Location of Ant Island

I’ve always wondered about the location of Ant Island and “The City”. My best guess is southeastern Texas, but there really is no other clue other than the climate and that whatever nation they’re in speaks English (the Casey Jr. cookies). It seems to be somewhere in the United States because of the style of the nutrition facts label, although I’m not sure if that style is used by other nations or not.

Anyone have any ideas?

Oregon. Only in Oregon could rain come and go like that.

You live in Oregon, Netbug009? :laughing:

Yeah. XD

Wow, I was right! XD

Any drought-stricken rivers nearby?

Trust me, there’s way more places where that happens, example, anywhere in Florida. But I don’t think Ant Island was meant to be anywhere specifically…

I think Ant Island is just a fantasy place inspired by a real place that the Pixar people visited, captured the scenery and bam, created An’t Island.

My geography of the US is quite poor I’m afraid, so I’m not sure of the name of the location, but here’s my theory…

After reading this article about the Pixar easter eggs…
jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ … -for.aspx##

The bug city is located beneath the trailer which is also the same trailer in Monsters Inc. when Randall gets banished into the human world. So in Monster’s Inc, we hear the accents of the residents there, so I’m assuming that that accent might give a clue to where about’s they might be?

It might be Rhode Island, because the island is out in the middle of the water and pretty small, and “The Big City” is pretty close (in human terms) to Ant Island.

I’ve also thought about Texas as the location. I was stationed at Fort Sill in Southwest Oklahoma and often crossed the Red River into Texas. The settings in “A Bug’s Life” look remarkably like the whole Texhoma area. But who would want to set it in Oklahoma when Texas is more popular. Besides, Grasshoppers are too small to fly from their hideout in Mexico to Oregon, but Texas is right there. I was thinking more like Central Texas, between Austin and Kileen. That’s were Ant Island must be.

wow, ilikepinatas, you really like the details!!!

Well in The Pixar Story, they said they had used the 1 inch bug-cam, which they used to get an idea of what an ant’s perspective was, in their own garden… I suppose you could base it off of Pixar’s lawn! :laughing:

irishman14: That’s genius. I totally forgot about el grasshoppers’ hideout in Mexico. :astonished: You are a genius, dude! :smiley:

Well, you don’t mess with da geography nerd .:sunglasses:

Where was I when Marlin was trying to find his way to Sydney?

you have good comebacks!

And welcome to the forums!

Thanks. Good to be here. :slight_smile:

I’m a geography nut too! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The Spain-bone’s connected to the…France-bone, the France-bone’s connected to the…Swiss-bone…sorry, i love geography. I’m usually not this weird. :laughing: :neutral_face:

B-on-T, i’ve marked a possible location of Ant Island in Google Maps. Want the link?

Sure! Why not? Go ahead A113!

[url]http://tinyurl.com/6gj7ke[/url]

You can trust me. :wink:

I think Ant Island is in London, right in the middle of the city.