The Importance of A Bugs Life...

this thread is dead! :frowning:

futher evidence of people–even Pixar fanatics–overlooking its

genious.

A BUG’S LIFE is a ‘really good’ movie… (i don’t throw around ‘great’ willy

nilly)

i openly admit it is not a ‘great’ movie–ya know, a ‘perfect’ one a la TOY STORY 2, which

hands down, imho is Pixar’s masterpiece–but it is superior to other Pixar efforts, namely last year’s CARS and

yes, TOY STORY.

With all that it has to offer it’s a wonder to me that it is not more revered. the

‘gang’ of bugs Flick encounters and brings back is terrific! each member is entertaining in their own right,

and as a group as well. Heimlick and Francis are my personal faves.

the celebration for the 'warrior

bugs’ is priceless as well…

i could go on

the humour in this flick is top notched

from

the failed circus act
to the ‘shoe fly’ showdown in the bar
to the rubdown scene under the sombrero
to

the canasta scene
to Heimlick getting his wings
and so on

the message is terrific

the moral

of the story is
one needs to stand up to evil (bullies)

and as for the money thing
i know it is the

lowest ranking Pixar flick when it comes to bucks BUT…

in 1998, the year of it’s release…
A

BUG’S LIFE did very well

the top flick that year was a little flick called SAVING PRIVATE RYAN

a

BUG’S LIFE was 4th that year
beating out
such flicks as GODZILLA which opened on 137 million screens or

something
RUSH HOUR
YOU’VE GOT MAIL
MASK OF ZORRO
LETHAL WEAPON 4
DOCTOR DOLITTLE
THE

WATERBOY
THE PRINCE OF EGYPT
WEDDING SINGER
X-FILES
ENEMY OF THE STATE
TRUMAN

SHOW
MULAN
RUGRATS MOVIE
STEPMOM
CITY OF ANGELS
BLADE
ANTZ
and the movie of the year

SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE

so i think it did well in a ‘crowded’ year
–a situation Remy/RATATOUILLE find

itself in this year

if you haven’t seen it before
or even in a while
i strongly recommend taking in

a viewing

Wow, that is a really long, well thought up review.

There is one thing that got me though. You said

. I don’t believe that. i think the real moral of the story is that there are

strength in numbers.

I wouldn’t go that far, Ratzenberger. I

love each and every single one of Pixar’s films. ABL wasn’t my favorite Pixar

film; however, my apprecitation grows and grows every time I watch it. :wink:

I

agree with Gasduude- I think the reason this thread died wasn’t because we don’t

appreciate a ABL, but because the actual topic of this thread is very limited- all anyone can really say in a

reply to it is to agree that A Bug’s Life is a great film. :laughing:

I don’t understand why no one’s talking about A Bug’s Life. It was a very good movie. Maybe we can do something about that? Hmmm?

A113- Well, do you have any suggestions of things that we can do?

Well, (this is the obviousone xD) we could talk about it some more.

You have to understand something A113. Most of the members of Pixar Planet’s favorite movies are the more recent ones (Incredibles, Cars and Ratataouille, with a fan-base of Monsters in the mix). We could get more people to post and talk about it. But overal, it isn’t members don’t want to post in something they aren’t intrested in. but rather the would rather post in something they are more intrested in.

I didn’t say anything against anyone, TSS.

I perfer A bug’s life than Cars. As it was a film which i grew up with and loved.

I didn’t say you weren’t A113. All I am saying is that there aren’t a lot of ABL fanatics here at PP. The majority of the members of PP love other Pixar movies more than ABl.

TSS: OIC :wink:
azzstar: You now, I think you’re the second Pixar Planet member who prefers ABL to Cars. A Bug’s Life was there when I was growing up, too. I can just barely remember being very young and watching ABL on ABC and the Disney Channel, because it was on either of those channels at least once a month, but I would always miss the beginning or end of it.

A113- I’m with azzstar. Besides there are 450+ members on here so I’d say more than two feel the same way.
Well I love Cars and ABL, but something has to go at the bottom of my list so, either one of those two movies are my least favorite on and off.

A113- I think it’s pretty fair to say that it’s more than two members that prefer ABL to Cars. I much prefer ABL to Cars, and as martini said, we’ve got so many members on the forums now.

The thing with ABL is that it has a stereotype as being Pixar’s ‘worst film’, so it’s very easy for people to pre-judge it.

Please keep this on-topic, guys. :wink:

You know, you could just say ok…
After all, you started the “off-topic-ness” with your post on the last page.
There’s no need to be a hypocrite to make yourself look better. :smiley:
Now that I think of it we were on the topic of ABL’s importance… so…
IF no one has anything left to say… let’s talk some more about ABL.

I thought that was on topic… :confused: Iono, but let’s try not to fight guys, I hate it when people fight… (unless somebody’s being a total turd and I have to open a can of woop-butt on 'em. xD)

But I think it might be because ABL is one of the oldest (And I know TS is too, but that was Pixar’s FIRST film, so people are bound to love it more) and ABL seems shorter too. I don’t know for sure if it is or not, but it just seems really short to me. I love it, don’t get me wrong. It’s my third favorite Pixar film. But that might be the reason it’s so underrated.

Ps- Merry late CHRISTmas to whoever I didn’t get a chance to tell! :slight_smile: And lighten up guys, let’s not fight. Or argue… Whatever that was. xD

Thank you, Nikki! :smiley: I’ll go find you those movie lengths, from shortest to longest:

Toy Story: 80 minutes
Toy Story 2: 92 minutes
Monsters, Inc.: 93 minutes
A Bug’s Life: 96 minutes
Finding Nemo: 104 minutes
Ratatouille: 110 minutes
The Incredibles: 115 minutes
Cars: 116 minutes

Average length: 101 minutes

Wow that’s weird… ABL seems shorter than Montser’s Inc to me…

Probably cause Monsters was so fun.

Not that ABL wasn’t fun, it was.

Not that it was more fun than MI, which it was.

Not that I don’t like MI.

Not that…never mind. XDDD