1998. For me, it’s one of the best Pixars.

Well, I was 1 when A Bug’s Life came out, I barley understand it, so, I just claimed I liked it, then last, I saw it again on TV, I thought, “Wait, I used to LIKE this movie?” So, I hate it.

I don’t really think A Bug’s Life was bad. I thought it was pretty cute and I loved it. I do agree with you about Toy Story on blu ray… I wish. D:

I think it’s suppose to be coming out on blu ray after the 2 week re-release of the first two movies. If they come out on blu ray I am so buying a blu ray player the minute I get the chance. Lol.