Do you wanna know something I don't get...

How come Atta and Dot fly? Ants can’t fly! Whether they are important ants or not, Ants don’t have wings. Your opinions?

Queen ants do fly. :wink: Sometimes, the male ants, too.

princess_daisy- Queen ants happen to have wings, sometimes other important ones do too, look it up. :smiley:
A113, you beat me!! :stuck_out_tongue:
P.S. Next time try to title your threads more descriptively. :slight_smile:

Martin: NANANANANAAA! :neutral_face: I mean…thanks. :laughing: jk

I have yet to see a real flying ant, but I knew they exist!

And welcome to Pixar Planet princess_daisy! I love the name!

A saw a queen ant flying around once on a sidewalk by a public bathroom. It was cleary lost, since there were no other ants around her. Poor thing. :frowning:

We have those all the time around here…but they are still rarely seen. Once i had one land on my hand…boy that was a story ready to grow…[imagines giant ants flying through air towards humans] [poof] oh boy…

I’ve seen an ant with wings before. It obviously wasn’t a queen, but I dunno.

I saw a peanut stand, Heard a rubber band, I saw a needle that winked its eye. But I think I will have seen everything when I see an ant fly.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuptial_flight

In Italy, thee were hundreds of them flying around everywhere. Horrible little things.

As others have previously stated, female ants (or, Queens, rather) do have wings and can engage in flight when necessary. I thought that this was common knowledge…? I guess not…

Fett101 - Puh-ha! :laughing:

– Mitch

Actually, female queen ants can fly. From what I read, obnly worker males and females don’t have wings.

Male ants with wings are also called Drones, just so you know.

Haha I used to wonder that but then I went on holiday and there were like hundreds of them flying about

There are some Ants that fly, In the summer their might be a day where you will see a lot of ants crawling on the pavement. If you go next a big flower bed or look at ground in a park, you may see some ants with wings. If you watched Antz they also have some ants which fly as well in the movie.