A Bugs Life: the videogame

I hope I can make a topic about the video game in this section?

Anyways I was wondering if anyone here has and is any good at the videogame. :slight_smile: I had it for PC and barely played with it, then I wanted to play with it recently but its so old that it didn’t run well on my current computer so I went out and got the PS version. So, I’m playing it, but there’s all these places where I can’t figure out how to get something. Like
how on Earth do you get the Gold Berry in the riverbed level?? I even drew a map because I figured I was missing something, and I wasn’t. I just need to get ONE more seed over to that area, but there aren’t any more
 Argh. :confused: Its driving me crazy. I mean you can complete the level without the Gold Berry
I just want it. Lol.

There’s a sad lack of info on, walkthroughs for, and screengrabs of the game online. I may have to put some stuff on my ABL site. But it would better if I knew how to solve all the puzzles first! :wink:

At first you have to bring two seeds to the hill where the Golden Berry is. You transform one of them into a propeller plant and transport the other one to the top of the hill. There you transform it into a propller plant too and you get the Golden Berry.

Sparky - Congratulations on acquiring one of the most difficult PC games on the planet and the universe combined. :stuck_out_tongue:

First and foremost, my sister and I do own the game in question and loved exploring each level and collecting the numerous berries, some of which were near impossible to locate. Although the game itself is an enjoyable ride overall, I will admit that it took me approxiamately three to four months to complete the thing, if not more. Certain levels – such as the second and third ones – had me banging my head against the wall in an attempt to beat them, and the same goes for finding a good portion of some of those infamous berries. All-in-all, however, it is a fun little game, and I sincerely regret not being able to play it on the updated computer my family now owns.

As far as collecting the particular berry you seek, Witch_of_Night is correct in explaining how to nab that pesky little blighter. It took me a good two hours to pack that one in my bag, but I suppose that all of the hard work and effort was worth it. Berries are essential if you wish to defeat all enemies and, I believe, collect all of the bonus video clips, even if the latter is not necessarily needed.

Speaking of video clips, you can add more to your collection by locating a “hidden level” in both the first level (Ant Hill: Part 1) and in level ten or eleven (The Tree), if I’m not much mistaken. To collect them, set up two mushrooms in close proximity to each other and continue to jump back and forth between each one until you see a healthy collage of exclaimation marks appear. After having witnessed the marks apparate for some time, depart from the mushrooms and you should transport to a hidden level; completion of this level will earn you an extra video clip to add to your inventory.

I used to know the entire video game by heart, but seeing as it’s been so long since I last exercised my fingers on the keyboard during play of that particular game, I wouldn’t be of much assitance to you, which is a shame
as I used to know the location of pretty much every berry within that universe. On the plus side, it seems as if Witch_of_Night, if not some other member, may be available to help you out.

I hope that you collect that last, elusive berry, Sparky! :wink:

– Mitch

Er, yes, thank you
but as I said I know I need two seeds over there. My problem is, I can only get one seed over there and then I can’t find any more. That’s the problem, I don’t know where to get the other seed. Because you have to turn so many into propeller plants in order to get any seeds over there in the first place, you know? And once I have all the propeller plants necessary in place, I only have one seed. I need to find another one.

The thing is, I don’t think one could simply easily tell me the answer to that. I may post the map I made on my ABL site, and if I do that then maybe someone can help me out. It shows where all the seeds (and whether or not they are movable), tokens and berries are.

I played this game on the PS before. I was young and I thought it was hard. I mean, I didn’t get past the third level. Still, it was enjoyable. I bet if I played it now, I would do so much better since I know about VGs.

You know, I have a Walkthrough on my computer (a German one) for A Bug’s Life. I could try to translate it, but it will take a while.

A little off topic, but don’t you just hate that? I have several old games that I still adore, but because new computers aren’t backwards compatible, I can’t play them anymore. It’s so annoying!

And on topic, I’m surprised at how hard this game sounds. You’d figure that since it was from a ‘kid’s film’, it would be easy, but no. :laughing:

lizardgirl - It’s extremely annoying, man! Approxiamately 70% of the PC games I own won’t play on our new and “improved” computer. And then, of course, there is always the wayward game that freezes at a certain point or won’t let you access the next level up. Drives me nuts, it does. :stuck_out_tongue:

And, yes, the kid games are always harder than the adult ones. It took me just a few days to get past 5-7+ levles in Call of Duty, but more than a month to complete Croc: Legend of the Gobos. (snigger)

But back on-topic

– Mitch

I keep a computer with Win 98 and DOS installed on it JUST so I can play older games. :stuck_out_tongue: ABL might have run on there okay but I didn’t feel like hooking it up, lol. Also its easier to use cheats on PS (I have to have infinite health and lives or else I couldn’t play ANY videogame, I suck like that).

How in the world would they make a video game out of A Bug’s Life??? :confused:

I have it for the N64. I loved it dearly but it really could’ve done with a little more hits before you die. It made me jump when Flik would shriek and fall backward. And, Flik should’ve been allowed to punch or kick, not just throw berries or jump on enemies.

I remember being the only one in my family to beat that game- it was just that frustrating.

With computers. :wink:

Well, he can kick. You can actually kill bugs by kicking them. :wink: But you have to get awfully close so it only works on bugs who don’t move, like those big roly-poly ones, and its generally not worth it other than for entertainment value. :wink:

Are you sure you’re talking about the N64? Because I’m pretty darn sure he doesn’t kick his enemies in it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Er, no. I wasn’t aware the console versions were so different as to exclude an action from one.

Sorry.

I know that. I mean what would the plot be? Run away from the bird or you’llget killed? :confused:

K9Girl - The basic premise of the game is to help Flik reach the exit of several levels while collecting berries and defeating as many enemies as possible along the way. The more enemies you defeat, the more bonus clips you add to your collection. Technically, however, the objective is nothing more complex than “reach the exit”. The game itself is more fun than it sounds, though. :wink:

– Mitch

K9girl, there is a bird in the game. I think it doesn’t appear until the 4th level.

OK. Thanks alot u guys! Now I understand . Reminds me of a game I used to play. :slight_smile:

K9Girl - No problem at all. I’m glad that we could be of assistance. :wink:

The Star Swordsman is correct, by the way, in assuming that the bird doesn’t make an appearance until level four. The player must also face-off against this antagonist a second time in the sixth level, if I’m not much mistaken.

– Mitch